What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

blondie

Looking good. Not sure you saw the corinto thread on icmag. Corinto is supposed to be old school Lumbo. Check it out..

Attachments

• 85CE15C7-8A52-4358-A6D6-2A1E4949677F.jpeg
    85CE15C7-8A52-4358-A6D6-2A1E4949677F.jpeg
    863.1 KB · Views: 50

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_6142.JPG

Corinto 2013
IMG_6139.JPG

IMG_6106.JPG

IMG_6162.JPG

Yes I did read some of the Corinto thread awhile back. I haven't seen or heard of anything but crippi coming out of Corinto for a long time but it's on the other side of the country and stay pretty much to myself. But I first heard of "Corinto" in 2012 from my cannabis connection Jorge in Bogota. But Jorge didn't call the weed Corinto, he called it regular from Corinto. He would actually drive to Corinto and back from Bogota to buy super cheap seeded bud grown around Corinto. I don't know of a particular strain or variety known as Corinto, I've only got experience with rather low quality seeded bud grown there. Some of what Jorge got from Corinto was really good, most wasn't. I grew some of the seeds from the Corinto buds (in Bogota) and I liked it. In 2012 Jorge started selling the new "crippi" hybrid sinsemilla and stopped selling the seeded old school stuff. At the time I didn't care for the crippi and asked Jorge if he could get something else. He said he had "regular" that was half the price of the crippi. I got a sample of it and asked Jorge what it was. He just said it's regular weed (Colombian) grown and sold around Corinto (a town in the Cauca ). By 2014 I was able to grow and kinda lost touch with Jorge and the Corinto.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240327_073605313_MFNR~3.jpg

IMG_20240327_073647839_MFNR~3.jpg

I really like the Djamba but I don't smoke it too much. I find the effect isn't good for me getting things done. The Djamba to me is trip weed that needs time set out for it like a trip. I don't like it in the morning cause it sets the tone for the day. Best time for me is at sunset watching the sun go down.
Djamba is different than any type of plant I've ever grown or smoked, I like the hit.
IMG_20240328_120519435_MFNR~2.jpg

This is some sticky Muisca sift (looks like a Frito). Beautiful taste like exotic sweet incense and an elevated effect that's super clear. Nice

red rider

View attachment 18972593
This is the last Wiley (Hawaiian) I have. This one is being grown here at the house to avoid any slug damage. The other two phenotypes are dry and curing, the first phenotype is gone. Now 100% dry phenotype #3 turned into these beautiful rock hard nuggs covered in trics. The hits mellowed yet still powerful, I like this high much better than the crazy djamba. Both pure sativa but very different, the Wiley doesn't sneak up on you like the djamba. I'm happy with everything so far and looking forward to the future with some redsnake bx and Michoacán x Oaxaca along with some more Kamora F2.

red rider
Stick some copper in the ground where you are having slugs. They don't like it.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240329_103327350_MFNR~4.jpg

The Djamba from Sierra Leone is most certainly unique. It grew well here once I got her in the ground although I think it would do better at a lower elevation. The terp profile and effect are incredible, improving with cure. Due to its complexity and potency it's not for everyone as it takes time to get use to it.
Also I'm not the only one growing this rare plant, I gave some seeds to some local outdoor growers. This is the type of plant that should be grown here.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240403_153027611_MFNR~3.jpg

I couldn't resist making a little sift from the Djamba. I really like this one although I'd need more plants to justify making hash from this type of plant.
The taste is almost overwhelming of leather incense that sticks on the tounge and nose. The effect hits hard immediately with strong pressure in the head. My eyes go half mast right away and my perspective of reality alters (positively).
IMG_20240403_153058296_HDR~4.jpg

I enjoy this for a late afternoon early evening smoke accompanied with either fresh coffee or even a shot of local rum. Perfect for watching the sun go down and refecting gratitude for the bountiful harvest.
IMG_20240401_171013380_HDR~2.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well that's just rice and beans, but when you smoke the Wiley it looks like the pictures.
But yeah I'm more and more interested in making hashish then I am in cultivation. To flowers are a staple that we all need to live but hashish is the real gift. To me hashish is the true essence of the plant, more so than flowers with all the plant matter.
Rainy season is back thank goodness, so skies are dark and humid. Putting some new plants in the greenhouse for flowering. I got two beautiful ECSD x white rino that I'm excited about (these are my neighbors gentics). And some Kamora F2 along with a couple "Red Snake bx".
IMG-20240404-WA0008.jpg

Outdoor in the cloud forest of zipacon (X2B Roma cut).

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhh Samora, this variety is a Colombian bred celebration of both ACE and CBG genetics. It all started in Bogota 2016 with a cross made with an exceptional taskenti and a pure Oaxaca the selected clone named X2. In 2019 the X2 clone was pollenated with a Bangi Haze (ACE) and the X2B clone was selected. Now in the high altitude cloud forest of Zipacon the X2B clone was pollenated with 4 male Malawi (ACE). The X2B x Malawi=Kamora and Kamora was selectively inbred to F3 . Then in 2022 the Kamora was taken to Paipa where it pollenated an F3 Caribe (CBG) and the Samora was created.
IMG-20240404-WA0008.jpg

This is a current picture of the X2B being grown outdoors in Zipacon (I no longer have this cut).
IMG_20240323_084100925_MFNR~2.jpg

Samora F1
I have so many seeds I don't pollenate unless it's something thing I'm really interested in. Kamora is a super strong narrow leaf but it is not a tropical sativa, Kamora is acclimated to high altitude.
But to me the Kamora is not an all day smoke, it's too heavy. Caribe on the other hand offers a lighter less taxing experience. So I thought outcrossing the lighter Caribe with the powerful Kamora, I'd get a less intense Kamora. However Samora is much more than a lesser Kamora, it's much more complex than I expected. None of the F1 phenotypes are like the parents in smell or effect. I find Malawi to be dominate in the Kamora but in the Samora the effect is more Oaxacan. Samora is more trippy and less intense, more happy mood. But Samora is just a diversion from from my work with the Kamora. The Kamora is my medicine plant and still have a ways to go before it's exactly what I want.
Both Kamora and Samora are 100% Colombian bred Spanish genetics.

red rider