What's new

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidbone

Voted yes today on Prop 19, and crossing my fingers.
I have to admit I felt like voting no at first thinking I was keeping big business out of what I worked so hard for. My head was thinking greed, when my heart jumped up a said....YOU WORKED WITH JACK HERER. IN 1992 ON HIS H.E.M.P. TOUR. I MARCHED WITH HIM ON SAN FRANCISCO CITY HALL AS A DELEGATE FROM THE HUMBOLDT GREEN PARTY. What the F was I thinking! Greed....F that. Go Heart!

G

Guest3498

And I'm the one flaming...
:tiphat:

My statement towards Krunch was...uncalled for, I shall admit it. However, my sentiments, at least as I see them, are no different than those who had / would vote against this proposition.

"Precisely. If person 'X' votes no, then they have absolutely no problem seeing others imprisoned, so why should I care if person 'X' is imprisoned under cannabis related matters."

You, as a non-growing pothead, are voting for prop 19... because it's in your best interest.

Krunch, as someone who supports himself growing, is voting against pro 19... because it's in his best interest

Do you really not understand this?

Like I said earlier, we have a democracy so people can vote for what is best for themselves... no need for the hate and other immature bullshit... some of you sound like children...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i respectfully disagree...

they wish to profit on the pain and suffering of others...

when they "pulled that lever" in favor of prohibition they ceased to be growers and became carpetbagging profiteers.

they deserve zero respect

As you know I am for this bill...

I the same as you about no voters at first as well, but then I talked to some of them personally and realized I was wrong. They are not banking at all, and they are good people as well. they just have a different opinion than me. I cant hate them or wish bad upon them. We all want imprisonment to stop, they just want a different bill. they are also fellow growers.

the more growers there is the harder we are to control. saftey in numbers

G

Ganja D

The wrong folks? From what I understand, there is a fair amount of people in this thread who voted no for various reasons, most of which as I seem to understand them stem from loss of profit.
It's not all about losing profit. It's about the profits going to the highest bidder and that is not acceptable to me.
Also there is too much restriction.
Here is my analogy. If you are a musician or artist who loves your art,you may want to peruse a career in doing what you love and have a passion for.(I feel bad for anyone who doesn't follow their passions)
Anyone can attempt to be a career artist or musician,ANYONE has that choice to try. The odds are against you to succeed but those with the most skill,best marketing,hardest work ethic,and those who are lucky or with good connections could achieve their goal of doing what they love for a living.
If prop 19 passes local government will decide who grows cannabis commercially for a career,and they will ONLY choose those with the most money to offer.
So the 16 year old kid who's developing a life long passion for growing cannabis will have no option to follow his dreams like I did.
ANYONE should have the right to ATTEMPT at growing for a career. If they have the BEST,rare special genetics,sales skills,ambition,and prove to be the best at what they do with organic absolute top quality herb they should succeed.
Most who try will not fit in that category but ALL should have the right to try if they want.
Prop 19 does not allow us to have freedom with our plant.
This bill will be the begging of corporate cannabis. And the end of the best just being the best.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
i respectfully disagree...

they wish to profit on the pain and suffering of others...

when they "pulled that lever" in favor of prohibition they ceased to be growers and became carpetbagging profiteers.

they deserve zero respect

There are all sorts of growers:

Those who grow for pure profit but also those who grow for the ones who can't grow themselves - and don't sell for profit.

ButteredIt

if i had just voted yes on legalizing marijuana... i wouldn't be sticking around to answer questions for those exit polls... i'd be on my way to get high! i wouldn't be too discouraged by that article. exit polls are shifty little things, especially when it comes to this kind of issue.

Bettysmith

You, as a non-growing pothead, are voting for prop 19... because it's in your best interest.

Krunch, as someone who supports himself growing, is voting against pro 19... because it's in his best interest

Like I said earlier, we have a democracy so people can vote for what is best for themselves... no need for the hate and other immature bullshit... some of you sound like children...

I'm voting for Prop 19 because it's in the best interest of cannabis consumers everywhere. To end prohibition.

Krunch is voting to keep his pockets fat, and doesn't give a fuck about others (Or so his vote would show)

If Prop 19 were to pass, it would be a MONUMENTAL stepping stone in the legalization movement of cannabis, not only for California, but for the rest of the world. To halt the movement that has been worked so hard for over the past ~50 years is entirely selfish.

dexter840

i like how you call this ending prohibition... but last i checked they don't regulate how much space wine maker can grow grapes on. this is nothing but big business sticking their hands in your pockets and having the government to back them. state or county run cartels? thanks but no thanks

mr noodles

if the no win , it would be disastrous for us in the north...canada live very dark hours under the harper repressive gov...they want to pass 6 plants = 6 months mandatory jail

please cali , i rarely pray but this time i do

please california ....save us all please !

Bettysmith

i like how you call this ending prohibition... but last i checked they don't regulate how much space wine maker can grow grapes on. this is nothing but big business sticking their hands in your pockets and having the government to back them. state or county run cartels? thanks but no thanks

I'd call not going to prison ending prohibition.

Considering you need vastly more space to grow sufficient grapes to produce wine than that of cannabis, I don't think space requirements are all that terrible. I don't think they're the best fit for the bill, but that's what we have amendments for.

G

Guest3498

If it doesn't pass, nothing would be "halted". That's a very short sighted and unintelligent thing to say. This isn't the first attempt to legalize marijuana, and if it doesn't pass it won't be the last.

Like I said in an earlier post that you chose to ignore, if prop 19 weren't so flawed it would pass by a landslide... Whatever side you stand on, I'm sure everyone can agree on that...

F

feral

Im not play Med Card im showing an example...
the 1st time the 215 got on ballot it didnt pass till next election.. Even then the Feds busted most Collectives afer it did pass fed budgets cuts stopped it....

Out of state know it alls
Who's in Cali cannot get a card!?? thats a good one!
Another parent playing the game thru the kids from the side line!

Its not about how long where when whos cock is bigger or who met hashbean .... its about Long Term Solutions!
Born and raised in SoCa offspring of the BOEL and puffin for 40+ yrs
i dont mind waiting a little longer for a properly written Solution..

Decent IQ and common sense you will never get busted!!

Ive been to over 15 states and 22 countries wana play that game the Entire USA has the head up the colo compared to most countries

If Cannabis alters you life that much to where you wish bad upon others and be little them when you dont see results you want or expect ,, Then move! stop! or seek help in some way!

Its less than $100 FINE FOR 28G's OR LESS ALREADY.....
Whats the problem??? spoiled spoiled call the Whaaambulance

I cant wait to see Excuses from both sides tomorrow either way it go's LOL LOL
:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :laughing:

In the Big Picture Of Life
This Is Small Shit......

Here some compassion for folks to dabble with since so many are so righteous!
www.kiva.org

Dude put the bowl down you are obviously loss in the mustard and trying to play ketchup.
Who cares if you are the offspring of the brotherhood. Did you smoke before or after Leary had the non-profit organization set up? And I guess you've hung with the Mystic Arts as well huh? Did you live in the farmhouse or one of the teepee's?
Leary had the BOEL created in '66, which means if your one of the offspring and been smoking 40 years you started when you were 4? maybe 5?

I think some of the shit you talk is just that, pure BS, but then again that probably goes along with the pics in your profile that sure as hell ain't yours.
Then again you might be telling the truth, you probably took a little to many of Timothys acid which explains why your acting like a flake.

DankSide

Yah because the Mexican cartels are such wonderful fellows.
There are a lot of legitimately bad people associating with cannabis who should not be selling it to benefit more sinister workings. A big part of this should be taking cannabis away from these REAL CRIMINALS and putting it back into the hands of sensible adults.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why all the Hate. weed is about love not hate. there is no more argument. prop 19 pass or not we will still have to stick together as growers to keep the movement going. That is the BIG PICTURE

bigdaddyc9

Plain and simple the ball is in your court California.God forbid you drop it on the rest of us.Prohibiton will end state by state.Lets get the ball rolling and do whats right for the people of the USA and that is legalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts