What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

weazer421

VG..... I just finished reading over both of you threads using the LED's.... Very very impressed.

The canopy idea is perfect, I am using a 90w UFO..... Really wish i would have seen your thread before i started my garden, Gotta love ICmag.

I will be honest with everyone who reads over these threads. You can't go wrong with LED's

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
asstastic - hi - over a few different strains ive pulled minimum 1g/watt, maximum 1.6g/watt. the Black forrest sativa would have worked out at over 2g/watt but it flowered for 15 weeks so i dont really count that ;)

weazer - thanks - this diary started with 250 hps and the last run or so has been 250 CMH

my other diary in the micro grows section was a 63w LED.

i should have the new 205watt LED thread up in a few hours - until then...

cheers

VG.

asstastic

thanks man ive been po'ed that i could not find a good 250 yeild but someone pointed you out and they were right what happend with the black forest did you cut early?

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
VerdantGreen - What are your thoughts on CMH vs HPS? Did you run the same cut under both?

This is my first 400w run, and I've used CMH the whole time. I don't have a single complaint so far, but what I'm really looking forward to seeing is bud development.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi GMG i liked the CMH, didnt seem to be much or any drop in yield. the buds were possibly a little more leafy but visibly more resinous - definitely more aromatic (although organic buds tend to be pretty stinky anyway). possibly a little more potent too.

asstastic - the BF was supposed to be 16 weeks but it was definitely ready after 15.

VG.

NOF

Hi there V.G, how is going mate?

After some ups and downs in my life, I´m back!!!
In this period of "break" I´ve praticed a little bit my modular scrog
techiniques, and I got some pretty good results.

My modular ones are 1/2 square meters each (0.5x0.5m) which is perfect
to fill 1m² under my 400W bulbs.

Your grow diary became one my first source for SCROG researching . You´ve teach
my a lot with all those pages of knowledge.

Thank you mate!

I would ask you something: In my last scrog outdoors, I realize that my canopy was
too big. Not too big at all, it´s was one of the beautiful plants that I have ever had.

One day when I was looking at my plants at my garden, I had the bad Idea
of removing some fan leaves that was creating some shadow on the lower bud sites
above the screen. I thought that it might be better, as the sunshine could penetrate
more into the canopy which was pretty dense.

In the beggining I thought that it was a good idea, one of the best that I ever
had. But when I harvested my plants, I got disapointed with the yield.
I believe that removing so many fan leaves, affected my yield!

My question mate, is: do you remove any fan leave from the canopy above the screen
or below the screen or you just let them making shadow on the lower budsites?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi NOF - i try not to remove leaves, bit perhaps i'll nip off the odd one if its really in the way of a bud - or just take a finger or two.

below the canopy i pinch out the budsites but leave the leafs there- the plant then sucks out the goodness before they die.

VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NOF - check out my new thread - the link is in my sig - same cab but with a new LED light.

im trying to put this thread to rest for now so if i could direct everyone to the new one please :D

cheers

V.

tronkyx

Hey VG,

You are the fuckin' god men, Iv'e never seen buds like yours. I'm from Mexico and I'm gonna start a new grow with your tek, so if there's no problem, I'd like to see your method in a condensed doc, with instructions and pics step by step, so we can carry anywhere. If you can help us (us=your fans) we will be grateful forever.

Thanks from Mex
Tronkyx

P.S.: Forgive my english, I'm an english student actually, and never been in the US.

maree

Hi Verdant - hope all's going well over on your LED thread.

Ive been trying to find a UK supplier for Philips open fixture, 250 watt, ceramic metal halides and am really struggling. Can you help? Know you ised a CMH but don't know if it was the Philips. From the looks of the avaiable charts at the link below and the ones given in the cmh thread, they look to have the most appropriate spectral distribution and I'd like to get one!

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/MBI%20Ceramic.htm

maree

Although I have just found spd's for Osram Powerball HCI-T, and they don't look too disimilar - but no one wants to sel me one of those either! More trawling.....

dondeago

Hey verd...
Well after a lot of research:thinking:, re-designings of my cab, and A LOT of window shopping, i finaly bit the bullet and went and got myself an LED fixture.
Managed to get 3rd gen 300 watt led for a bargain £260!!! Hopefully i'll be able to locate some cuttings soon and will be up and running.
Thanks for all your posts:thank you:, i have found them really useful and informative. I can only hope that i can get the same ( hopefully better ) results as i used to get from my 250 hps.....
Here's to hopeing............

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey maree i got my cmh from the states - the advancedtechlighting link in the cmh thread in the equipment forum. cost about £50 including shipping and was very stealth, labelled as something innocent. pretty sure you cant get them in the UK

dondeago - nice one :) - i think that should match or better your hps. did you mean to post in this thread though (this is my hps thread ;) )

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all,:wave:, so the weather is cooling and im back to HPS in my main cabinet - rather than use extra watts on heating over winter it's better to have a higher wattage light that gives out plenty of heat!
i'm using a sunmaster dual spectrum 250HPS now - its supposed to have more blue spectrum but to me, after the LED's it looks yellow yellow YELLOW!

(NB - for the last 6 months or so i was running LED in this cab and the diary is here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=166899)

so the lineup for this run :
cuts wise we have Blueberry and Lemon thai f3 - i wanted to grow these together as my Bliueberry cut is heavily thai influenced imo - you can see from the pics how similar they look :dance013:
lemon thai
picture.php

blueberry
picture.php

and i have sour diesel x chemdog from seed. i have 5 plants and got 2 girls which means i have 4 plats for the quarters and as long as these 2 are stable then i am happy. tbh im not massively impressed with these plants (although they may smoke nice) they have grown in a way i associate with multi hybrids - some of them have got very tall and others have stayed shorter. here are the 2 girls
strictly speaking i think the genetics are sour diesel x (chemdogx(chemdogxafghan))
sourdog1 - this one is nice, fairly compact
picture.php

sourdog2 - this one has comedy length internodals :D
picture.php

here are the 3 remaining plants - all boys - the whole plan with these was to make f2's and go pheno hunting at some point so i'll try and use pollen from all of these if i can to make seeds
picture.php

screen fitted on sd1
picture.php

and sd2 - yikes! - this one needed a good shoeing to get it under - hopefully it will forgive me
picture.php

heres the cab with the 2 sourdog in the back row. YELLOW LIGHT! - (the tubes are UV t5's which i will fire up soon)
the blueberry need a little more veg - but is a big stretcher so not much more veg. the LT not so much of a stretcher so will get a bit more veg.
picture.php

cheers all :tiphat:

VG