What's new

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i didnt wear my seatbelt for years, thinking "if i crash, itll just be me that dies"

then someone made a good point about me becoming a deadly human projectile.

so i started wearing one.

Mr. J

i didnt wear my seatbelt for years, thinking "if i crash, itll just be me that dies"

Wow that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. You can't really be that dumb.

'Boogieman'

My uncle was hit by a train and lived, the cops believe if he had his seatbelt on he would have been killed instantly but instead he was found alive in a corn field. Lesson learned, fuck a seat belt. You just enjoy being a Karen though.

Absolem

My uncle was hit by a train and lived, the cops believe if he had his seatbelt on he would have been killed instantly but instead he was found alive in a corn field. Lesson learned, fuck a seat belt. You just enjoy being a Karen though.

Your uncle sounds like a complete moron getting in the way of a train with his car.

Mr. J

I bet a lot of you were one of those kids whose parents put them on a leash when they went out, and you probably had to wear a helmet until you turned 18.

Absolem

I bet a lot of you were one of those kids whose parents put them on a leash when they went out, and you probably had to wear a helmet until you turned 18.

Those people tend to be obese and wear Trump shirts. Fly the confederate flag.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran

you seem care a lot about trying to cram ppl into meaningless categories.

not that it matters, but i was brought up before everyone was scared to let their kids out.

we played in the street all day most days, doing stupid shit with whatever we had... footballs, branches, fireworks, bikes and skateboards, etc.

i'm also not fat and out of shape, for the record. i have a physical job, care about what i eat (mmmmm bacon) and even sometimes still skate, although my knees can't take the impact that great anymore.

you know, if you cared as much about doing the right thing (like wearing a mask to help our society) as you do about arbitrary characterization of strangers, you might finally be a man one day.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Your uncle sounds like a complete moron getting in the way of a train with his car.

the apple does not fall far from the tree. a one in a million chance that being stupid saved his uncle, now being stupid is his philosophy. odds are far better with a belt on. myself, i believe that the gene pool will be deeper without his input...:dance013:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seat belts are effective when in front and rear crashes which happen more often.. Side impacts seat belts can be deadly. I wouldn't be hear if I had my seat belt on that day. When I got hit it through me out the passenger window. If I had it on I would have been crushed. That's how I got disabled.

Cannavore

Veteran
zFqkLRQ.jpg

knucklehead bob

Veteran
There was a 2019 & 2020 RCT study on N-95 respirators showing ZERO significant reduction in virus containment . So just go fuck yourself with CORONA SCIENCE FICTION :dance013:

Question Is the use of N95 respirators or medical masks more effective in preventing influenza infection among outpatient health care personnel in close contact with patients with suspected respiratory illness?

Findings In this pragmatic, cluster randomized clinical trial involving 2862 health care personnel, there was no significant difference in the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among health care personnel with the use of N95 respirators (8.2%) vs medical masks (7.2%).

Meaning As worn by health care personnel in this trial, use of N95 respirators, compared with medical masks, in the outpatient setting resulted in no significant difference in the rates of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

I say this with 100% sincerity , GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH YOUR CORONA SCIENCE FICTION :moon:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2749214

93375327_10216752101978584_879067672485036032_n.jpg

107700238_2600645626875308_1509122583042429254_n.jpg

Gsc x back to the congo @ week 5

:tiphat:

Amynamous

There was a 2019 & 2020 RCT study on N-95 respirators showing ZERO significant reduction in virus containment . So just go fuck yourself with CORONA SCIENCE FICTION :dance013:

Question Is the use of N95 respirators or medical masks more effective in preventing influenza infection among outpatient health care personnel in close contact with patients with suspected respiratory illness?

Findings In this pragmatic, cluster randomized clinical trial involving 2862 health care personnel, there was no significant difference in the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among health care personnel with the use of N95 respirators (8.2%) vs medical masks (7.2%).

Meaning As worn by health care personnel in this trial, use of N95 respirators, compared with medical masks, in the outpatient setting resulted in no significant difference in the rates of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

I say this with 100% sincerity , GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH YOUR CORONA SCIENCE FICTION :moon:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2749214

View attachment 541601

View attachment 541602

View attachment 541603

:tiphat:

Was there a point in that rant somewhere?:tiphat:

Amynamous

Since knucklehead didn’t post a link...Here is a link to a 2020 ncbi mask study
“ A rapid systematic review of the efficacy of face masks and respirators against coronaviruses and other respiratory transmissible viruses for the community, healthcare workers and sick patients”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

Here is the conclusion:
Conclusion

The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings. Trials in healthcare workers support the use of respirators continuously during a shift. This may prevent health worker infections and deaths from COVID-19, as aerosolisation in the hospital setting has been documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts