What's new

vietnamese black info wanted

N

NOYB

Everything Rev told me about VBlack is confirmed by Dalaihempy. I chatted with Dubi about this very same issue awhile back and pretty sure he'll say VBlack is a distinctive strain and not a hybrid but it's been awhile. For sure everything I've heard about the VBlack that's been around is solid and ACE kicks out some serious crosses so have no doubt anything they've released with VBlack will be a contender.

Rev also said that VBlack is insanely potent, heart pounding, blood pressure elevating and can be very paranoia inducing. The stuff sounds scary...lol.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally a cross of a female from southern Vietnam/Saigon, it has been crossed with a male northern Vietnam/China. Originating from Vietnamese genetics brought back to North America in 77, she's an extremely potent exotic sativa.

Not recommended for medical users: usually resulting in shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure, leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher and top heavy, support recommended.

A very heavy yield compensates for a longer flowering period.

Indoor Specs: Flowering time: 9+ weeks, Height 150 cm, Yield: 1+ gm/watt. Original Auction Description

Sorry but no pure asian sativas going to finish in that time most will be luccky to even sex in that time.

it sounds like there must be more than one strain going by the name vietnam black, Rolanterroy (rev) from magick garden seeds says that his vietnam black that is used in the Black Forrest strain in a Jungle Landrace, and he goes on to say that landrace is not a term that he uses lightly. I beleive his cousin lives in vietnam and collects the seeds for him from deep in the jungle. the Black Forrest flowering time is listed as 16 weeks +

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rev also said that VBlack is insanely potent, heart pounding, blood pressure elevating and can be very paranoia inducing. The stuff sounds scary...lol.

personally i have never smoked more than a joint or two of the stuff at a time, but my mate is a big time smoker, he's done the world tour - rif mountains, morocco, even afganistan for about a year - he said it had been 15 years since he had totally lost his mind from smoking pot - until he had a good go on the Black forrest :joint:

get lost in the forrest (was his text message to me the next day)

V.

N

NOYB

Whenever we've chatted about it he has said something like the 'real' VBlack...and gets this crazy look in his eyes. Whenever he refers to it always the land race stuff that was secured for him waaaaay out in the jungle...uncontaminated by humanoids with their hybrid genetics and such. Unlike Jamaica, South America and other places in the world. He said typically modern tropical coastal varieties are inbred...even if from 'local' strains. I'm pretty sure someone, not in this thread, said VBlack was secured from a coastal area and that immediately throws up a read flag but does not disqualify it.

N

NOYB

personally i have never smoked more than a joint or two of the stuff at a time, but my mate is a big time smoker, he's done the world tour - rif mountains, morocco, even afganistan for about a year - he said it had been 15 years since he had totally lost his mind from smoking pot - until he had a good go on the Black forrest :joint:

get lost in the forrest (was his text message to me the next day)

V.
LOL...haven't tried Black Forrest yet but heard it's a good one. Supposed to smell like incense when burned, potent stuff and solid yielder. Caveman used to say it was actually pretty easy to grow indoors...has to be the selection that went into finding mom and dad :wink:

J

Jydsk

Rolanterroy (rev) from magick garden seeds says that his vietnam black that is used in the Black Forrest strain in a Jungle Landrace,

V.

Just for good measurement...REv's "Magic Kingdom" if i remember correct ?

N

NOYB

So you can not get Vietnamese black beans, then?
Only other hybrids?
As Cocktail Frank said ACE seeds here has some Viet crosses. Believe they even did a Viet/Thai cross. Don't believe they ever offered a pure Viet strain. You should go ask Dubi in his forum here about what they have regarding Viet strains/crosses.

J

Jydsk

I stand to be corrected....how about you ?

you call it " Magick garden seeds" ?

:laughing:

Ah..... the Nam Black. I've been sitting on some pretty old NB x that I acquired years ago. This year I tried germing a bunch of these old seed and wound up with only one plant that was a bit tough to get started. The cuts I have taken off of it are doing great though and thriving.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is a girl, I'll be finding out fairly soon as I'm ready to put the seed plant in to flower in the next couple of days. The cutting A12 in clone tray is cut from the seed plant.

picture.php

picture.php

More info, I'm enjoying learning along with everyone else!

~V~

southernstoner

when i chatted with REV he told me his definition of landrace is 5 generations or more with NO human help of any kind...also a relative got him the beans from a wild plant...i know caveman made the f2 beans going around at skunk...i am told that the beans i got from the kingdom are f1...i know they are very easy to clone...SS

Weedninja

when i chatted with REV he told me his definition of landrace is 5 generations or more with NO human help of any kind...also a relative got him the beans from a wild plant...i know caveman made the f2 beans going around at skunk...i am told that the beans i got from the kingdom are f1...i know they are very easy to clone...SS

That's a very interesting definition of landrace.

N

NOYB

That's a very interesting definition of landrace.
Rev is a very interesting guy...LOL. I've had similar conversations with him including one just a few days ago. We chatted about how in one area he was doing some guerrilla growing and came back about 5 years later and the original strain in that spot had acclimatized. That patch had actually crept downwind across the valley a bit over the years as crops self pollinated and established itself in the best spot. Maybe it was the hermies that established themselves upwind to make sure they had first crack at the patch of flowering fems.

He also mentioned an area in Africa where a local hybridized strain had gotten back into the wild in a certain area and self pollinated over the course of many years. He may have some beans from that wild patch or trying to get some. Those genetics may have gotten released into a wild patch and inbred.

Something like that...

4 Dragons

When I saw VB in the title I knew you would be in here, LOL!

There are at least two VB's. Pure and hybrid. I believe the hybrid was just capitalizing on the name. I knew of VB back in the early 70's.

REv's seed company name is now Kingdom so he doesn't end up butting heads with Disney.

I've been waiting years for REv to unleash his gear on us and I admit I was keeping him a bit of a secret so I could hoard everything of his before they were released. Looks like the cats out of the bag now.

N

NOYB

When I saw VB in the title I knew you would be in here, LOL!

There are at least two VB's. Pure and hybrid. I believe the hybrid was just capitalizing on the name. I knew of VB back in the early 70's.
How can I not participate :rolleyes:

Generally agree with how you see the VBlack thing but based on the use of that name over many years it's become strongly associated with the hybrid. He's always referred to his with me as the 'real' VBlack and maybe only because he was trying to emphasize it's landrace legitimacy compared to what peeps normally talked about when referring to VBlack. Maybe he can get the local name of the area the beans are coming out of next time. That would suck though cause it'd put that spot on the map.

As for his bean thing...:biglaugh:...maybe someday. I'll probably be old and gray be then...LOL.

D

Dalaihempy

Once a hybrid always a hybrid taken 5 generations on it becomes a stable inbreed hybrid in my books.

Sorry but no asian sativa is going to flower and be ready in the time frame there giveing go back to basics and think about what people claim to be fact in this community and question it if it sounds rong dont take whats claimed as fact if it sounds od question it.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Here's my....

Here's my....

:joint:Vietnam Black x G13/BW = Black Nam....got the seeds from an OG bud way back. I grew it in soil and now growing it in water. very sativa and the soil grown one smelled like gasoline....as u can see this budz will be big. i will also be growing it in my swc/tron system in the future...Hope this helps.

Ps, they called it vietnam black b/c the pot actually looked black with a spacey, hulucinated high....

:tongue:

pix were taken last week.:yeahthats