What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

ULMW

This is the biggest of my Violetas, I've topped her a few times and I'm using the rebar cage to train her to get as even a canopy as possible, it's the first time i've tried this and she's reacted really well, I'm really happy! Peace, TEC.

View Image

Greetings The English Cut! I think I see another award winner there!!! Lovely set up! Praying you get a full bounty at harvest ! Happy growing!

lolos

10 days in flowering

10 days in flowering

Here is 1 of my outdoor violetas.

picture.php

All the others have some white pistils. This one is a little different. Hope i got a purple pheno.

More photos comming soon.

Here's my first Violeta at 6 weeks, she's small because I didn't have room for a big plant at the time but I wanted a sample. Started her flush today. I think the buds are some of the prettiest I have grown.

lolos

Update

Grasshoppers really love eating my girls (maybe they are getting high?!?!?). I had a continuous battle with them for many weeks. I tried everything but i still found too many little green ones.

So I used a really risky and dangerous move. I lured wasps in my area and they are doing the job for me by killing almost every insect that's eating my girl...

ULMW

Here's my first Violeta at 6 weeks, she's small because I didn't have room for a big plant at the time but I wanted a sample. Started her flush today. I think the buds are some of the prettiest I have grown.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72936&pictureid=1772840&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72936&pictureid=1772841&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Greetings Beaversislander, Violeta coming along nicely! You will enjoy her I am sure! I had to resow a next to keep one going in my garden just because she is so very very nice. Happy growing!

Did you grow her from seed in the stein? :tiphat:
Yes I did. This was my second attempt, the first turned out to be a male. It has actually turned out to be a decent size... all things considered.

I have a bunch of steins from back in the day... thought about doing more and giving them as Christmas gifts one of these years. :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I notice that most of you let Violeta grow out natural without topping. Is this just grower preference or is there you don't top them? I ask because I have several "regulars" going at the moment.
Thanks

Hi BeaverIslander,

If you are growing Violeta indoors from seed in small spaces maybe is better to let her grow without topping.

But as The English Cut correctly pointed out, if you are growing Violeta outdoors with a longer growing stage then she will react properly to topping, he also made a good point regarding topping her in order to get more quantity but less bigger buds that will have better aireation and therefore better resistance against molds in flowering.
Nevertheless, Violeta is a quite mold resitant strain despite being an indica dominant hybrid.

Malawi x PCK (Violeta's big sister) is more vigorous, has bigger size, more sativa influence, better branching and therefore overall reacts better than Violeta to topping. Hope it helps with your doubts.

Btw, your Violeta is a beauty :) Wish you enjoy her!
And it has been grown in probably the most beautiful pot i ever seen!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This is the biggest of my Violetas, I've topped her a few times and I'm using the rebar cage to train her to get as even a canopy as possible, it's the first time i've tried this and she's reacted really well, I'm really happy! Peace, TEC.

View Image

Thanks for your help friend :)

A pleasure to see your cup winner Violeta mother growing so well this season :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here is 1 of my outdoor violetas.

View Image

All the others have some white pistils. This one is a little different. Hope i got a purple pheno.

More photos comming soon.

38N.

Also here she is some weeks ago i will post recent photos soon.

View Image

Welcome lolos :)

How many Violeta females are you growing this season?
The pink pistil is always a beautiful traits that we all the growers enjoy when we find it in one of our plants.

The outdoor Violeta you have posted has lots of sativa influence, she's clearly showing the Purple Malawi side of the hybrid instead of the more typical PCK hashplant structures you can expect in most of the Violetas.

Wish you have a great season!

lolos

I started of with more than 10 but some of them died due to overwatering :(:(:(:(.(My mistake)

So now I'm growing 7 females total. The 6 were from feminized seeds, 1 from regular.

The one with pink pistils is for sure the most vigorous. Because i plant it her last and she still outgrew the others.

All 7 have started flowering but i havent seen any purpling yet except the one with the purple pistils.

ULMW

AUG 21

AUG 21

Lovely to have Violeta back in my garden. Such a pretty plant and wow! what an amazing high and flavor sensation.... So quick as well! Lets see if I get a male or female.Happy growing!

Attachments

• VIOLETA REG.jpg
    VIOLETA REG.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 21