What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

Darkgan

Hey Verdant, excellent job; the plants are looking great, both here and in your other journal. Are you expecting to yield more, now that you've got the system dialed in?

Also, go hit Cammie up for a few hundred bucks! Your journals have convinced me to get a 345w unit. ;)

I'm starting a scrog of some sativa's here soon, and I had a few questions -- If you didn't mind answering (If I'm hijacking the thread at all, feel free to ignore me/delete this post! Sorry in advance!)

What height would you recommend the screen for one of the taller sativa's, like Kali Mist? I've heard 18" and 24", but I really have no experience at all with scrog.

Assuming I have 30" x 30" of screen to work with, how long would you recommend I let two (or one) of said sativa's veg?

Thanks for any help you can give, and sorry again for any hijacking.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking very nice indeed VG, healthy and beautiful buds bro, inspiring stuff.

Peace an Respects

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
immaculate - thanks - yeah scrog is a way of maximizing harvests whilst minimizing your plant count. if you have a separate veg cab then the extra veg time doesnt really cost you anything either.

Darkgan - no problem at all - tough question really but i wouldt put the screen height much over a foot for anything really because the more you get above the screen the better as thats where the buds are ;)

with sativas i tend to veg for a while and top a few times to keep the height down and have plenty of colas. personally i would have 4 plants in that space, top them 3 times to get 8 tips on each - during maybe a 4 -6 week veg, and then flip them when the tips are at about screen height. then train them during stretch and they should fill the screen. if you look at my old 250hps scrog diary i scrog a stretchy sativa strain called black forrest - you might like to check that out. i have a pack of kali mist myself that im itching to grow ;)
also with a 345 watt unit i would have thought you could light up a 3' square area pretty well. personally i would buy 2x205w instead if i had the space.

b00m - thanks for stopping by bro :)

VG

n

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's some pics from today at 6 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

VG

kava

I actually have to say that I have been enjoying your micro cabinet very much and find it very enlightening. I have been following along and taking my notes and those plants are just doing awsome Take care and be safe

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheesebuds! - thanks for checking in, yes im pleased so far with this lemon thai, not sure how long it has to go, couple of weeks i guess...

kava - you are very welcome - i find the best way is to keep it as simple as possible ;)

VG

BORNaSMOKER

Can't believe I haven't been keeping track of this!! looking immense (maybe even better than your other cab) can't wait for the yield, surely it's over 1g/w???

hazy

Veteran
Hey VG, did you just run a screw up through the rim of that container into the wood leg of your frame?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey BaS, you found this one :) i got 1gpw last time so the way it's looking i might beat that.

labtec - thanks! - yes im looking forward to trying the LT. need to choose a keeper pheno out if these two and the one in the bigger cab if they are any good. fairly uniform for f3's though.

hazy - yes mate, drilled and screwed straight up through the rim. same method as the round pots in the 205 grow.

VG

U

unthing

Great grow. Wasn't it different pheno than under the 205? Are there any major differences?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anavar - yes its a decent amount of buds for 63w. and this is a first generation GH unit - the newer ones would do even better.

MeanBean - im sure you'll do great!

darwinsbulldog - thanks and welcome :)

unthing - the 3 plants all look pretty similar, the only different pheno turned out to be a slight herm and was tossed.

VG :tiphat: