What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vertical areo

G

just AMAZING!!!U ARE SOME HANDY MAN FOR SURE!!
Great work cant wait to see the harvest.

betterboy

yea, my res got up to low 80's during summer months, these chillers was well worth the costs,more weight, harder buds. just one thing less to worry bout, set it and forget it.
Thanks guys,

somoz

Veteran
hey betterboy would you mind throwin a link down for those chilllers....that's crzy cheap and 2 of mine are on their last leg so to speak. thanks bro. somoz

somoz

Veteran
nice link betterboy. thanks. that's one of the cheapest prices i've seen for 1/4.
how the plants lookin mate? we gonna get an update? thanks again.

somoz

somoz

Veteran
a month later....ha......better than not a month at all i guess....well looks to be a fine harvest but could you review strain, plant count, and final yield for me please...

and how did you like your system....postitives/negatives....slips you made on this run..etc....

i got something very similiar i have been doin some test runs on...just waiting on clones and i'll whack up a thread....looks good bro....well done!

somoz

betterboy

yea i know, but when this stuff started growing ya couldnt get a good pic so thought id just get the cut day for pics
their is ownlly 96 plants out of possible 126, when i put them in they were bigger than i really wanted and i ran out of head room so i just went with 6 octogons instead of the 8 oct. runs.
the strains were hog- HDF- manatuska tundra
changes that will be made!
1. with 54 spray nozels i wonly got 30-32 psi with this Eco 230 pump(disappointed ) so as far as i'm conserned this run was more of a NFT grow.
Solution:
Going to add a 20 gal. bladder tank to kick up PSI to 60PSI
2. Next problem was the screen dia. was 32"
Solution:
going to make the lamp protection screen bout 14" dia. to give more room for plant growth.
All in all im happy with the end result but I really think with these changes, this system will really improve this system.
I wont know total weight from it for a few more days though, waiting for it to dry.Even though it was a shabby run i still look to get 3LBS.+
The pics ownly show 1 line when there is actually 3 lines and the camera could ownly get bout 1/2 of the width of what was there.
gonna get some more clones started , make the changes and getter up and going again, hopefully within the next 2 weeks

somoz

Veteran
thanks for the quick reply bro and the answers...not a bad take in considering first run and all....well done....one more question for ya and then i'll be done....how big did you drill each hole for ur plants....3", 2", 4" and did you use neoprene collars or pool noodles...this is my current debate...think i might go 2" and use the neoprenes....

also do you think maybe ur loosing psi due to the water chiller.....i've seen this before....

Last edited:

senseless

whats your definition of a 20 gal. bladder tank?

is your pump external or submersable? 230 doesnt sound strong at all, mabe something like 600 or even up to the 1000 gph range would give you a better spray.

great grow btw, thats super rad how you came up with the design yourself. amazing actually.

betterboy

somoz:
I drilled them out with a 2 7/8" hole saw and used neoprene inserts. dont think the chiller has anything to do with the psi. it has a seperate pump that circulates the res water
senseless:
somoz hit the nail on the head! as a matter of fact this is where i got the pump, its 52 psi but with a 116psi max so this means i can use a bladder tank to build and hold preasure for each blast of spray.
A bladder tank is used usually to hold water from a well system, and the tank is preassurized

G

Nice maiden run BB :yes: I can tell you've got a few builds under your belt if you pull off a nice run the first time out. I'm sure your next one will kill...

Somoz... I bet you can't wait to start eh?

somoz

Veteran
gronut you have no idea mate.....this thing has had one two many setbacks :dueling: but it's almost there.....

sorry betterboy i'm going to ask just a couple more cause i was rereading the thread and saw that you got S&D 10' 4 inch pipes for only $3.50...... :yoinks: where did you find these for so cheap...the only 4inchers i can find around here are from the depot or menards....is there somewhere else i should be looking cause they run $20 a 10' section out here....quite a difference...

and finally where did you get your 3"inch neoprenes...i can't seem to find them for a reasonable price anywhere....tons of the 2" around but no 3's....i appreciate your time bro....

oh....on the rez chiller idea i thought you might be usin your control as your rez if this makes sense so the chiller would cut down on ur psi cause it would be sharin the same line as your eco pump....don't know if i articulated that with clarity but this is what i'm tinkering with atm....i'm not going to use a sepearte rez just going to have a 15 gallon control and i'm trying to figure out how to not lose any psi....i would think i could attach hose from control to rez chiller to pump....this would work no?

sorry for the deluge mate.....thanks a bunch......somoz

Latest posts

Latest posts