What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Volcano, great value vape

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I appreciate peeps taking the time to offer advice.

Back maybe 4 or 5 years ago I made some ISO wash as was vaping this and got a respiratory infection. I am pretty sure the ISO wasn't purged all the way, but it sucked.

I was concerned and wondering if anyone has had the same experience with dry herb vaping. Hope not.
Been using the volcano with a bag for @11 years. I make pretty big bags and go through 3 per session with 3-4 sessions per day and have never gotten an infection. When I was new to this I used to cough also as the volcano produces a very dry vapor. To combat this I always have water to drink/sip to replenish moisture and as someone else pointed out take smaller draws off the bag. At this point I no longer cough or even notice the dryness. I would also turn your temp down to 375° ish instead of 400° as that will also help a little.

Tincandtoke

I appreciate peeps taking the time to offer advice.

Back maybe 4 or 5 years ago I made some ISO wash as was vaping this and got a respiratory infection. I am pretty sure the ISO wasn't purged all the way, but it sucked.

I was concerned and wondering if anyone has had the same experience with dry herb vaping. Hope not.

Could you expand on iso wash
Not sure what that means
You need a vacuum oven to purge off solvents
Nobody gets it all out, including the dispos

Think folks forget that there is water in your material and you are inhaling it so you will expectorate

Lebanizer

Been using the volcano with a bag for @11 years. I make pretty big bags and go through 3 per session with 3-4 sessions per day and have never gotten an infection. When I was new to this I used to cough also as the volcano produces a very dry vapor. To combat this I always have water to drink/sip to replenish moisture and as someone else pointed out take smaller draws off the bag. At this point I no longer cough or even notice the dryness. I would also turn your temp down to 375° ish instead of 400° as that will also help a little.
I've been using the classic Volcano for 13 years now but I'm an intermittent user. Re: the dryness, I let it cool a bit like 5 minutes before sucking on what is essentially a giant condom :ROFLMAO: . The vapor can stay in the balloon for 1h so it's okay not to inhale directly. I don't understand why the Volcano is not more popular, it's totally essential and once you try it you can't go back. The best part is of course that you get to be high as a kite from very very little material.

Tincandtoke

I've been using the classic Volcano for 13 years now but I'm an intermittent user. Re: the dryness, I let it cool a bit like 5 minutes before sucking on what is essentially a giant condom. The vapor doesn't go away. I don't understand why the Volcano is not more popular.

Ball vapes!
Early issues with the filling chamber on the newer models forced people to put the pause button on purchases
Some of the plastic melted after being left on top of the device for long periods of time
Clearly states remove the chamber after filling the bag
But we're stoners and that's a big ask

Taima-da

Or you can use a Very large amount, if you so wish... 😂

Some stoned person (not me!) once put the mouth piece where the hot air comes out on my first classic unit, thinking "that's cool, looks like a rocket", and walked away leaving it there... When I came back the mouthpiece had melted into the the mesh that surrounds the hot air exit. Had to buy a new one cos I couldn't live without a Volc.

Don't use it now i chew cob, but loved that thing!

Lebanizer

Or you can use a Very large amount, if you so wish... 😂

Some stoned person (not me!) once put the mouth piece where the hot air comes out on my first classic unit, thinking "that's cool, looks like a rocket", and walked away leaving it there... When I came back the mouthpiece had melted into the the mesh that surrounds the hot air exit. Had to buy a new one cos I couldn't live without a Volc.

Don't use it
now i chew cob, but loved that thing!
I beg thy pardon ? Does that work, just like that ?

Last edited:

Taima-da

@Lebanizer
Yes it does for me. Also for several people in the cob thread and a few others I've gotten on to it.
It's a very different effect, but more than satisfactory for me, in fact it's my preferred high by far! Much more up and unimpeded.
Also unmatched in efficiency. My usual dose is 0.2-0.3 of a gram per day, point four or five if I wanna get inoperable, but I've given up inhaling and so get a much better bang with chewing than a smoker would.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I still mainly vape with a volcano and tinymight for portable. Chewing cobs is fantastic though. You get a great long lasting high.

Taima-da

Tinymight is a very impressive portable bit of kit. We have a mighty for the missus, but if we didn't I'd spring for the tiny. Also has a bubbler attachment as an option

Tincandtoke

@Lebanizer
Yes it does for me. Also for several people in the cob thread and a few others I've gotten on to it.
It's a very different effect, but more than satisfactory for me, in fact it's my preferred high by far! Much more up and unimpeded.
Also unmatched in efficiency. My usual dose is 0.2-0.3 of a gram per day, point four or five if I wanna get inoperable, but I've given up inhaling and so get a much better bang with chewing than a smoker would.

Had to search Cobb
Very interesting thread
Is your reference the same as the curing process mentioned in the Cobb thread
Vacuum sealing for a couple of weeks and cool dark finish
Corn husks and moisture

Could you elaborate on the chewing if it is not in the Cobb thread

Taima-da

That's the one
Had to search Cobb
Very interesting thread
Is your reference the same as the curing process mentioned in the Cobb thread
Vacuum sealing for a couple of weeks and cool dark finish
Corn husks and moisture

Could you elaborate on the chewing if it is not in the Cobb thread
That's the one. Covers all details of the process, many different approaches (I don't use corn husks and sometimes make really loose ones) but easy and satisfying. Smoked cob has a smoothness compared to most ganja, and given time the effect becomes subtly transformed toward the clean electric. Improves as it ages, and becomes resistant to degradation.
The process made me rethink everything I thought I knew about curing.
Even when I smoked I would choose cob over any other option.

hamstring

Veteran
Could you expand on iso wash
Not sure what that means
You need a vacuum oven to purge off solvents
Nobody gets it all out, including the dispos

Think folks forget that there is water in your material and you are inhaling it so you will expectorate
I cant be 100% sure it was because of the Iso. I was using a vacuum and a heat mat. It was a starter rig that I purchased. I gave a friend some and he said it still smells of Iso. I smelled it and he was correct. I stopped vaping after that.

My reptilian brain could not differentiate between that and dry herb vaping.

hamstring

Veteran
I've been using the classic Volcano for 13 years now but I'm an intermittent user. Re: the dryness, I let it cool a bit like 5 minutes before sucking on what is essentially a giant condom :ROFLMAO: . The vapor can stay in the balloon for 1h so it's okay not to inhale directly. I don't understand why the Volcano is not more popular, it's totally essential and once you try it you can't go back. The best part is of course that you get to be high as a kite from very very little material.
Thanks for the advice I have been using yours and OG Noman's advice. I not ready to say for sure yet with a longer trial period but I think taking a small hit and then inhaling some air afterwards before exhaling helps.

Again, I appreciate the help of the community. Not really something you can google.

hamstring

Veteran
No worries, i don't do that.
I do on purpose sometimes. It preheats the weed and you get a much more potent hit. I agree the chamber gets too hot so I don't do it often. They should change it to a all metal chamber.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Tinymight is a very impressive portable bit of kit. We have a mighty for the missus, but if we didn't I'd spring for the tiny. Also has a bubbler attachment as an option
I have been looking at the TinyMight also vs the Mighty . I really like the effect vaping gives you.

The Tinymight is a pure induction rig. How do you like it and have you also tried the Mighty by Storz & bickel?

hamstring

Veteran
Ok, new input on my Volcano.

I am a avid bike rider but live in the Midwest so don't usually ride when snows on the ground or below 30F. We had some really good weather lately so when my friends call me to go play pool I have been hopping on my bike. Its only about a 3.5 mile ride, so easy peasy.

In the warmer months I used to smoke a J before I headed out. Now I hit a couple of balloons. It's so interesting, while riding I don't feel much at all. Once I arrive at my destination and lock up my bike the fun starts.

I am very shaky and a little unstable on my feet. Feels like I just smoked a very strong sativa. (Just repeating what i have heard about potent sativas , I have never really smoked one that sends you to the moon. )

It takes 30 minutes for it to subside into a normal buzz. My friends even notice it. Man vaping is so much different than smoking. Still learning but my thoughts were adrenalin and weed mixed. All I know is I never experienced that feeling while smoking.

Taima-da

Mighty is great, we own one and love it.
You do need to keep the cooling head clean. We use the little capsules to help keep the herb chamber clean but they are a little fiddly.
The new Venty (sp?)portable vape by S&B is also a very capable portable unit .

A friend recently visited with the tiny might and I was impressed with vapor quality and build.
Furthermore you can swap out a flat battery if need be.

I believe both companies have really good after sale service should you have any issues.

Hard to pick a winner honestly, but my friend tends to use the Venti these days, and he owns all three (!)

Tincandtoke

Ok, new input on my Volcano.

I am a avid bike rider but live in the Midwest so don't usually ride when snows on the ground or below 30F. We had some really good weather lately so when my friends call me to go play pool I have been hopping on my bike. Its only about a 3.5 mile ride, so easy peasy.

In the warmer months I used to smoke a J before I headed out. Now I hit a couple of balloons. It's so interesting, while riding I don't feel much at all. Once I arrive at my destination and lock up my bike the fun starts.

I am very shaky and a little unstable on my feet. Feels like I just smoked a very strong sativa. (Just repeating what i have heard about potent sativas , I have never really smoked one that sends you to the moon. )

It takes 30 minutes for it to subside into a normal buzz. My friends even notice it. Man vaping is so much different than smoking. Still learning but my thoughts were adrenalin and weed mixed. All I know is I never experienced that feeling while smoking.

Got my first volcano around 2007
First try I did three bags and promptly greened out
You can overdo it with a vaporizer
In the case of the volcano the bag size and how much material you use play a big role
If you chugged your vapor and then start exercising the cumulative effect is gonna stomp the shit out of you in the form of a green out or anxiety attack when you pause
Lots of terps and adrenaline having a field day with your perception
Micro dose is the way to go imo