What's new

vietnamese black info wanted

BOCEPHUS

Now Harry that is the 1st pic that looked like a true Vietnam, South East Asian sativa.

Here is a pic of the Rev's Black Forrest ( Vietnam Black x Hawaiian Cherry bomb) F1

Black Forrest
2rdcmsn.jpg

I believe Dubi said, referring to a older comment that the Viet Black that they have in their crosses is from a seedbay auction a few years back and not pure. I also remember speaking to a friend who visited China and got some beans on his honey moon. The man he got the seeded buds from called in Black Vietnam in Mandarin, or I guess you could say Vietnam Black or Vietnamese Black.

I am always on the look out for oldschool genes, check out my sativas on the Ace boards.

Peace,

Mota de Dios :joint:

He is the friends notes:

when Tanya and I got married in China after the weeding we went to see the REAL China the country side where i met an 80 year old man who was cultivating this strain and bought about an OZ for $7 american dollars he spoke no english but told Tanya "Veit black" in mandarin when handing me the buds half a joint and my chest pounded like mad had to take anti anxeity meds to smoke it lol seriously, before i left I asked tanya tto ask for seeds since the bud was grown out to be sensi, he handed me 100 or soo beans (still have 40-60) I sprouted 10 as sson as i got back and found only 1 pheno out of 5 females one had a slightly more sprial bud structure these things have generations of back crossing or inbreeding and remain totally stable and NO HERMS have grown 20 or so females not a herm in the bunch.

my keeper that i cant smoke with out something to control my panic....still have this in my clone chamber its a love plant from my wedding very first crop with the wife

zt8xmh.jpg

..Bro hit me up if you ever read this,

Peace,

Mota
what a great wedding gift.lol:joint:

N

NOYB

I believe Dubi said, referring to a older comment that the Viet Black that they have in their crosses is from a seedbay auction a few years back and not pure.
I wish Dubi would chime in cause thought he said the Viet 'Black' genetics he is working with are pure landrace but could be just defective brain cells on my part.

D

Dalaihempy

Dalai, you are absolutely correct in the description as that's the info from the auction. The ones i received and grew out in my pics were heavily leaning toward the sativa side and mine at least wouldn't properly finish in 9 weeks indoors. I never considered it as a pure sativa but am very happy to have it just the same.

hi harry dont get me rong mate your plants look amazing and i my self would be happy with them in my grow space and most know how much i love sativas.

I just rember that the VB was not a pure line and why i posted.

I think from reading a few did get plants leening to the indica side to but your plant did not the advantage of such a hybrid is you will find very sativa leening plants that will be more practicle in both out doors and in and even if they were to finish in 16 weeks of flowring would still be practicle.

I would love to hear how they smoke.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
it's been....

it's been....

:joint:over 2.5 months into the budding stage and this is what she looks like...Hope this helps.:moon:

:tongue:

:tongue:

picture.php

E

EvilTwin

Hi Guys,
Interesting thread. Nobody mentioned that Reeferman's Willie Nelson strain is 50% VB. It's a cross with VB and Highland Nepalese sativa. I haven't grown it out yet so I don't have any grow info, but have grown other of Reefs Asian strains. ..quality genetics.
Cheers,
ET

N

NOYB

Here's a pic of some of Rev's Black Forrest...jungle sourced pure landrace Vietnamese x F3 Hawaiian Cherry Bomb sativa male grown by Fing 57. The breeder has skills and the grower is doing it right! Fing 57 knows his shit. This plant is over 9'. Check out this beauty! Pic from like the last day or two. Has a ways to go but will make it just fine.
8m7iirbgdv9fnendmvpt.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a big plant - and here's me trying to grow Black Forrest in a 50 hps cab with about 3ft height from base to lights!

2 weeks flower
picture.php

23 days flower - i hope it's topped out now so i can stop wrestling with it ;)
picture.php

picture.php

V.

N

NOYB

Wow man that plant is nice and healthy. Just don't try and pound her with nutes cause she'll get pissed off. Keep it to mild teas or dilute nute feedings and it'll finish just fine. Looking stellar!

N

NOYB

Here's a small cola shot of the plant I posted a pic of before. Rev says she looks like his Viet mommy :joint:
6vbybx2cq000h7vuvb9k.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow man that plant is nice and healthy. Just don't try and pound her with nutes cause she'll get pissed off. Keep it to mild teas or dilute nute feedings and it'll finish just fine. Looking stellar!

i wont feed her unless she looks hungry. i potted her in my standard organic soil mix with 20% coco added to dilute it and make it a bit more fluffy. also added a little hoof and horn to give a tiny bit of slow release nitrogen for the later part of the long flowering period. should be ready by christmas if it doesnt overgrow my cab :woohoo:

V.

p.s. that cola looks lovely - is the plant one of yours??

N

NOYB

Not my plant...grown by Fing 57. He's got a crazy cage setup and does a lot of sativa focused stuff. He has 2 BF's going, one Cherry Malawi (pure Malawi x the same Cherry Bomb male) and an Iron Cindy (Metal Haze x C99) all by Rev. Also has a BIG Mullumbimby Madness going.

N

NOYB

That Cherry Bomb was bred by someone in Hawaii. It was 2 Hawaiin sat type strains and wasn't quite clicking so the dude brought in some Cherry AK47 to the mix. Took it to F3 and Rev got a hold of some of those beans. The dude named it Cherry Bomb without any knowledge of Reefermans work. Rev said it was one of the best breeder males he ever had. He also crossed it to a pure Thai, legit Alaskan Thunderfuck and probably a few other things. All of those lines are still alive but the original male bit the dust. I got some of Rev's Cherry Malawi cuts and gave to a friend further south cause couldn't finish it properly where I'm at. Looking forward to sampling some of dat :joint:. I've had some of the Cherry Thunderfuck and kind of a mind eraser...like a novocaine spike to the brain...lol.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool thanks - it's hard work trying to get info on rev's work sometimes :)

N

NOYB

What does the good REv have lined up now anyway?
He's not doing much of anything except drink some coffee, smoke a bit of herb, watch the bull in the field and fiddle about in his garden...he needs to get BUSY...LOL. Haven't seen him in quite awhile so don't know what the dork is REALLY up to except what little bits and pieces I get.

I do think VerdantGreen deserves some mad props for the BF he has going...stellar job so far. Some time around Christmas...lol...that smoke will be ripping his melon apart :yoinks:

Latest posts

Latest posts