What's new

Volcano, great value vape

Tincandtoke

Dude, I just did last light.

I was going to ask if anyone leaves the filling chamber on the Volcano while its heating up vs putting it on the volcano after it heats up? I did that last night on my last bag and the vapor was thick and more powerful. Assuming preheating the filling chamber gives a bigger release of the volatiles .

I thought it would be my go to bed bag but I was flying high vs sleepy. I had to find some things to do in the grow room and around the house for 30 minutes before I could even sit down.

I let my Volcano heat up then place the chamber and hit the forced air (sorry, stoner wording)
Run it for around 15 seconds remove the chamber and immediately inhale
Then proceed as normal with small increases in temp for the second and third bags
Watch that last bag, its a doozy (bad cliche day)
Rarely make it to a third bag
Please note my first bag is not filled very much, just like to get those flavors

hamstring

Veteran
Scientists have proved that inhaling vaporized marijuana will get you, like, way higher than smoking the exact same amount of weed.

The new research, led by scientists at the Johns Hopkins Behavioral Pharmacology Research Unit in Baltimore, tested the effects of smoked versus vaped marijuana on 17 participants who had smoked marijuana before, though not in the 30 days before the study's start (participants had smoked once in the last year, on average). Over the course of six 8.5-hour sessions, these participants got very, very high for science.

The study was funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, though one of the study's authors reported that he has previously received fees from, or consulted for, companies with ties to cannabis.
During each session, participants either smoked or vaped a dose of marijuana containing 0 milligrams, 10mg or 25mg of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) — the primary psychoactive component in cannabis. While each participant ended up both smoking and vaping all three possible doses over their six sessions, they were blind to how much THC they were consuming each time. The participants were kept in the dark in order to prevent bias while filling out a subsequent drug-impairment questionnaire — which, as every pot enthusiast knows, is the most fun thing you can do while super-high.

In addition to self-reporting how stoned they felt via questionnaire, participants were also subjected to a battery of physical and cognitive tests throughout the duration of each high. The stoners had their heart rates and blood pressures measured 10 times over 8 hours, and were asked to complete computerized tasks that involved replicating shapes on a screen, solving simple addition equations and responding to two different stimuli simultaneously with a mouse and a computer keyboard. Again: The apex of weed-enabled fun.

The results of these tests showed that, first of all, inhaling a 25mg dose of THC will get you really, really high, regardless of whether it was smoked or vaped. (After taking this dosage, two participants vomited, and another experienced hallucinations.) Likewise, for both smokers and vapers the majority of drug effects — including high heart rate, dry mouth, red eyes, paranoia and the munchies — peaked within the first hour after getting high, and sometimes did not return to baseline levels for more than 8 hours. (Often, these effects persisted for hours after the participants' blood THC concentration returned to normal.)

Overall, the effects of vaping proved much more potent at every dosage.

"Vaporized cannabis produced significantly greater subjective drug effects, cognitive and psychomotor impairment, and higher blood THC concentrations than the same doses of smoked cannabis," the researchers wrote in their study, published today (Nov. 30) in the journal
At both the high and low doses, vaped weed resulted in significantly higher concentrations of THC in participants' blood than smoked weed. And the vapers made roughly twice as many mistakes on the cognitive tests and felt greater negative drug effects, including dry mouth, itchy eyes and paranoia, than the smokers did.

Simply put: Vaporized weed got people higher. And, according to the researchers, their doses weren't even that strong compared to what's commercially available.

"Notably, the highest dose of cannabis administered in this study (25mg of THC: 0.19 g; 13.4 percent THC) is substantially smaller and has a lower THC concentration than what is typically contained in pre-rolled cannabis cigarettes available for purchase in cannabis dispensaries, which commonly contain roughly 1.0 g of cannabis with THC concentrations often exceeding 18 percent," the study authors wrote.

With recreational weed now legal in nine American states and all throughout Canada, it's important to remember that even moderate amounts of THC can have significant impairing effects on casual consumers, and that not all methods of consuming cannabis are created equal.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
It strikes me as funny that I have been on a constant search for more potent weed for 30 plus years. I must have spent thousand and thousands of dollars on seeds and clones and the answer was here all along.

I really dont think most people realize how much more potent vaping is than smoking. Night and day .

I dont think the seed industry wants you yo know this, kidding, well sort of. ;)

sajesak

I recently purchased a volcano. I bought the classic with the Black finish because it was on sale for $390.00 including tax and shipping. That is a large purchase for me and is why I never purchased one in the past.

I am 58 yrs old and have consumed cannabis via smoking joints, bongs, hash, tincture,and even a little of concentrates like ISOwash. I have never vaped dry herb before and I guess it was my age/health that lead me down this path. Vaping dry herb is way healthier than smoking and there are really no true debates on this that I could find.

To be honest my main concern was a drop in potency from smoking to vaping. I had read different things and wasn’t sure. It would suck to spend $400.00 and you don’t get as high with vaping as you do smoking.

I was very surprised, astonished actually by what I found out. Vaping , in my opinion, is like a 1.5 multiplier to smoking cannabis. Its freaking unbelievable how much higher you get. Your current strain/strains will now get you way more stoned than they used to. Not to mention the flavor enhancement you get from vaping, Fuck me its awesome!!

I could go on and on about vaping vs smoking. I use 1/3 the the amount of material to get high as I did when i rolled joints. I truly don’t understand , other than the cost, why every stoner who cares about potency and flavor doesn’t vape dry herb. I am here to tell anyone who will listen and ever considered getting a Volcano to do it now!! My recommendation has nothing to do with the health and everything to do with quality of high.
I am just getting started down the road with this and I am sure there are some trade offs but I haven’t run into them yet. Love to get other volcano users that switched from smoking opinions.

Thanks . It's crucial to exercise caution when buying medications online. Ensure the legitimacy of the source, consult with healthcare professionals, and only purchase from reputable online pharmacies to prioritize your safety and well-being opzelura cream buy online. Always follow medical advice and prescriptions for any skincare or health-related product.
I bought mine a few months ago after an extensive usage session at a VW festival. For the record I've got the latest "revision" Volcano (classic) with the Lazy Valve (easy valve). I notice a lot of people complain about it's price, but I know people who smoke as much as the cost of the Volcano in two weeks. I'm just saying, anyone who spends money on quality product two, three or more times a month can afford it if they really want. Another point is, I don't see any other Vaporizer OEM websites that are as extensively detailed as S&B's website. There's pictures of scientists and engineers with a room full of Volcanos. The R&D they've put into it is no joke. To paraphrase Erowid -- Know your mind, know your source, know body. The research I've seen on the Volcano alone makes me absolutely trust it as a device. I trust papers because well they're papers. Same with glass. Metal is no-go, however. Hate metal. I just wouldn't feel comfortable vaping out of any other Vaporizer because I don't feel like I know the people behind it. Some people don't like bags, yeah I can understand that. Can't argue with you if you prefer a whip. Some people say "my friends don't like waiting on bags to fill" -- to that I say your friends are assholes and if you're generous enough to share your Vaporizer with them tell them to GTFO ---> In stark contrast, my friends find it neat and interesting as the bag fills. PS - It takes 30 seconds on a stock bag, big deal. "Volcano is too big/loud or it's not portable." Hey, I don't live with my parents. If hiding your vaping device is a concern for your parents/grandparents/spouse/significant other figure out a way around it. My TV at regular volume drowns out the Volcano. I just wanted to end this with, this is not a paid advertisement for anyone. I'm not a shill, bot, plant or anything of the sort. I've just noticed NO ONE gives the 'Cano love on most vaporizer forums. What's the deal?

Sweatloaf

I bought mine a few months ago after an extensive usage session at a VW festival. For the record I've got the latest "revision" Volcano (classic) with the Lazy Valve (easy valve). I notice a lot of people complain about it's price, but I know people who smoke as much as the cost of the Volcano in two weeks. I'm just saying, anyone who spends money on quality product two, three or more times a month can afford it if they really want. Another point is, I don't see any other Vaporizer OEM websites that are as extensively detailed as S&B's website. There's pictures of scientists and engineers with a room full of Volcanos. The R&D they've put into it is no joke. To paraphrase Erowid -- Know your mind, know your source, know body. The research I've seen on the Volcano alone makes me absolutely trust it as a device. I trust papers because well they're papers. Same with glass. Metal is no-go, however. Hate metal. I just wouldn't feel comfortable vaping out of any other Vaporizer because I don't feel like I know the people behind it. Some people don't like bags, yeah I can understand that. Can't argue with you if you prefer a whip. Some people say "my friends don't like waiting on bags to fill" -- to that I say your friends are assholes and if you're generous enough to share your Vaporizer with them tell them to GTFO ---> In stark contrast, my friends find it neat and interesting as the bag fills. PS - It takes 30 seconds on a stock bag, big deal. "Volcano is too big/loud or it's not portable." Hey, I don't live with my parents. If hiding your vaping device is a concern for your parents/grandparents/spouse/significant other figure out a way around it. My TV at regular volume drowns out the Volcano. I just wanted to end this with, this is not a paid advertisement for anyone. I'm not a shill, bot, plant or anything of the sort. I've just noticed NO ONE gives the 'Cano love on most vaporizer forums. What's the deal?
^ Excellently written. You should be a "shill, bot, plant or anything of the sort"!

hamstring

Veteran
My classic goes back to 2005 I think
It had 05 inside the housing
Have a hybrid but not a fan of the filling chamber
I use the whip with an adapter for my water pipe

View attachment 18933126

If I smoke a joint it tastes like an ash tray, regardless of the cultivar
Yeah, I lick ashtrays for fun
Dude, went to shoot some pool with some friends and rolled a couple of joints and thought about your post after smoking one of the joints. Did I just lick an ash tray?

Tincandtoke

Dude, went to shoot some pool with some friends and rolled a couple of joints and thought about your post after smoking one of the joints. Did I just lick an ash tray?

My first time smoking a joint after vaping exclusively for over 2 years left me with the worst taste in my mouth
This was top shelf icky sticky smell up a whole apartment building sweet ass kiwi hybrid
In the vape it tasted like fruit salad, in a joint it tasted burnt and bitter
IMG_20240115_205854.jpg
Finishing the last of it up

Its unfortunate but smoking is a task that I have to muscle through now
With my portable flower vapes and edibles I rarely smoke
But I miss the days of getting home from work and taking a shower and having that fat joint sitting in the ashtray waiting....

hamstring

Veteran
Hello community

Hey guys, I recently bought my first vape, a Volcano, absolutely love it. One of the biggest reasons I switched to dry herb vaping was health, its considered safer than burning. I have been a joint smoker for over 25 years and at 58yrs old I was worried about eventually paying the piped piper,health wise.

I have been vaping the around a month. Not everyday, but at least 4 days a week . When I fill a ballon and take pulls off the bag many times I am coughing hard at the end of the exhale. I never coughed smoking joints. I really feel like I am burning /overheating my lungs or something. I am starting to feel that heartburn type felling in my chest after vape session. I'm not taking huge hits either. I watched in amazement as a friend almost emptied a bag on his first try vaping ever. I don't have that kind of lung capacity. I am worried about chest infections .

I have thought about this a bit. Burning a Joint is in the 1000F, at the end of the joint anyways. Vaping that same weed is around 400f. So the smoke would seem to be not near as high temp but it is more abundant and thick. More like hitting bong . Over 15yrs since i hit bong, but I still remember it and the crispy lung syndrome. Could it be that putting 400f smoke in your lungs is not great either?

FYI: Vaping on the classic at 7.5 heat setting. I have seen guys run the vape through water, like a bong. I am just not sure if its a temp or quantity issue

Does anyone else have this issue and/or solutions?

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

Taima-da

There was a little bubbler available for the volc in the old days, probably still possible to get. The moisture in the air stream helps with flavour and perhaps the cough, though it's a little extra fiddling. When I used a volc I found tiny little drags helped with the cough a lot.

Eagle Bill's was still one of the best vapes I have ever used for flavour and kindness on the airway... it ran through a large bong style bubbler...

Tincandtoke

Hello community

Hey guys, I recently bought my first vape, a Volcano, absolutely love it. One of the biggest reasons I switched to dry herb vaping was health, its considered safer than burning. I have been a joint smoker for over 25 years and at 58yrs old I was worried about eventually paying the piped piper,health wise.

I have been vaping the around a month. Not everyday, but at least 4 days a week . When I fill a ballon and take pulls off the bag many times I am coughing hard at the end of the exhale. I never coughed smoking joints. I really feel like I am burning /overheating my lungs or something. I am starting to feel that heartburn type felling in my chest after vape session. I'm not taking huge hits either. I watched in amazement as a friend almost emptied a bag on his first try vaping ever. I don't have that kind of lung capacity. I am worried about chest infections .

I have thought about this a bit. Burning a Joint is in the 1000F, at the end of the joint anyways. Vaping that same weed is around 400f. So the smoke would seem to be not near as high temp but it is more abundant and thick. More like hitting bong . Over 15yrs since i hit bong, but I still remember it and the crispy lung syndrome. Could it be that putting 400f smoke in your lungs is not great either?

FYI: Vaping on the classic at 7.5 heat setting. I have seen guys run the vape through water, like a bong. I am just not sure if its a temp or quantity issue

Does anyone else have this issue and/or solutions?

Thanks in advanced.

IMG_20230330_002126.jpg IMG_20230330_002143.jpg

You can attach your whip to a bubbler

hamstring

Veteran
I appreciate peeps taking the time to offer advice.

Back maybe 4 or 5 years ago I made some ISO wash as was vaping this and got a respiratory infection. I am pretty sure the ISO wasn't purged all the way, but it sucked.

I was concerned and wondering if anyone has had the same experience with dry herb vaping. Hope not.