What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

Cannabrainer

Ahhh Samora, this variety is a Colombian bred celebration of both ACE and CBG genetics. It all started in Bogota 2016 with a cross made with an exceptional taskenti and a pure Oaxaca the selected clone named X2. In 2019 the X2 clone was pollenated with a Bangi Haze (ACE) and the X2B clone was selected. Now in the high altitude cloud forest of Zipacon the X2B clone was pollenated with 4 male Malawi (ACE). The X2B x Malawi=Kamora and Kamora was selectively inbred to F3 . Then in 2022 the Kamora was taken to Paipa where it pollenated an F3 Caribe (CBG) and the Samora was created.
View attachment 18983910
This is a current picture of the X2B being grown outdoors in Zipacon (I no longer have this cut).
View attachment 18983917
Samora F1
I have so many seeds I don't pollenate unless it's something thing I'm really interested in. Kamora is a super strong narrow leaf but it is not a tropical sativa, Kamora is acclimated to high altitude.
But to me the Kamora is not an all day smoke, it's too heavy. Caribe on the other hand offers a lighter less taxing experience. So I thought outcrossing the lighter Caribe with the powerful Kamora, I'd get a less intense Kamora. However Samora is much more than a lesser Kamora, it's much more complex than I expected. None of the F1 phenotypes are like the parents in smell or effect. I find Malawi to be dominate in the Kamora but in the Samora the effect is more Oaxacan. Samora is more trippy and less intense, more happy mood. But Samora is just a diversion from from my work with the Kamora. The Kamora is my medicine plant and still have a ways to go before it's exactly what I want.
Both Kamora and Samora are 100% Colombian bred Spanish genetics.

red rider
Fascinating Iberoamerican connection.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240406_142949994_MFNR~3.jpg

A tasty Saturday evening smoke and coffee (not pictured) with some Djamba and Samora flower topped off with pressed Muisca dry sift.
IMG_20240406_174516687_HDR.jpg

There's a lot of things I'd like to have in this life but I damn sure am happy with what I do have.

Calm and cool
red rider

SunnyListon

Hello red rider!

Saw you know the Caribe from Cannabiogen! Could you tell us something about it? Got some now, curious about it. The goal is a happy strain for everyday, not crazy, not racy like the Johnny Blaze for example.

A happy one for hanging out, social talk with people, a good time.
And makeing crosses with.

Got 2 germinate right now, just curious. There is not much to read about the Caribe. Did you find hermies? Flowering time 10 weeks? What do you like about it?

Please tell us all, hehe

Thank you!

Well that's just rice and beans, but when you smoke the Wiley it looks like the pictures.
But yeah I'm more and more interested in making hashish then I am in cultivation. To flowers are a staple that we all need to live but hashish is the real gift. To me hashish is the true essence of the plant, more so than flowers with all the plant matter.
Rainy season is back thank goodness, so skies are dark and humid. Putting some new plants in the greenhouse for flowering. I got two beautiful ECSD x white rino that I'm excited about (these are my neighbors gentics). And some Kamora F2 along with a couple "Red Snake bx".
View attachment 18983108
Outdoor in the cloud forest of zipacon (X2B Roma cut).

red rider
Interesting. I always found making hash much more fun than growing. But I have made hash out of most of what I have grown and it sits while I smoke flowers.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Caribe is great, I've grown a few of them over the years. But I believe I gave a pretty good description of Caribe a few pages back. I hate to repeat but Caribe is delightful to grow and smoke. I've been working with a phenotype that tastes just like chocolate and has a stronger than usual hit. However Caribe is not a super potent plant and it was never intended to be. This is a great day starter, that sets a positive outlook on the new day. For me around noon I'm looking for something stronger but can stay high all day smoking Caribe. Also not everyone likes getting blown away every session, the effect is good it's just not overwhelming. I often refer to Caribe as "chick weed" not because it's weak but because I know women that absolutely love it. Caribe has the look and the taste and a good but mild effect. It's like a Lamborghini with a Toyota six cylinder. Caribe is a lesson on quality over potency, a masterpiece of reality.

red rider

Lolo94

Caribe is great, I've grown a few of them over the years. But I believe I gave a pretty good description of Caribe a few pages back. I hate to repeat but Caribe is delightful to grow and smoke. I've been working with a phenotype that tastes just like chocolate and has a stronger than usual hit. However Caribe is not a super potent plant and it was never intended to be. This is a great day starter, that sets a positive outlook on the new day. For me around noon I'm looking for something stronger but can stay high all day smoking Caribe. Also not everyone likes getting blown away every session, the effect is good it's just not overwhelming. I often refer to Caribe as "chick weed" not because it's weak but because I know women that absolutely love it. Caribe has the look and the taste and a good but mild effect. It's like a Lamborghini with a Toyota six cylinder. Caribe is a lesson on quality over potency, a masterpiece of reality.

red rider
You've got the ultimate living lab there, and the ability to experiment at different elevations is pretty cool. I think that with the environment you have available, the potency of Caribe can naturally be increased over time (if desired), without outbreeding. I think that quality is key, and potency is something that can be improved based on environment and selection.

blondie

Sweet eye reddening candy... I’ve been hitting my bud that is called corinto, advertised as a landrace lumbo. Quite a nice fairly strong hitter. Good taste to boot. I like hitting it and reading this thread. Love that caribe description. I’ve got a bunch of red snake and destroyer seeds that are needing to be grown out.

SunnyListon

red rider

Thank you very much, dear red rider.
You made me smile here.
Thank you

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jamaican Blue mountain (CBG) JBM for short is a main ingredient of the Caribe. I actually grew one in Bogota years ago. I believe it's the JBM that gives Caribe it's happy up feel. My JBM plant wasn't super strong but the smell and quality (complexity) of the hit made up for it. I recall a couple female friends that absolutely loved the JBM , even though I also had some off the chain potent Panama.
I might grow some more of that JBM here in Paipa (finca), I'd like to see how it likes this climate.
Now I've got two redsnake plants I'm hoping do well in the greenhouse as well as three unsexed Kamora F2.
But Corinto oh man don't get me started on that one. It sounds like you got a good one and I'm happy you get to experience that old school Cauca bud. I really liked some of it about ten, eleven years ago. Back then and even now I guess people didn't want it cause it was seeded (pre crippi) it was really cheap even for here. But some of it was incredibly good with a bone deep high that stuck with you. Good stuff for sure.
IMG_20240408_081243349_MFNR~3.jpg

This is dried but still curing Colombian Muisca. I really like it, the taste is more balanced now the hit a little deeper felt. Hopefully I'll be converting 90% of this flower into beautiful hashish. Because I'll be consuming most of this plant myself id rather age hash than try to preserve delicate flower.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In 2005 I was getting some excellent examples of old school lumbo in Bogota.
PICT4998.JPG

This came from Manizales and reminded me of good ol redbud from the day.
PICT5000.JPG

This particular sample was nearly seedless and gummy with sticky resin. Deep rich wood earthy smell and very familiar taste. Hits hard super expando cough inducing smoke. Heavy stone that lasts forever but finished kinda sleepy but satisfied.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The other day I called my older brother on his birthday. I wished him happy birthday and congratulated him for making it 70 years. Since my dad (his step dad) died in 08 I wasn't in too much contact with my brother but for many years I was. He was a contractor for 50 years and partied like an animal. I honestly thought he would have died years ago from drinking,od or something. But now he's actually in good health, still smoking and drinking. After speaking with him I began remembering the time 44 years ago when he and I went to the movie theater to see the empire strikes back. I was actually living and working with my brother in Del Rey beach Florida (1980). I remember that day well. Before leaving for the movie theater I rolled two big joints (for the 80s). We smoked on the way because I wanted to enhance the movie. Sitting in the car before going into the theater my brother hands me a tiny white square of paper. Blotter, the real deal. I took it without hesitation. He smiled, showing me the two tabs on his tongue. Then we took off for the theater not even thinking about what was about to happen. After leaving the theater (tripping balls) we ran into a couple guys that we worked with. They were going to see the movie and asked how it was (the movie) and I remember saying it's good acid… It was my brother's birthday and one of the guys gave him some redbud. It would be the next day before I felt normal again but I remember that redbud helped. Kinda hard to get my head around the fact that was 44 years ago.

red rider

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Lemm
Sweet eye reddening candy... I’ve been hitting my bud that is called corinto, advertised as a landrace lumbo. Quite a nice fairly strong hitter. Good taste to boot. I like hitting it and reading this thread. Love that caribe description. I’ve got a bunch of red snake and destroyer seeds that are needing to be grown out.
Lemme know how those Destroyer seeds turn out, I'm curious to see how my selection work worked out 😁

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240413_085521576_HDR~2.jpg

This is Wiley #3 (Hawaiian)
This is the strongest plant I can remember growing in the last couple years. Those buds are rock hard and jam packed with beautiful tricombs. The smell and taste are some what mild yet delightful nonetheless. The hit is straight up in the face potent, no creeper here. Soon as some smoke hits the lungs,blast off. Very up, motivational with a positive overlay. It's intense but unlike the Djamba it doesn't cause heart racing panic but more task focused. Kinda clear but because of its raw power I prefer this one later in the day/evening. To me this Wiley is as potent as the Muisca hashish and I smoke it like hashish, two or three hits does the trick. Definitely the strongest of the Wiley phenotypes but not necessarily the best of them.

red rider