What's new

Was I being a bitch?

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
no one is being the cops by saying 'hey im cool with whatever you guys do just letting you know customers can see you... enjoy the bowl though'. that's not interfering with anything you're doing. its not being the cops. the cops will arrest you. there is a huge difference guy.

You'd be surprised how quick people are to accuse you of being a cop here... :badday:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
i live in a small mountain town in western north carolina full of southern baptists... if i owned a pizza place here and word got around that my employees were smoking in front of the business... i'd lose my customer base in 2 seconds, and id have the fucking sheriff down my throat. not only that, but they'd probably try and take my business from me. no joke.

This is a biggie!! Where are you located?? (To the OP)
In Cali...that is happening thousands a time a night...it is no big deal--
Maybe other places are way different--
You have to expect ppl to respond according to their experience...and how things are in their area--:tiphat:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's great that you are concerned, but it's really none of your business IMO.

I would have been happy to oblige my what was on my mind too if you had done that to me. It probably would have hurt your feelings a little bit.

It's not wise to tell strangers what to do.

:wave:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
That's great that you are concerned, but it's really none of your business IMO.

I would have been happy to oblige my what was on my mind too if you had done that to me. It probably would have hurt your feelings a little bit.

It's not wise to tell strangers what to do.

:wave:

It's not wise to engage in illegal activities out in the open. :dunno:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not wise to engage in illegal activities out in the open. :dunno:

I'm not gonna tell a crack head to stop smoking in public.

If they are dumb enough to smoke out in the open like that let them suffer the consequences IMO.

Not my business.

EDIT: Not condoning smoking out in the public. Very dumb, dumb.

Calimed

Veteran
Next time ya'll smoke and are hanging out, just casually mention, "So your boss lets you smoke up front? I'd love a job like that!"

C

Classyathome

But when it's taking place @ a place of business, in view of customers... it's no longer solely your business.

It's not your business, literally and figuratively - you don't own it, they are not your employees, you are not their Mommy...

Leave 'em alone - if they get pinched, that's their dumbassed luck.

Don't like what/where - don't so it yourself.

No-one appointed you guardian of the public good.

My original post is my gut reaction - MYOFB...

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
It's not your business, literally and figuratively - you don't own it, they are not your employees, you are not their Mommy...

Leave 'em alone - if they get pinched, that's their dumbassed luck.

Don't like what/where - don't so it yourself.

No-one appointed you guardian of the public good.

My original post is my gut reaction - MYOFB...

What I and others do and say isn't your business, so why are you telling people to MTOFB? God forbid trying to help out a fellow toker...

C

Classyathome

What I and others do and say isn't your business, so why are you telling people to MTOFB? ...

My point exactly:thank you: - and the MYOFB was a generalization, not an order...

We should all MOOFB - unless there is a crime you'd care to stop, like a rape, mugging, vandalism, etc.

Some dudes blastin' a bowl is none of the OPs biz - and your reaction to someone telling you what to do should be lesson in itself...

ka0tik_kreati0n

♥-_-~Praying the Lord my soul to keep~-_-&#9
Veteran
Why are you trying to make it out to be like weed is such a shameful thing? I mean now IM not trying to be a bitch, but.. weed is good, weed is beautiful, and should NOT be seen as a shameful thing... at least thats my opinion of it... I am not going to hide... Yes I'll be discreet, but I will never lie to my son...
dont mind me im pretty fuckin lit off some edibles and purple haze

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
What I and others do and say isn't your business, so why are you telling people to MTOFB? God forbid trying to help out a fellow toker...

Wow...if that ain't the Pot calling the Kettle Black!!
Sorry Grn...but you just showed why you should not have had a prob with what other ppl do...it really is none of your (or any of us's) deal what other ppl do...as long as they are not hurting anyone--
No disrespect intended...just saying my piece--:tiphat:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
weed is good, weed is beautiful, and should NOT be seen as a shameful thing... at least thats my opinion of it... I am not going to hide... Yes I'll be discreet, but I will never lie to my son...
dont mind me im pretty fuckin lit off some edibles and purple haze

I am the same way-- I don't hide it from anybody...tho, I will say that I prolly would find a better way to smoke, than in front of Customers-- But yeah...I don't hide it from my kids...because to me, that would be like saying I think it is wrong...and I don't--:ying:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Ok i woulda sat them lil fockers down on the curb and gave them the pot is NO GOOD for you, as i grab the pipe/joint from the dood and start to puff puff puff puff puff puff keeep. exhale a lil and continue to puff puff puff puff puff till it was roached or cashed, then i would pounded some knuckles blew it up and said i love your food man see ya inside.. peace n puffs..

sackO

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Wow...if that ain't the Pot calling the Kettle Black!!
Sorry Grn...but you just showed why you should not have had a prob with what other ppl do...it really is none of your (or any of us's) deal what other ppl do...as long as they are not hurting anyone--
No disrespect intended...just saying my piece--:tiphat:

All I was doing was using the same logic he brought to the thread...

I fail to see how someone looking out for some fellow tokers is getting such flak about it. :dunno:

I don't have any problem with what other people do... I'm also not going to have a problem if someone gives me advice... if I don't like it, I don't take it.

All it takes is one person to come in that doesn't like what they see, call the health dept., and create a shitstorm. As nice as it would be if everyone were as lax about bud as we are, but that just isn't the case.

C

Carl Carlson

Why does being next to a school have anything to do with anything??
They were smoking...so what?? Were they offering shit to kids??
I feel the same about a Dispensary being next to a school....So what?? The kids can't get in there without a Rec....what is the big deal??
Ppl are too involved with trying to be fucking Politically Correct these days...

well technically, it's not just the distribution laws that are tougher in so-called school zones, it's usually the state possession laws too.

I searched using google and found this for example, it's New Jersey law:

Possession of Marijuana in a School Zone
There are enhanced penalties for possession of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school zone under N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10. This provision mandates that an individual perform at least 100 hours of community service above and beyond whatever other penalties are imposed if he possesses marijuana "while on any property used for school purposes which is owned by or leased to any elementary or secondary school or school board, or within 1,000 feet of any such school property or a school bus, or while on any school bus".

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
well technically, it's not just the distribution laws that are tougher in so-called school zones, it's usually the state possession laws too.

I searched on google and found this for example, it's New Jersey law:

Possession of Marijuana in a School Zone
There are enhanced penalties for possession of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school zone under N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10. This provision mandates that an individual perform at least 100 hours of community service above and beyond whatever other penalties are imposed if he possesses marijuana "while on any property used for school purposes which is owned by or leased to any elementary or secondary school or school board, or within 1,000 feet of any such school property or a school bus, or while on any school bus".

Keep in mind, the "Intent" of these zoning Laws, was to keep ppl from selling drugs to kids--
This is obviously not happening in Dispensaries...at least the ones I go to, it is easier to get in Fort Knox...than a D, without a Rec--:tiphat: