What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

weed in cambodia

motaloca

Thank you for the info.

Where can I get guano? Also I am not sure what you mean by '5 liters bubbled with an airstone for 24 hours.'?

Do you also get normal rice-husk from the nurseries or from the market?

So your not using any chemical fertilizers from psah orussey (I know the place)?

Are you using a propagator? How about using the local seeds?

Thanks again.
I mean a bucket of dechlorinated water(let tapwater sit for 24 hours) then use an aquarium airpump and airstone (5 $ on street 63 there are many pet stores near sorya market when heading north) turned on and let it bubble for 24 hours.
yeah i'm not using any chemical fertilizer. but orrussey is a good place for pots, sprayers and so on.

you should get burned and normal ricehusk from the nurseries near the airport and all nurseries have small bags of bat guano for 2000 riel ask for a bigger bag, you should get a big bag about 5 kilos for 5$
i'm not using a propagator too hot here. if you plant outside get some chicken cage wire for protection from birds.(every market)
it's hard to find cambodian seeds as almost all weed grown here is thai or dutch hybrids, but if you get a bag of good weed it's worth a try.
all cambodian farmers i know use dutch hybrids sadly.
any more questions feel free to ask
peace
mota

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
A lot of Sth East Asian ganja can rip your throat or gunk up your lungs if you smoke lots of it for long enough (as you do)...If I was there I'd buy up an armful of the best (loose, not compacted) buds around, freeze it overnight then sift them through a mesh. That way a shoe box worth of bud could be reduced down to a golf ball worth of resin, it's much easier to conceal, nicer to smoke, much less of an incriminating smell, it will be a much better high and your lungs will thank you.

If you don't have access to 120 ~ 150 micron mesh, you can check out the markets for open weave fabric or screens, mosquito or fine aquarium nets etc, where there is a will, there' a way! If worse comes to worse you can buy some window insect screen and gently sift with that, although the result will be very contaminated, you will still be inhaling a much cleaner, purer smoke.

another effective but time consuming way to concentrate an ounce into a marble is to hand rub the ganja...do this over a glass table or newspaper with your hands in a prayer position pointing away from you at belly button level about 6 inches above the pile of buds, lifting up and rubbing lightly and quickly over and over again, then picking up more, rubbing it lightly and letting it fall down into the pile until your palms become sticky, flick off as much plant matter as possible then over a clean area, spit on your palms and rub them together forcefully and the resin will fall off..then repeat the bud rubbing over and over again until your palms take too long to get sticky with resin..this method takes a long time, your hands might even blister but this works really well with brick weed. You can also set aside a little of the best buds prior to rubbing, then add your "charas" to these (ground up) buds and your smoke will be 5 times stronger than it was and you will need to inhale much less...I've done this in Thailand a few times and the smoke destroyed many a smoker who was used to smoking the same ganja.

Great post. Another solution to the harsh smoke problem around these parts is to buy a vape. I got one recently and am impressed with the results. It is portable too (about the size and a matchbox. I got mine from vapeworld. It took about 2 weeks to get here.

Will post a few pics of it later. My camera is recharging at the moment.

Jobsworth

@motaloca, thanks again. I'll be growing indoors, got a 220watt red spec CFL with me. I hope that it will be sufficient for the whole cycle. I've been down to the car accessories shops near Canada Tower/bank to look for mylar. I'm not sure which is the mylar as the plastic they use to tint windows is smocked black see-through sheeting, however, I did see some square panels, maybe cushioned on one side with suckers to stick to the windows and on the other side is a silver reflective plastic with ganja leaves printed all over it, is that mylar?

Thanks again.

C

Chamba

if you can't locate mylar use the dull side of aluminum foil or flat white paint, these will work almost as well....and while CFLs can grow potent bud (some of the strongest pot I've grown was under CFL's) you really need to cram as many watts inside that cabinet or grow area as possible, I'd suggest placing as many as you are able to, do this with 27 or 25 watt white CFLs very close to the (sides of the) plants that can be adjusted easily. The best way to grow with CFLs is to scrog so the multiple tops are very close to the lights and you will need to train every few days to maintain optimal light levels as the depth of light with any CFL is quite shallow. With a 220 watt CFL you could train your plants to form a bowl shape so most of the grow tips are close to the light. Btw is the 220 watt CFL an actual 220 watter or is it equivilent to 220 watts of incandescent light?, as there is a big difference..anyway, there's lots of posts here on ICmag about growing with CFLs, so check them out!

Happy growing!.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Vspe pic

Vspe pic

Well here it is. The high is so markedly different from smoking and bonging that I'm a loss to decide whether it is stronger or weaker.

I find myself way more alert and functional after vaping though as opposed to not ever wanting to do anything after smoking and doing very little after bonging.

However I have yet to feel 'wrecked' from vaping yet. Some more 'research' is required!

Attachments

• MFV 003.jpg
    MFV 003.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 16
@motaloca, thanks again. I'll be growing indoors, got a 220watt red spec CFL with me. I hope that it will be sufficient for the whole cycle. I've been down to the car accessories shops near Canada Tower/bank to look for mylar. I'm not sure which is the mylar as the plastic they use to tint windows is smocked black see-through sheeting, however, I did see some square panels, maybe cushioned on one side with suckers to stick to the windows and on the other side is a silver reflective plastic with ganja leaves printed all over it, is that mylar?

Thanks again.

Yes! That is the mylar to buy. It is specially designed to grow ganja in your car (or truck). Any other mylar without the suckered cushions and ganja leaves is clearly an inferior product. The smocked-black tint stuff is for gangsters/mafia/government officials vehicles and will make you look suspicious if you pimp your ride with it...

Sorry mate, I couldn't resist :laughing:

Jobsworth

@Motaloca, you mention soaking the rockwool in ph'd water. What did you use at that point to ph the water and did you use a ph tester kit? if so where could I get one?

Thanks.

Jobsworth

@Motaloca, another quick question: once I've mixed the soil is it ready to use straight away or do I need to leave it for some time?

Thanks.

Jobsworth

@Motaloca, I'm thinking I may go with chemical nutrients until I get more experienced and I know what the final product looks like...

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
The grow guide I need to read for this region is the guy who mentioned he was growing inside a FRIDGE!

Now there's a cab with a built in cooling system!!

Jobsworth

@Motaloca you mentioned earlier in this thread 'be careful with the burned rice husk , its very alkaline. ... made red cabbage ph strips. I guess the quantity you have recommended for an organic soil mix is suitable? Also what do you mean by 'red cabbage ph strips'?

Thx.

Jobsworth

@Motaloca, is the soil mix you use clean enough? Although I keep my place pretty clean, can I expect insects or attacks from disease, as I see how fast ants get into the kitchen if a bit of food is left out! As I said I will do it indoors as I've got a bit of space ...

Jobsworth

@Motaloca, what do you think about adding some sand (for drainage) and one those small limes to the soil mix? I am also thinking about some small rocks in the bottom of the pot. Do seeds germinate well in your soil mix (I'm thinking those slabs of rockwool are pretty big and then they need flushing)?

Thx.

Jobsworth

@Motaloca, I hope you don't mind all these questions ... I know it's all time consuming helping someone over the internet.

I went to Pasah O Russey again today, looking for seaweed. A guy told me that the seaweed was previously given to stallholders from the Ministry of Agriculture as a freebie and is now sold out everywhere. However, I did come across another product (not sure of the price, big bag, in Thai) which a woman claimed to be seaweed ... I may go with chemicals anyway ...

Also I found the coconut depot after my second trip to that market, wow, won't be going on a Saturday afternoon again :-0, anyway had a look and noticed what they make is the white fruit from inside the husk. Are you using that? 7,000 a Kg? As I Know coir comes from the outer part of the coconut!? or are you buying the husks and ? ... any secret tips on breaking that down? They said at the store I was at that they don't grind the shells!

Thx.

Hey jobsworth--you ain't having much luck are you sport? I reckon motoloca has left the building :biggrin:. Check this out...

http://www.samcoconutfiber.com/factory.html

Print some photos, take 'em to the "Coco Depot" (I love that name :laughing:) and show them what you want. Don't let them charge you over 70 baht (or the equivalent rials, dongs, shekels, whatever) for an 80 liter bag. I just bought a ten-wheel trucks' worth--about 3 tons--for 9000 baht delivered.

Good luck...

Jobsworth

Hey Guido, thx for that. I realise that's the stuff but they only have these tiny man made machines they work with and I don't think it would be capable of grinding hard husk. I'll print the pix and try again. I think they understood :-0

Jobsworth

Guido the "Coco Depot" here was far short of the scale of the one in the photos but, hey, they may be able to show the way...

Latest posts

Latest posts