What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

Koondense

Veteran
View attachment 18965834
Some tasty Hawaiian sativa curing.

red rider
f68c488d9e72b43b05b871f5a44e20f7.gif

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This plant reminds me of a Thai that I grew and Haze. However I know exactly where the seeds came from so I believe the sender. It's definitely a tropical sativa but doesn't seem tough enough to grow outside here.
IMG_20240301_083038586_MFNR~3.jpg

Really I've never grown a plant like it, very interesting for sure. It was started last August and I stopped veg lights in November, she's been in the greenhouse since 19 December.
IMG_20240301_083054159_MFNR~3.jpg

So far it's been stable with no known male flowers and resistant to everything even slugs. It's incredible smoke too, that's unique hit is exactly what I'm looking for in a day time effect.
So the genetics are from sierra Leone but it's grown at 8,600ft in Colombia, I think of it as Colombian.

red rider

Airloom

Veteran
she's been in the greenhouse since 19 December.
I am in a dilemma about extending the season.
I am at latitude 41.5 and have a sunroom with enough space/head room for 2-3 sativas that go beyond 24 weeks from seed. I’ve been terribly undisciplined for 4 years now but planning to change that this year.

So I’m curious if you did a lot of research on greenhouse growing or just dove in. I’d like to figure out if the greenhouse would be a good investment. I do know this is an unreasonable request but just looking for suggestions about how to decide. I know there are lots of resources available I haven’t even thought of and this post made me think about the greenhouse option again.

I’ve got a huge unheated 3 season barn I’m thinking of investing in but a greenhouse might be cheaper in the long term.

I had 3 Ace Thai A5 ladies in the sunroom from October to December to finish but it’s gonna need $$$ as well. They turned out ok (had to go away for a week and they didn’t like that)

So without improvements I wouldn’t use that space again.

That Colombian looks great in the greenhouse and that’s what I’m looking to do.

Too many options and none are cheap lol

Thanks for the nudge

👨‍🌾

Rastafarout

Premium user
Those look they will hit you upside of the head , very nice 👌🏻
Get some flexible pvc pipe 150mm
or similar cut it in half so it’s U shaped
Make a circle join it ,
like 800mm or so diameter for those size plants
Dig it in nearly level with ground half fill your moat with salt , dry salt it will slush itself
Guaranteed no slugs , but look in every nook and cranny on the plant first they can hide well ..bastards!

Lolo94

This plant reminds me of a Thai that I grew and Haze. However I know exactly where the seeds came from so I believe the sender. It's definitely a tropical sativa but doesn't seem tough enough to grow outside here.
View attachment 18967464
Really I've never grown a plant like it, very interesting for sure. It was started last August and I stopped veg lights in November, she's been in the greenhouse since 19 December.
View attachment 18967465
So far it's been stable with no known male flowers and resistant to everything even slugs. It's incredible smoke too, that's unique hit is exactly what I'm looking for in a day time effect.
So the genetics are from sierra Leone but it's grown at 8,600ft in Colombia, I think of it as Colombian.

red rider
Beautiful plants. I'm amazed that its that's green at that elevation. My only experience at higher elevation in the tropics was hiking the Mauna Loa trail to the summit in Hawaii. It was nice and green at the trailhead at 6700 feet but started getting sparse after 7000 or so elevation. I always wondered what it would be like to grow weed that high up. Unfortunately getting caught on federal land back then meant an instant trip to the federal pen. For anyone going to Volcanoes National Park, I highly recommend hiking to Red Hill then to the summit

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Altitude means a lot here in Colombia and not just growing. Here the cultures are different, even the dialects with the changes in altitude and region. I know growers from lower altitudes and smoked their stuff. It's good as to be expected from tropical outdoor, but to me it lacks something. Most people, even experienced smokers won't notice. For me there's something special about that clear blue high altitude sky and I can feel it in the plant.
IMG_20240122_095009287_MFNR~2.jpg

Of course that's just my opinion.

red rider

Airloom

Veteran
Altitude means a lot here in Colombia and not just growing. Here the cultures are different, even the dialects with the changes in altitude and region. I know growers from lower altitudes and smoked their stuff. It's good as to be expected from tropical outdoor, but to me it lacks something. Most people, even experienced smokers won't notice. For me there's something special about that clear blue high altitude sky and I can feel it in the plant.
View attachment 18967823
Of course that's just my opinion.

red rider
Altitude is another variable to be assessed and factored in no?

If one concedes there are differences in anything grown at different altitudes, it follows that one needs to learn how to maximize any benefits and minimize negatives. Not an easy thing to pull off.

Like fly fishing, success is about “time on the water”

Here it’s about time on the mountain!!

(that’s like, just my opinion man)

Enjoying the ride here

👨‍🌾

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240229_134527374_MFNR~4.jpg

The incredible "Wiley" Hawaiian phenotype #3. Very potent stuff that is perfect for activity or kicking back.
IMG_20240302_173308709_HDR~2.jpg

She's still going, fox tailing and stacking trichs. It's a tough plant too, producing incredible flower with almost no fan leaves (eaten by the slugs).

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240301_084401584_MFNR~3.jpg

This is a Muisca flower that's a little more done. Much stronger than the Muisca the grower grew in Paipa last year. It's a very nice hit that's potent yet clear. Not motivational like the Wiley but doesn't lock me down. The taste is a delightful chocolate toffee with all I can describe as "Colombian" flavor. Exhaling through the nose really brings out that classic lumbo sensation. Smoking alot can make the euphoria a little edgy but not uncomfortable. I'll keep growing this variety because I love Colombian and this one legacy.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the environment, I do very little to the plants, I rarely water them. Even though it's a little higher (elevation) than I like for cultivation, the plants love it. But the plants condition is the result of the exotic climate and not so much from me.
IMG_20240304_075433403_MFNR~3.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240306_103523197_MFNR~2.jpg

Wiley #3 (Hawaiian) total resin bomb, pungent oder of skunk fruit funk. Incredibly dense flowers coated in trichomes. The slugs really got to this plant but she packed on the flower despite having all her fan leaves eaten. The smoke hits hard and quick this is not creeper and only takes a hit or two to be satisfied for a couple hours. Nice clean finish considering how hard it hits.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spring of 2022 I moved from the greenhouse at zipacon to my wife's house in Paipa. I just couldn't deal with the legal restrictions and regulations. Not having a proper grow area at the wife's house I moved some plants into the room used to dry clothes. Although a super small area it was sunny and semi open. I had a nice male Kamora F2 that I flowered in another room and collected pollen. Then in the fall of 2022 I had an incredible CBG Caribe F3 that I had been working on in zipacon. It was a really nice Caribe and I was/am pretty familiar with this variety, so I pollenated her with the Kamora F2. I named the resulting cross "Samora" but I didn't get a chance to grow it until August of 2023 here at the finca. Kamora is and has been the focus of my personal goals and I continue to enjoy working with it. In Kamora I didn't want to keep outcrossing, I wanted to inbreed it, keeping it pure and just refining. But after taking the the first hit of the Samora, I popped more. I really like this cross as it has the qualities I look for and is adaptable to many grow environments.
Now I have the opportunity to see how she performs here on the mountain in the Colombian ground.
IMG_20240307_081031445_MFNR~3.jpg

This Samora phenotype is one I haven't seen but it's doing very well in this corner of the greenhouse. Nice color and size with above average slug resistance.
IMG_20240307_081039610_MFNR~2.jpg

The flowers are developing nicely and the smell is irresistible.

red rider

Latest posts

Latest posts