What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Beard

There was a 2019 & 2020 RCT study on N-95 respirators showing ZERO significant reduction in virus containment . So just go fuck yourself with CORONA SCIENCE FICTION :dance013:

Question Is the use of N95 respirators or medical masks more effective in preventing influenza infection among outpatient health care personnel in close contact with patients with suspected respiratory illness?

Findings In this pragmatic, cluster randomized clinical trial involving 2862 health care personnel, there was no significant difference in the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among health care personnel with the use of N95 respirators (8.2%) vs medical masks (7.2%).

Meaning As worn by health care personnel in this trial, use of N95 respirators, compared with medical masks, in the outpatient setting resulted in no significant difference in the rates of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

I say this with 100% sincerity , GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH YOUR CORONA SCIENCE FICTION :moon:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2749214
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU YELLING AT?

I notice you’re not yelling ABOUT anything interesting. A more useful takeaway rom your link is that the highly-prized N95 is not significantly more effective than “medical masks”, but perhaps you’ve done more detailed research into the physical properties, characteristics and materials of masks than I have.

Questions: your link did not specify what “medical masks” it compared the N95 to - would that be the now-common “Surgical mask”, or something else? When I hear “outpatient setting”, I’m thinking first-aid stations, open clinics, urgent-care “doc-in-the-box” setups (if there are still any) - not emergency rooms, intensive-care wards, respiratory & infectious-disease units. CVS, not Walter Reed. Do you know different?

And the $64 question: why is a better mask in some settings a reason to send out a general FAAACK YOOOOU about - well, ANYTHING?

I went to Costco today, and they’re pretty strict about mask compliance (a minor reason for my love of the place), but several fools were wandering the aisles with their noses exposed. They couldn’t have gotten in that way, so it must have been a deliberate choice to say FUCK UUUU to Costco and our fellow shoppers. Did not give them the FUUUCK YOOO, I checked with the desk about their policy on the way out. They encouraged me to SAY SOMETHING to the intentional idiots next time, and I will.

So, what’s your beef? N95 masks too expensive for you? Or just not worth the shekels?

knucklehead bob

Veteran
Since knucklehead didn’t post a link...Here is a link to a 2020 ncbi mask study
“ A rapid systematic review of the efficacy of face masks and respirators against coronaviruses and other respiratory transmissible viruses for the community, healthcare workers and sick patients”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

Here is the conclusion:
Conclusion

The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings. Trials in healthcare workers support the use of respirators continuously during a shift. This may prevent health worker infections and deaths from COVID-19, as aerosolisation in the hospital setting has been documented.

WTF are you talking about no link ?

No thank you to anything Bill Gate$ i$ a$$ociated with .

Bill Gates celebrates research collaborations with NIH

https://www.fic.nih.gov/News/Pages/2013-bill-gates-nih-barmes-global-health-lecture.aspx

:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO, Typical they do that often. What they see on the screen is in reality in there head.

knucklehead bob

Veteran
WTF are you taking about?
My post never mentioned Bill Gates.
WTF does Bill Gates have to with my post?
smh...
since we don’t have a smh emoji, i’m gonna shake my ass.:dancer:

Your link comes from the NIH , Bill Gate$ i$ a$$ociated with the NIH . No thank you to anything Bill Gate$ , the billionaire VACCINE investor/$ale$man with no Medical training or knowledge i$ a$$ociated with .

T

Teddybrae

Ummm ... sorry to butt in ... old guy here ... what's an "... smh emoji"? Smack my head?

WTF are you taking about?
My post never mentioned Bill Gates.
WTF does Bill Gates have to with my post?
smh...
since we don’t have a smh emoji, i’m gonna shake my ass.:dancer:

Amynamous

Does the NIH fall under the executive branch?
Does the NIH answer to trump?
Does trump answer to Bill Gates?
Does Bill Gates answer to trump?
hmmm.....

Who gives a fuck.
Wear a mask.
The science supports it.
:dancer:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Bunch of folks on bill gates jock strap here, so it would seem......
Why do you folk support him like you do?

igrowone

Veteran
support seems an inappropriate word
personally i don't much care for his public persona
so what? move on
he's a guy with a lot of money, can be used for ill or good
he's in the vaccine game, we need more people/resources in the vaccine game
not trolls that contribute zero(or less)
was not you i had in mind in framing the prior statement

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I don't call someone else a schmuck because he's works with one. How many asshats have we all worked with. Doesn't make you one. I dont support the super rich there all asshats IMO.

mowood3479

Veteran
At this point no reason to argue. Those that arent gonna ware a mask wont start because of whats said here. I will do what I think keeps me safer from catching some C-19 from some moron that doesn't care and thinks its all a conspiracy and also keep others safer.. I don't really care if they get sick. I do care if they get someone else sick. There still nothing I can do to stop there poor choices.

This guy gets it.
I will wear a mask for people I love and respect (if they ask me to wear one around them.)

If we are strangers n u come at me like I owe u something then it’s gonna be GFY 100% of the time.
There is no greater good.
And I have no king.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Ya well come make me fukface

You are now
attachment.php

Attachments

• fuk.jpg
    fuk.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 10

mowood3479

Veteran
death rate never varies, stuck on one per person. you are free to put yourself at risk all you like, but you are NOT free to endanger others. the law takes a dim view of it, lol.:laughing:

Actually there genius the death rate varies month to month year to year slightly. It is the percentage of the population that dies in a given period.
Some years more people die than others.
Look it up before you talk shit or you look like a moron

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Actually there genius the death rate varies month to month year to year slightly. It is the percentage of the population that dies in a given period.
Some years more people die than others.
Look it up before you talk shit or you look like a moron

reading comprehension not your strong point, i see. every person dies (this is permanent, do you understand?) ONCE! no one said that more folks did not die some years more than others. speaking of looking like a moron...:laughing:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
maybe it's easier to think of it as a one-way condom... sure, you might pick up the corona-herp but at least you won't be spreading it to others... better than nothing

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Your link comes from the NIH , Bill Gate$ i$ a$$ociated with the NIH . No thank you to anything Bill Gate$ , the billionaire VACCINE investor/$ale$man with no Medical training or knowledge i$ a$$ociated with .

At least he has money for countries to have malaria nets, clean water, making the globe a more healthful place.

His $$ and heart is in the right place, to save American lives, as well as globally. Since CDC funding/employees have been stripped, it's good to have a benefactor to assist with combating COVID spread and possible vaccine.

Why do you care if Gates has money?
What have you done to save American lives?

Are you Shag in drag? His comments are eerily similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts