What's new

Warning - High Odor Strains

chizzleonetime

g13 x widow (nw cut) , cheese , blues , blueberry, super lemon haze (1 pheno i ran) and ak48 are all very stinky with ak being the least

Last edited:

lovelightpower

Veteran
psycho-berry (uk clone only)

this stuff is stinkier than cheese.
baggies (whether smell proof or not) only seem to amplify the smell.
multiple baggies also dont seem to capture the smell.
stuff will stink your whole house from one gram in a room in a baggie in a draw.
people really know when you've walked into a room with this stuff.

Hamburglar

There is a Pheno of Nirvanas Papaya that stinks to high heaven even in veg. You will definitely need a carbon filter, and even more-so if it's a stealth op.

My micro cab was reeking out my whole upstairs before I fitted my filters.

amrad

I havent grown a strain yet that didnt smell, if its cannabis, and its blooming it smells. Some times I cant smell it but my wife, who should have got a job with a perfume company, her sense of smell is friggen incredible, can smell it.
Regardless of strain, after about six weeks of growth, it dosnt have to be flowering, she finds my plants and the shit hits the fan. And thats with a carbon scrubber.
Thats okay we made a deal and she allows me to start them inside but grow them outside.
If you think no one can smell your plants, just get a non smoker of cigs or pot, preferably of the female persuasion and get them to check your house out.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
it would be cool if there are breeders out there which are searching-growing plants with a low odoor

Hey! they already did breed some of those! For one check out Northern Lights #5, it's very low odor. Shop on Seedboutique and you'll see some strains described as low odor . . .good luck!

The stinkiest strain I've experienced was White Widow . .

j6p

it would be cool if there are breeders out there which are searching-growing plants with a low odoor
It sure would. A11, C99, and most mandala strains for example seem to be low odor. Small sativa doms are frequently low odor. These strains usually have fruity or citrus or bubblegum, clean smelling odors. NYCD, AK47, skunky strains on the other hand, reek and stick out like a sour thumb. Plant odors are caused by their terpene profiles and levels.

Here is a Low-odor strain thread.

skunktoker

Lemon-skunk..GHS
Aurora-Indica..Nirvana
G-13 pacifica cut.......smells like A shitty baby diaper smothered in cat piss with a hint of chicken shit smell ......but the smoke when cured is pure bliss......ST

VAtransplant

I'm dead lol

my can 9000? smallish model is not doing it's job after about 5 months of duty. Shoulda replaced it after last harvest, because now I have a tent full of ECSD and some other la con cross that's stinking up the place.

really wish i didnt rent, and really wish my room / tent area wasnt directly below an office above. uhggg less than 50 days in to these ecsd - don't wanna chop!

it's a tricky thing though, I know when i unzip the tent I get karate spin kicked in the face with stink. I know that means the scrubber is doing a damn good job if I don't smell anything even if I'm directly infront of exhaust. It's just..after a while it multiplies. I also have my window open during lights on to stabalize temps and that helps. Closing that during lights out... when i wake up in the morning before the lights come on I actually can smell it from my bed. That's bad if you've been sleeping for 8 hours and awake noticing a scent that you've been surrounded by all evening.

I really should upgrade my scrubber but too many bills due. Flushing may begin tomorrow :(

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheese,, Bubbledust,, Diesels,, Heavy Duty Fruity,, Neon Skunk,, Psychosis,, Skunk,, Strawberry Cheesel,, and Yumbolt :D

Cheese (exodus clone) and Yumbolt smell like something died in the corner of the room!!

Hope this helps

Some strains that i have grown or seen grown that stunk the whole house up, even with carbon filters.... Nirvana's White Rhino, bcga's killer queen, ssh, and Heavy Duty Fruity, Stinky Pinky, and Cheese.

the rhino may have been a really stinky pheno, because a friend and i split two different females and mine stunk like crazy but not his. Original Killer Queen from BCGA, 2002ish? like cat piss and shit on a skunk, killer smoke though. GHS SSH, smelled like lemony, citrusy, like you were juicing fresh citrus throughout the house. THS Heavy duty fruity, stunk to high heavens, kinda sweet, skunky and i could not keep the smell under control at all, same for their Stinky Pinky.
All these grows were single grows from seed, just started cloning after years of being happy with purchasing seeds. i like trying different things. luckily i am way out in the woods, so no neighbors to smell what i been cooking.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could just get a regular ozone generator... they will kill the odor. Yeah if your a retard ozone can be bad for you. I was curious if I could run a ozone generator in my grow room to kill those damn mites. LOL

I have a commercial ozone generator, maybe 2 feet wide and about as tall and it only gets rid of maybe 80% of the smell and it's a low odor strain.... I though carbon filters were as good as you can get.

Tzone007

Lemon-skunk..GHS
Aurora-Indica..Nirvana
G-13 pacifica cut.......smells like A shitty baby diaper smothered in cat piss with a hint of chicken shit smell ......but the smoke when cured is pure bliss......ST

I second the lemon skunk being strong smelling.. I had it in a room with trainwreck, great white shark, white rhino, and blackberry and after I chopped her (finished first) the room smelled half as strong as it did before.

_Haste_

i have seen some stinkers in my day.. but nothing has come close to this cherry slider i picked up a year ago.. when burning it you could probably smell it for blocks.. this shit STANK!