What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hazydays - thanks! - cant wait to try it ;)

optimus - i think the 'bended' pics you are referring to are the power black and black cheese crosses which i grew out as straight plants (not scrog)- they got too tall so i had to bend them over. basically with scrog i pull all the branches back under the screen for a while as they stretch and then let them grow up when the screen is full. ideally i like the colas to grow to about 6 inches above the screen by the time they have stopped stretching. if you look through the whole thread from the beginning you will come across some more explanation and pictures of how to do it. remember this is modular scrog so the screens are attached to each pot - this allows you to change the height of each screen to get the canopy even.

cheers and feel free to ask questions. scrog is one of those things that is easy to learn by doing it a few times. also knowing how much your strain will stretch helps - but i grow new strains quite often and seem to get away with it.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, the NL got chopped today - but i couldnt find the bud that i pollenated with DC pollen.
anyone got any tips for finding a seeded bud? - usually i mark them but it seems that the marked has fallen off. hopefully i will spot it at some point as the colas dry.

also ver excited about the structure of these lemon thai f3 plants - having been topped once they have naturally formed a pretty flat canopy of tops all of their own accord - apparently tops growing to equal height is a thai trait!

picture.php

this one is particuarly squat and flat topped.
picture.php

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey unc - these are for the 205 LED grow (im just going to swap it for my hps in the cab soon) if i get more females then i will perhaps run one in the small cab with the 63watt too.

yeah leaves are fattest on this pheno but all the plants show similar structure - so it may breed true. its like the opposite of DC lol - the antichunk!
might make a good cross with DC too?

just marking time for the next 2 weeks till the DC are finished, by which time the plants should be vegged up for the start of the 205 led grow

i have Powerplant, Northern Lights, blueberry and these Lemon thais to choose from. also a few cuts from the DC which are vegging up nicely.

happy days

V.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i should have a 205 from LEDGirl soon myself and will be joining you in the future! cut an array of cuts vegging up right now and should be building my box soon,let me just say thank you now for the ideas of yours I will incorporate into my design,I love your modular scrog and it will be a big part of my cab design.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cant wait to see it unc. if you can, make the modules so as they can be turned round as many ways as possible in the cab - then if one side has buds a bit taller you can flip that round so it's on the outside.

took an early bud from the DC today whicj i will test out later. also released some predator mites into the cabs as spider mites have been slowly assimilating themselves into my grow and i want rid of them!

V.

NHMI

Man that is an amazing thread. I can't believe how long some of these threads get....lol....I hope to have as much success in the near future but need to get some kind of system down so I always have something almost finished....great work.

barth

Hey V, Your lemon thai is looking great. What else should we expect you ladies always look so healty. Hope i have the success that you have had with my scrog setup.

Was hoping that if you had a min you could click over to my album and check out the first 2 screens of my mod scrog i started. Just looking for some constructive criticism. Feel free to PM me or just comment on pics as i dont want to high jack your thread.

My Album

Last edited:

MeanBean

Hey V!

Neep some advice, can ya help? I am worried My plants may get to the height limits of my cab man! Geez this strain is very lanky, seems like it's born to be a scroged plant, the first 8 inches seem to be stem by now! at least thiers some action going on up top but I did FIM it pretty good. I think fimming just makes the plant node more but smaller n slower. Tough strain for sure, I am gonna go back to oasis until I pick a new one..

Anyhow I gotta have a backup plan if the start getting in the read zone, but I really want to let them grow naturally. what you think I could do? build a screen just below the light?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NHMI - good luck with your setup. the modcrog is pretty easy once you get it set up and get used to manipulating the plants. im the same - i just like having new stuff to try as often as possible!

barth - they look good! - with the tops that get away you can sometimes pull the stem back under the screen a bit to reduce the hight - wedge it there with somethingm or you can bend it to a diagonal if you have a gap. looks like you may have a bit more stretch to go but they arent that high above the screen yet so it should be fine. you picked a challenging strain to scrog but looks like you are pulling it off!

MB - cant say ive ever fimmed so not sure. my advice would be to attach a modscrog screen to each bucket or a screen across each side of the cab - but then i have a one track mind!
with new strains, stretch is like a box of chocolates :D - you never know what you are going to get! - but as a vague rule of thumb, the more sativa in there the more you will get :)

cheers

VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all! - the NL harvest came in at about 1g/watt which is pretty low for that strain - possibly not vegged quite enough or maybe it doesnt like the CMH light?

also got at least 100 seeds of the NL x Deep Chunk cross which i am very happy about.

2 of the 4 Deep chunk (not scrogged) were also harvested today
picture.php

the other two will get chopped later this week.

and i will swap the lights and start the 205w LED thread next week. nearly there - cant wait!

V.

barth

Looking good. I would love to get 1/g a watt. I can understand how 1/g a watt would seem low when you are used to getting 1.5 or higher. I have never even come close 1/g watt. This is the reason i switched to your style of scrog.

Thanks for the update.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey barth, im always happy with 1g/watt, the NL actually has a few seeds in it and that might have taken the edge off the yield. there was a slight incident with a Deep chunk male and a cloud of pollen :D

MeanBean - i'll start the 205 LED thread in the next day or two, here in the grow diary forum.

---

so thats it for this thread for a while, the non scrog Deep Chunk have all been harvested and it looks like i'll have 100-200 seeds from the buds i dusted with the male DC pollen - i used pollen from 5 males to keep as much genetic diversity i could in the line - its the best i could de with a 10 pack ;)

picture.php

here's a few greatest hits from the quarters over the last year :D

Northern lights
picture.php

Sharksbreath
picture.php

picture.php

Blueberry.
picture.php

JTR
picture.php

Black Forrest
picture.php

picture.php

UK Cheese
picture.php

Power Plant
picture.php

arjans haze 3
picture.php

mmg
picture.php

ok maybe i got a bit carried away there :wave:

thanks to all,

VG.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
They should sticky this thread as the definition of how to do a SCROG under 250HPS.

Way to rock the box, bro. Been one hell of a ride.

NL x DC sounds like it will be a killer indica smoke!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:thank you: thanks guys - it's a pretty good set of pics when all put together - even though i say so myself :D

its been a blast with this cab and ICmag for the last year or so. i just hope my luck holds for the next year just as well.

VG.