Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
By the way VTA, I believe it is your buddy BHT and dispensary owners selling $60 eighths. Where I live, people are glad to get $40. I never take more than $200 an ounce or $25 an eighth. It would be much less if my taxes were not so high.

Tax me, control me, regulate me!!! Just don't jail me!!!

I also sell 1/8s of Casey jones, green crack and blue dream for 10/gram, but when people want kush, they expect to pay more, as they should...

BlackCat777

I can't shake the suspicion that the true motive for this bill has less to do with any restoration of our personal liberties, and is more concerned with further lining the pockets of big business and government.

GUNS AND DOPE PARTY

May we Suggest

EVERYBODY FOR PRESIDENT!

-- Well, at least everybody who feels ready for the
responsibility of self-goverment. Those who still
need a Big Daddy or a Big Momma to discipline and
dominate them should vote for whatever furhrer or
saviour they like best.
If you want self-government don't vote for the Two
Lying Bastards of the Democan and Republicrat parties.....
or for any minority party that also wants to govern you....

We advocate
[1] guns for those who want them, no guns
forced on those who don't want them (pacfists, Quakers etc.)
[2] drugs for those who want them,
no drugs forced on those who don't want them (Christian Scientists etc.)
[3] an end to Tsarism and a return to constitutional democracy
[4] equal rights for ostriches.

Official motto: "Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy,
don't be afraid to make slurping sounds,
and don't take crap from anybody"

A GOVERNMENT WHICH TAKES YOUR MONEY BY FORCE
LIKE A COMMON THIEF
WILL USE THIS STOLEN MONEY TO FURTHER ENSLAVE YOU
AND TO PREVENT ANY REBELLION ON YOUR PART
--Olga Struthio

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya know.. there's always some smart ass butt head like me that interupts a good conversation and debate just to insert an image...well..call me what you will but I just couldn't find a more appropriate place for these I captured the other day. California USA.....DD
picture.php

picture.php

CrazyCooter

yep..its more money in their coffers and more of us behind bars...
the time for doobies in the street is done..
the time for taking ACTION at the ballot box is now!

And what of my civics lesson on fascism and the fruits of your leaders in Sacramento? :dunno:

CrazyCooter

all of that without answering..

what "real action" do you suggest?

1. Get a Med card.

2. Grow some cannabis.

3. Share it with others who have a med card for a donation.

4. Take care of you and your family without paying taxes on the biggest cash crop in California.

5. Demand better legislation.

6. Tell the politicians in Sacramento to shove it up their ass until they get it right.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1. Get a Med card.

2. Grow some cannabis.

4. Take care of you and your family without paying taxes on the biggest cash crop in California.

6. Tell the politicians in Sacramento to shove it up their ass until they get it right.

Oh, and totally negate any impact by refusing to vote.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
1. Get a Med card.

2. Grow some cannabis.

How can you get behind that?? It was voted in using the "Evil System"!! lol
It seems that your method of getting things done, is to do nothing-- Lotsa luck with that--:wave:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
1. Get a Med card.

2. Grow some cannabis.

1-4 is a stalemate at best...

pass this PROPOSITION write a better one andfund it.. you dont "demand" a ballot initiative you make it happen....

what politicians in sac.
this is a ballot initiative sacremento has nothing to do with it.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
1-4 is a stalemate at best...

pass this PROPOSITION write a better one andfund it.. you dont "demand" a ballot initiative you make it happen....

what politicians in sac.
this is a ballot initiative sacremento has nothing to do with it.

I see this repeated over and over again... SIGH

If they pass the prop and its profitable, there is no motive for them to change it. Doesn't anybody get the intended purpose of why its up for debate? Gawd, I feel like... just everyone doesn't see anything... :(

$$$$$$$$ = the reason its here. The reason some don't want it legalized and the reason others want it legalized. You're idealistic stoners that just want 'freedom'. That's not how the world works, hippies weren't successful.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
If they pass the prop and its profitable, there is no motive for them to change it. Doesn't anybody get the intended purpose of why its up for debate? Gawd, I feel like... just everyone doesn't see anything... :(

That is how I am feeling now...like you are not seeing it--
Who is "Them"?? As already said, this is a Voter Initiative...Sacramento has nothing to do with it--
If the Legislators write up something in a Senate Bill later...it cannot Limit what is already here...and a new Voter's Initiative (Prop) can be put to the Ballot at any time, to over-ride anything we want-- Just have to have the balls and $$ to back it-- It WILL happen...IF 19 passes that is-- Then ppl will be more willing to sink the $$ needed to do this, if they see that the the Public is ready to move forward on it--
If it was less restrictive...I guarantee that it would not be leading in Polls right now...and that it would fail at the Ballot Box--

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
That is how I am feeling now...like you are not seeing it--
Who is "Them"?? As already said, this is a Voter Initiative...Sacramento has nothing to do with it--
If the Legislators write up something in a Senate Bill later...it cannot Limit what is already here...and a new Voter's Initiative (Prop) can be put to the Ballot at any time, to over-ride anything we want-- Just have to have the balls and $$ to back it-- It WILL happen...IF 19 passes that is-- Then ppl will be more willing to sink the $$ needed to do this, if they see that the the Public is ready to move forward on it--
If it was less restrictive...I guarantee that it would not be leading in Polls right now...and that it would fail at the Ballot Box--

it may be leading the polls by a few %'s.

but on the news last night they were interviewing many patients and recreational smokers at the hemp expo at the cow palace in San Francisco.

the interviewer was shocked that everyone DID NOT support the initiative.....

imo, the poll numbers dont mean anything till the vote, the people being interviewed showed what was really up......

Herborizer

Veteran
If the Legislators write up something in a Senate Bill later...it cannot Limit what is already here...

It's already being done, ABX6-9. I believe if ABX6-9 passes, it solves 90% of all the concerns from the "no" side of Prop 19.

One of the biggest issues with the people I have talked to, who are currently feeling like they will vote "no", is that they have not read the Prop (prop 19). There is so many lies and misinformation on Prop 19, it has caused a lot of issues.

ABX6-9 is exactly what the "yes" for Prop 19 crowd has been talking about. Clears up so many things. Should make a lot of people happy.

Read it.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it may be leading the polls by a few %'s.

but on the news last night they were interviewing many patients and recreational smokers at the hemp expo at the cow palace in San Francisco.

the interviewer was shocked that everyone DID NOT support the initiative.....

imo, the poll numbers dont mean anything till the vote, the people being interviewed showed what was really up......

C'mon Krunch, do you really think that interviewing people leaving a pot expo gives a better sample of the general voting population than the poll's that are being conducted? I think the sample might have been skewed a bit!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
C'mon Krunch, do you really think that interviewing people leaving a pot expo gives a better sample of the general voting population than the poll's that are being conducted? I think the sample might have been skewed a bit!

um, ya! the majority of consumers((smokers) are saying they are going to vote "NO" at a pot expo, thats pretty big......

who do you think would vote yes for the initiative? marijuana consumers or straight's? but the consumers are not, at least according to the interviews.....

polls are skewed to begin with, any one who votes knows this.....one station will have something ahead by 10% and another station ahead by 3% and another poll behind by 2%, so i dont really go by the polls....

on another note, the people on this forum do not represent the majority of voters, people here love the plant, grow the plant, smoke the plant...

90% of the voters dont.......

Herborizer

Veteran
AB6-9

I cherry picked some:

"(l) To prevent state and local agencies from supporting any
prosecution for federal or other crimes relating to marijuana that are inconsistent with those provided in this bill."

No more helping the feds bust people. Counties and cities can't get all renegade.

"(m) To exclude medical marijuana from the fees and regulations
imposed by this act."

Cleared that right up.

" 26020. (a) The department shall license commercial cultivators of marijuana. The fee for the license shall be set at an amount that will reasonably cover the costs of ensuring compliance with the regulations to be issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an initial application, or two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) per year for each annual renewal."

That's not expensive for commercial. Quite fair actually.

"(f) Adequate labeling of packages of marijuana to describe the
purity, potency, processing, and any adulteration of the product."

This is a great thing. Consumers will have a product label. If corporations create schwag, then local mom&pops with chronic will shine here.

" 11310. For purposes of this article, "marijuana" and "cannabis" are interchangeable terms that mean all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; concentrated cannabis; edible products containing the above; and every active compound, manufacture, derivative, or preparation of the plant or resin.
11310.1. (a) It is lawful and not a violation of California law
for a person 21 years of age or older to personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than 16 ounces of marijuana solely for the individual's consumption and not for resale. (b) Possession of more than 16 ounces of marijuana, except as authorized by paragraph (iii) of subdivision (a) of Section 11300 or another applicable law, is a violation of this article."

The limit gets increased to a pound for everyone! Makes sure to not limit Prop 215 cardholders.

"(b) Except as authorized by law, every person underthe age of 18 18 years of age who possesses not more than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than marijuana or concentrated cannabis, upon the grounds of, or within, any school providing instruction in
kindergarten or any of grades 1 through 12 during hours the school is open for classes or school-related programs is guilty of a
misdemeanor and shall be subject to the following dispositions:
(1) A fine of not more than two hundred fifty dollars ($250), upon a finding that a first offense has been committed. (2) A fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or commitment to juvenile hall, ranch, camp, forestry camp, or secure juvenile home for a period of not more than 10 days, or both, upon a finding that a second or subsequent offense has been committed."

Minimal punishment for underage use. This should make a lot of soccer moms happy.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
um, ya! the majority of consumers((smokers) are saying they are going to vote "NO" at a pot expo, thats pretty big......

who do you think would vote yes for the initiative? marijuana consumers or straight's? but the consumers are not, at least according to the interviews.....

polls are skewed to begin with, any one who votes knows this.....one station will have something ahead by 10% and another station ahead by 3% and another poll behind by 2%, so i dont really go by the polls....

on another note, the people on this forum do not represent the majority of voters, people here love the plant, grow the plant, smoke the plant...

90% of the voters dont.......

Yes, I agree that polls do a pretty poor job. I also agree that the dispensary people and the growers have done a pretty good job of getting their perspective out to the people in the pot culture. Change is scary, status quo is known and comfortable. However, I think this prop is going to have a very wide appeal to people who are far outside the cannabis culture. People who recognize the costs of the failed war on drugs; all of the people who smoked in college but can't now for fear of drug testing; non-smokers who look at the potential revenue stream for the state that won't cost them a dime; people with a somewhat liberal outlook that know the government has been lying for years; people that would like to dabble with a small garden; etc. Just looking at the legislative analysis makes it look like a pretty solid winner to me, but then again I liked the BetaMax.

vta

Veteran
It's already being done, ABX6-9. I believe if ABX6-9 passes, it solves 90% of all the concerns from the "no" side of Prop 19.

One of the biggest issues with the people I have talked to, who are currently feeling like they will vote "no", is that they have not read the Prop (prop 19). There is so many lies and misinformation on Prop 19, it has caused a lot of issues.

ABX6-9 is exactly what the "yes" for Prop 19 crowd has been talking about. Clears up so many things. Should make a lot of people happy.

Read it.

Fixed it for ya...

This bill sets a whole new stage!

vta

Veteran
AB6-9

I cherry picked some:

"(l) To prevent state and local agencies from supporting any
prosecution for federal or other crimes relating to marijuana that are inconsistent with those provided in this bill."

No more helping the feds bust people. Counties and cities can't get all renegade.

"(m) To exclude medical marijuana from the fees and regulations
imposed by this act."

Cleared that right up.

" 26020. (a) The department shall license commercial cultivators of marijuana. The fee for the license shall be set at an amount that will reasonably cover the costs of ensuring compliance with the regulations to be issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an initial application, or two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) per year for each annual renewal."

That's not expensive for commercial. Quite fair actually.

"(f) Adequate labeling of packages of marijuana to describe the
purity, potency, processing, and any adulteration of the product."

This is a great thing. Consumers will have a product label. If corporations create schwag, then local mom&pops with chronic will shine here.

" 11310. For purposes of this article, "marijuana" and "cannabis" are interchangeable terms that mean all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; concentrated cannabis; edible products containing the above; and every active compound, manufacture, derivative, or preparation of the plant or resin.
11310.1. (a) It is lawful and not a violation of California law
for a person 21 years of age or older to personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than 16 ounces of marijuana solely for the individual's consumption and not for resale. (b) Possession of more than 16 ounces of marijuana, except as authorized by paragraph (iii) of subdivision (a) of Section 11300 or another applicable law, is a violation of this article."

The limit gets increased to a pound for everyone! Makes sure to not limit Prop 215 cardholders.

"(b) Except as authorized by law, every person underthe age of 18 18 years of age who possesses not more than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than marijuana or concentrated cannabis, upon the grounds of, or within, any school providing instruction in
kindergarten or any of grades 1 through 12 during hours the school is open for classes or school-related programs is guilty of a
misdemeanor and shall be subject to the following dispositions:
(1) A fine of not more than two hundred fifty dollars ($250), upon a finding that a first offense has been committed. (2) A fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or commitment to juvenile hall, ranch, camp, forestry camp, or secure juvenile home for a period of not more than 10 days, or both, upon a finding that a second or subsequent offense has been committed."

Minimal punishment for underage use. This should make a lot of soccer moms happy.

I made a thread with the entire bill...it's long!

Looks like we got some reading to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.