What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Phatty

I can’t answer why we didn’t stop ALL air traffic coming into the United States, but i suspect that would have been extremely difficult.

nothing difficult about it, for a government person trying to do the right thing.

just as they grounded flights out of LAX in December 2002, because of a credible terror threat.

sure it's inconvenient as hell for the passengers - if it were done right they would be quarantined for 14 days, or 40 days.

Quarantine is "old Italian" for 40 days.

old Italian as in, 1348 Italy.

it is strange comedy watching the US fail to heed the lessons learned from the Black Plague, 700 years ago.

White Beard

Well, we could blame the people who HIRED Trump. That would work for me.

I don’t have any paranoid fantasies about Bill Gates, though...

T

Teddybrae

My sentiments exactly. No Ethnicity, no Nations, no War.

But otherwise, I want to contribute here but somehow just can't find anything other than above to reply to/comment on. My life at the keyboard is becoming vacuum-like. I think rednecks and just plain old selfish egotists are taking all the bytes here for themselves.

It's as if THEY KNOW. but they don't. Gosh ... it's probably a strategy to make them feel more comfortable. Thinking they know, I mean.

But I can't really say. I don't know either, you see ...

It's a lovely day today. The sun is shining. My Partner is good humoured. I haven't got covid and there's none in the state.

Yippee!

no ethnic solidarity= no peoplehood = no country. This is how life works, since time immemorial.

America is nothing but a land mass for international commerce and gentile labor. Social solidarity? LOL forget it.

Expect numbers to skyrocket. We all hate each other. Nobody is going to "sacrifice for the common good." There is no common good anymore.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
I have a better experiment for you to try.
Take a nice big swig of your favorite beverage, and keep it in your mouth. Put on a mask and sneeze and watch where it goes. Now try the same thing without a mask and watch where it goes.
The reason why this experiment is more applicable is because covid19 catches a ride on water molecules inside of your lungs. Without the H2O, covid19 (relatively)quickly “dies”. Masks are very effective with droplet precautions, which is why hospitals have always required sick visitors to wear a make(if they allow sick visitors at all).

gr8 analogy. better than ignorance is bliss.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
can you tell Shaggy likes to read himself talk?

that is why i put him on "ignore". if others would stop quoting him & a couple of others, these threads would be MUCH easier to read & take up much less space. there are landfills out in the country for trash...i'm resisting putting knucklehead on there because he is so entertaining...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it is strange comedy watching the US fail to heed the lessons learned from the Black Plague, 700 years ago.

comedy/funny as in WTF? instead of "Ha Ha" i'm guessing. those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. would this be the "Orange Plague"?:ying:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Can we start a petition to temp ban those who insist on dragging politics into every discussion.

Am I the only one that is sick and tired of hearing this shit day after day?

mr.brunch

Veteran
I think there is a false sense of security with masks sometimes.
No doubt they help, but they’re not immunity.
Some people in grocery stores seem to think because they’re wearing one, they can therefore push right past people in a way I doubt they would have, even before the virus.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PURE DUH!

PURE DUH!

TRUMP SUPPORTER #MAGA
@betharnold130
·
20h
I did it! I went to the store today and violated the mask rule! Flag of United States I just slipped in, and no one said anything to me - not even at the checkout! Flag of United StatesFlag of United StatesFlag of United StatesFlag of United StatesFlag of United States

Julian's Rum Tumbler glass
@JuliansRum
·
22h
I’d love to watch Wal Mart stop a group of 50 no-maskers from walkin in.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
am i the only one surprised by the lack of increase in robberies? like, you already have a mask on. all you have to do is make it around the corner...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I think there is a false sense of security with masks sometimes.
No doubt they help, but they’re not immunity.
Some people in grocery stores seem to think because they’re wearing one, they can therefore push right past people in a way I doubt they would have, even before the virus.

most folks around here are masking up, and the vast majority of them i see in grocery stores are spacing out about as well as possible. aisles in some stores now marked "one way" complete with arrows on the floor for those esp. challenged by complexities of the english language...:tiphat: my biggest bitch (same as BEFORE the virus) is morons that stop in aisle (blocking it completely) so they can read labels on fucking cans & compare salt contents etc. "is this your first trip buying groceries, grandma?":tiphat: drives me fucking batshit crazy. of course, it WAS a short ride...

Klompen

It amazes me how people genuinely believe that the government would conspire to make people obscure their faces. Its so incredibly stupid that anyone believes that. It makes facial recognition less effective, and yet Big Brother supposedly is demanding it of us.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Masks? - did anyone say masks?

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.