What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a variety that I want to continue to work with and refine in the next few years.

IMG_20240309_090243141_HDR~2.jpg

Samora F1
I always enjoyed the CBG Caribe, both growing it and the hit. Although very tropical tasting and bright uplifting high, most phenos lacked power. So pollenating my favorite Caribe with the Kamora seemed like a good idea.
IMG_20240309_085840009_MFNR~3.jpg

This particular phenotype of Samora is a nice blending of the Malawi dominate Kamora with Caribbean breeze Caribe.

Prs2xs

This is a variety that I want to continue to work with and refine in the next few years.

View attachment 18971040
Samora F1
I always enjoyed the CBG Caribe, both growing it and the hit. Although very tropical tasting and bright uplifting high, most phenos lacked power. So pollenating my favorite Caribe with the Kamora seemed like a good idea.
View attachment 18971043
This particular phenotype of Samora is a nice blending of the Malawi dominate Kamora with Caribbean breeze Caribe.
I have some Caribe in the freezer vault- I'm feeling like I might need to start digging around for it!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Caribe is kinda unknown/under rated. I don't know if it's even around anymore, I've been growing mine since 2017. But I like growing Caribe as much as smoking it, very stable although slight variation in phenotypes, all are at least good. I enjoy Caribe in the early morning with the first coffee of the day. And females (human)seem to be attracted to it, it's kind of "chick weed" in a sense but not fancy. I've never made hashish or concentrates with Caribe but I bet it would be incredible.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got a few Samora flowering now, finished one a couple weeks ago. But yeah I've smoked a couple Samora phenotypes. The current Samora I'm smoking is my favorite among all the current buds around.
IMG_20240308_081558063_MFNR~2.jpg

I like the taste and strong yet mellow hit. The Samora hit is not like Caribe, despite the creamy taste I don't consider Samora to be "chick" weed although they seem to like it. I've got a few more Samora finishing this month along with the Muisca and Djamba.
Good things going on up here.

red rider

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I've got a few Samora flowering now, finished one a couple weeks ago. But yeah I've smoked a couple Samora phenotypes. The current Samora I'm smoking is my favorite among all the current buds around. View attachment 18971783
I like the taste and strong yet mellow hit. The Samora hit is not like Caribe, despite the creamy taste I don't consider Samora to be "chick" weed although they seem to like it. I've got a few more Samora finishing this month along with the Muisca and Djamba.
Good things going on up here.

red rider
What kind of aroma does the buds on the photo have? How is your Sierra Leone variety doing?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Samora in the picture has like a chocolate orange cake type smell but it wasn't quite dry. Fully dry it's not as loud but retain s that rich chocolate orange smell. It's nice, same taste.
IMG_20240307_080941210_MFNR~3.jpg

The Djamba is still growing, weak branches.
Fox tailing and slowly getting fatter but still a ways to go yet, probably into April.
IMG_20240307_080933817_MFNR~3.jpg

It's deceptively potent even at this stage, smoking too creates a panic reaction that takes getting use to. It's a different sativa for sure, not my favorite. But interesting plant and effect, like I say deceptively potent. A couple little fox tails and ten minutes later it's off to the moon at Warp drive. I'm sure it will balance out once finished and cured.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG-20240312-WA0008.jpg

This is the last Wiley (Hawaiian) I have. This one is being grown here at the house to avoid any slug damage. The other two phenotypes are dry and curing, the first phenotype is gone. Now 100% dry phenotype #3 turned into these beautiful rock hard nuggs covered in trics. The hits mellowed yet still powerful, I like this high much better than the crazy djamba. Both pure sativa but very different, the Wiley doesn't sneak up on you like the djamba. I'm happy with everything so far and looking forward to the future with some redsnake bx and Michoacán x Oaxaca along with some more Kamora F2.

red rider

blondie

“....I enjoy Caribe in the early morning with the first coffee of the day.”...

Funny you should say that. I grew out Punta Rosa cbg recently and enjoyed that first thing in the morning with a cup of strong black tea and scooby doo reruns. Good stuff. Enjoy your thread. Keep it coming..

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the current status of the Djamba (West African panic weed). Actually once I got use to it's I like it.
IMG_20240316_112225127_MFNR~3.jpg

It has a very deceptive effect that if you're not familiar with can be unpleasant. Starts really nice with a standard sativa effect, nice uplifting euphoric yet light hit. Good taste and increasing euphoria as you smoke more. Right when it seems to peak, where most weed down shifts this stuff goes the other direction. Then it's pretty intense for awhile gradually coming back to baseline.
IMG_20240316_113937046_MFNR~3.jpg

It's still finishing with no end insight ,no hurry.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Colombian Muisca plant is packing on flowers and new growth. Some little small flowers are completely done so I'm slowly harvesting in stages.
IMG_20240316_112429920_MFNR~2.jpg

Overall it's going to keep growing so still have a ways to go. I like the taste and the hit from the mature flower but it's not as strong as the Wiley or the Djamba. It does have a long lasting pleasent effect that I like. It's a lot more euphoric, so much so that focused thoughts are difficult to maintain and enjoying the moment is more important than doing anything constructive.
IMG_20240316_112440284_MFNR~3.jpg

It's intense yet very calming and really puts the eyes at half mast with a silly grin. I think it will be better with a few more weeks but works well now. If I could compare Muisca with vintage Colombian, this would be a nice purple from around 78. Of course still very different with no seeds (well not many) and not crushed by shipping. Good lumbo.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240317_102849409_MFNR.jpg

Another phenotype of Samora, 2nd one I've grown in the greenhouse. Nice resin production with pungent aroma. Slugs have all but disapired but I found a catapiller on this one the other day. Been really dry here the last few weeks so I'm supplanting a little.
IMG_20240317_102918579_MFNR~3.jpg

The elegant Sierra Leone Djamba still making tiny little fox tails coated with trics. So far no problems, no male flowers,no insect or pathogens. Really a nice plant to grow but as we know an incredibly long flower time.
Got some new comers in the greenhouse, some my neighbors plants. One I'm really interested in, the crackhead diesel. It's going to be interesting to see how these varieties perform in the greenhouse.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240320_084556319_MFNR~2.jpg

Yeah the Djamba (Sierra Leone) is super nice. That's Muisca in the photo and it just keeps putting out new flower clusters.
IMG_20240320_084528760_HDR~2.jpg

Samora 1 is coming along nicely, really dense.
The good news is the slugs haven't been around and now the plants are taking off.
Today I transplanted the last Wiley into the greenhouse. It's flowering but it wanted to go in the the ground to finish. And the next cycle is going to be exciting with some new comers. Durban x Red Death, Red Death, Crackhead diesel from my neighbor. Then I've got some Red Snake bx Jamaican Blue mountain x Oaxaca and Michoacán x Oaxaca as well as Kamora F2. Full throttle.

red rider