What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vertical areo

Purgatory

somoz said:
not tryin to crash ur thread betterboy but i haven't seen purgatory around in a minute and wanted to ask him whats up with the coli bro.....looked great last time you gave us some eye candy!! don't hold out on us.... later somoz
Hey Somoz,
Thanks for the support. I've been kind of busy with work lately so i havnt had much time to go through all the pics and orginize them. It shouldn't be to much longer, I'll bump the thread with some new pics shortly.

Purgatory

Betterboy,
Before you drill them all out, have you thought of using spinners? They work great for aero and i havn't seen one clog up yet. I get the best results when i mix spinners with micro sprayers. Just a thought though, if drilling them out doesn't effet your coverage then stick with it. Let us know how that works out?

G

BB, Dude much respect on that setup, looks killer. And saved a ton of floor space.

betterboy

Purgatory:
I've never sued the spinners but sounds interesting, the sprayers i did drill out looks the same as far as the spray goes looks the same, does the spinners connect to a 1/4" hose ok? if i have any cloged sprayers that has been drilled out i will definatly give the spinners a try, thanks
DirtySouth:
so many guys including myself never seem to have enough floor space, thats what i like bout this setup, it utilizes cubic ft instead of just square ft. plus uses 360 degrees of lighting, there's a lot of loss with reflective light.
Unknown Stoner:
your right, gotta love it, now all i have to do is hope this contraption works well, so far so good

i've see a very similar system a couple years ago,, and it did work great,,, i'd stay away from spinners as the tend to get clogged..,,, just flood it every few hours,,,, and it will work great....

betterboy

I tried this system bout a couple years or so ago with F&D but didn't have any luck with it. back in the OG days.So I did a redesign and setup as areo, I'll get some pics up latter this week

G

Did you prune them back? It looks like it but I can't tell if you did it to all of them? How does that work for you?

betterboy

yea, i trimmed all but the top 3 nodes the day i put them in this system, they just went crazy in there, got roots all the way to the res asready, dam i wish i could have gotten these in just after rooting, some are close to 30"

sonoma

Nice set-up. I love a good use of space.....What is that in the fourth picture? Can you tell me what is not so great about this set up, if there is anything?

Drilling out the sprayers is a great idea....I've always just replaced them...over and over and over and over....great tip!

betterboy

sonoma
If its that black thing its the res, its a float dock, yea, im thinking bout tqking 2-16" pcs out the back side for a easyer entrance

Purgatory

Most of the rez chillers are pretty expensive, brand new expect to pay between 700-1000 US. I see used ones going between 300-500. Some of 1 hp ones run close to 2000.

Latest posts

Latest posts