What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

J

JackTheGrower

thanks ukgf and rushchaser

yep just finished chopping them. these Lemon Thai genetics wont win any density prizes like the mmg was under these LEDs, but i guess that;s generally the case with thai...

very very frosty though - the leaves curl up under the tric coverage - something ive only ever seen on Deep Chunk and JTR/Jacks Cleaner.

picture.php

should have the yield etc in a week or so.

VG

I was thinking to run Thai ( if I ever get some genetics ) on 13 hour days and 11 hour flowering.

Thailand is about a 12 hour day all year isn't it?

I found this thread on a Google search so I had to come and read it VG you are a busy poster.. Makes me smile to see a nice grow show and I am smiling.

If you don't mind. I am thinking of crafting a clone station and using this 63 watt light.
It's nifty for sure and could double as a nice scrog light I see..

How do you feel about that light for clone station of 4 sq ft?
Is it too much for clones in a 2'x2' ?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey jack i posted in your other thread about this too, but

if you hung it slightly on one side to give a brighter side for seedlings, vegging up, males etc and then used the other side for rooting clones you would have a nice little cab. depends how many clones you need but you can get a a lot of rooted clones out of a square foot. i use a 9w cfl to root ten or so at a time in a standard seed tray propagator.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yield for the Lemon Thai f3 was 52 grams, there were more buds than last time but they dried very airy as thai buds tend to be. ive tried one of the plants, LT3 which was very resinous and its a potent sativa style smoke - should be rocket fuel after a cure. much stronger than the LT pheno i grew in my bigger cab.

so the gpw would be 0.86gpw which is a little disappointing really because there was a huge amount of buds - but if it lives up to it's promise smoke wise it will be nice. next time im going to run a high yield indica dom strain - probably sharksbreath.

cheers

VG

T

treefrog

yield for the Lemon Thai f3 was 52 grams, there were more buds than last time but they dried very airy as thai buds tend to be. ive tried one of the plants, LT3 which was very resinous and its a potent sativa style smoke - should be rocket fuel after a cure. much stronger than the LT pheno i grew in my bigger cab.

so the gpw would be 0.86gpw which is a little disappointing really because there was a huge amount of buds - but if it lives up to it's promise smoke wise it will be nice. next time im going to run a high yield indica dom strain - probably sharksbreath.

cheers

VG

I think 0.86 is fantastic for a Thai strain.
Excellent work!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks treefrog for the reality check :D - you are right - what really matters is the quality of the smoke, which seems good but i'll reserve judgement till it's cured for a week or two at least. i like the challenge of getting good yields but i choose strains for their potential quality rather then yields so i cant always expect so much.

atm the cab is vegging up a couple of sharksbreath cuts and some herijuana seedlings as well as a few other rooted cuts. not sure what is going where yet but we will see. hmmmmm.

cheers

VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the two Lemon Thais from the last run are turning out to be some very potent smoke! also smelling distinctively of grapefruit. got mums of them both still :)

VG

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
got any new pix of what u got now. :D ooo boy do I wish I had some thai flowers to try.

well maybe sime day Ill get to try thr thai.:)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey cheesebuds i tried to get a macro of the Lemon Thai.
picture.php

tbh the nugs dont look that good. not dense, but the smell of the better one, LT3, is lemon cleaner/grapefruit and it is very strong, quite trippy but not in a visual way. the smell of LT2 reminds me of flo but the weed is much stronger than the flo ive tried. all in all some out of the ordinary weed which is kind of the whole point of doing it for me :D

also made some seeds of LT x Deep Chunk, not many but enough
picture.php

got a couple of things cooking atm that may surface soon maybe here or maybe a new microcab slightly bigger...

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all - been holding out on you :D

i flowered a Casey Jones cut (the english one) in this cab.
i snapped a couple of pics before i chopped it today at around 9 weeks. smelled very strong - cheesey peanuts with some chem funk in there too
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Rambro

any idea on yield for the casey jones? i just bought a 63watt penetrator, got 2 auto AK47's and 4 bagseeds just starting under it now, plan on movin the bagseeds outdoors tho after they get big enough to handle these storms weve been having round here lately. my cab is running about 87 degrees. i wanna get a perpetual thing going and try to harvest about an ounce a month or so, you think id be better off running autoflowers or doing something 12/12 from seed?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks scrub - good to see you around

rambro - the casey jones came in at about 41g so aboout 0.8 gpw - which is ok for an afterthought of a grow with an extra plant i had lying about :)
i got a slightly better yield running two plants in the cab. you could pretty much harvest once month doing that with 2 little scrog modules. i would use indica doms and veg them for a couple of weeks.

VG

blimblom

Hello teacher :)

I got salivating with your LTs. Your gardening skills are an example to us all. And your connaisseur skills are also an example. Im not paying lip service, just give the credit where is due

But I have a question

What I didnt get was if the trippy stone of your thai lemon is your own making genetic or one that you bought.

I have bought the Martian Mean Green that you proposed me and made something in the order of 150 seeds out of it (I usually grow from seed). From the original 10seeds I had bought, only 3 became plants and I was lucky I had 1 girl and 2 boys, but now my seeds germinate at a good rate of 7 or 8 out 10 and the genetic is the same as MMG is a pure strain.

The high is excellent and exactly as you described, energetic not sleepy and very social (I must admit it gets a little horny too).

But the trippy effect of your LT got me wired. so please share some info

thanks again for everything you share with us

Bobbles

Awesome grows! Cant wait until LEDs become more affordable. Nice job running that Thai in a small space. Well done. Looks yummy! Rocket fuel is right, feels like you're blasting off to the moon! Dunno if you know what I mean but thats how I felt. Strap in and hold the fuck on cause your mind is going for a ride! Ha!