What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medikush13

I agree the lines are pretty wavy at the moment. If they set up a non profit collective correctly that should fall into the correct guidelines right? I mean non profits can and are one of the largest profit generating business models around. You can make a ton but you just claim and redirect differently to follow specific non profit guidelines.

[The Not For Profit is very much different than a Non-Profit 501c-3) It is not a profit generating vehicle, although anyone can set up their business model however they want, and it will be up to the courts to decide if it fit in with what you are supposed to be doing.]

I don't get the storefront ability myself as far as the bill was written but also don't see how patients can access the meds without that being possible. I doubt it was to allow patients to go meet other patients through craigslist and hope they don't get scammed or jacked and hopefully was written to allow patients safe access to their medication through a reputable collective or club. [The collective model is what was intended, not over the counter sales at clubs on every corner]

I like how open ended the bill is because it allows wiggle room on our end BUT that also leaves room for those trying to close down these bills wiggle room as well.

What bugs me most is that it will end up being something else regulated by the federal government that ends up costing even more and patients NOT being allowed to grow their own. [I don't think that will happen because we will always be able to grow our own. This will be more for those who can't.]

See my responses above.

ourcee

To avoid the "dont show any paperwork....." routine..

Go in...the person working the front rarely is seen in the back...

Give them your information like your REC to get into the back.
Once into the back, THEN you mention being a vendor.

They will either have a buyer around or they wont. Show them your sample in your pocket and go from there.

Ive seen dispensaries ask vendors for NAME/PHONE/ADDRESS/SS#.

Kobe Bryant
1-800-Collect
420 Blaze It Ln.
123-456-0420

so your strategy is to show it just to the receptionist then go in the back and tell em your a vendor without showing any identifying papers... uhhh.. you just showed them.

okay so the girl at the front who just photocopied your Drivers License along with your rec and has your full name/dr's name/address/ etc etc.... she has no affiliation with the people in the back, nor do those guys in the back have any access to that computer she just typed your info in? Oh they let you in with just a flash of your rec? no verifying? lol yeah right, maybe if it IS one of these hole-in-the-wall places thats begging to be raided.

No bar is knowingly gonna serve alcohol to a kid just so they can make their profit on that one (or six) beer(s), a liquor license costs a lot more than any profit from kids claiming to be 21 but not having anything to back it up, might as well tell the kids to fuck off and help the people that DO have their ID in order. (apples to oranges, but its related)

if you are walking in, throwing down some weed on the counter, and walking out with cash, all without being a member of their collective, THAT is illegal sales, THAT is what any police dept would consider "sales".

A collective member bringing in their extra stuff and getting compensated for their time/effort/expenses (as is allowed as collectives can receive solely cash without any other involvement from other members to cover costs; i.e. your paycheck) is rather a COLLECTIVE group of members providing services for eachother.

thats the basis of what a 'collective' group of like minded people is anyways. People working together to help eachother out.

Calimed

Veteran
:lurk:

Messing with all that tax info is a bad idea. Not saying clubs are the best at taking this down.

Dealt with clubs once, don't think I'll do it again. I'm more into free love, give those those in need.

bterzz

Veteran
so your strategy is to show it just to the receptionist then go in the back and tell em your a vendor without showing any identifying papers... uhhh.. you just showed them.

lol I dont have a strategy I dont do that type of stuff. It was just a figment of my imagination.

I would assume anyone getting in the clinics, vendors or not, have proper doctors rec. and have to show it upon entering..

Maybe a regular patient can slip in without showing paperwork every once in awhile, but even from what I have seen anyone walking through those doors have to show paperwork..regardless of how long they've been a patient.

ourcee

I would assume anyone getting in the clinics, vendors or not, have proper doctors rec. and have to show it upon entering..

Maybe a regular patient can slip in without showing paperwork every once in awhile, but even from what I have seen anyone walking through those doors have to show paperwork..regardless of how long they've been a patient.

basically, yes.

anyone saying "oh if you're gonna vend dont give them your info" well then they must deal with some shady shops because every single nice place I've been to would tell you "sorry, no rec/ID, no entrance".

"oh but but but I'm a vendor, isn't that okay?"

"oh yeah sure no worries, you want to bring in far more than personal amounts of weed, sell it, and get thousands, all off the books and tax free? sure come on down, I love the feel of cold steel on my wrists."

the reason you can skirt the laws being a vendor is because in all reality you are providing the 'meds' (lol such a funny term to me) to tens or hundreds of patients. if every one of them gets an eighth, which is definitely well within THEIR legal possession amounts (personal), then you are all good, as nobody is holding more than personal for other than personal needs.

if it can be accounted for in where or who its going to and that those amounts are consistent with personal useage, there is little for any LEO to bitch over. You can drop off 5 lbs, 10 lbs, as long as they have the member numbers to cover "personal" use of that poundage.

the term 'personal use' is extremely subjective as one patient may use an ounce a day in edibles, another might use an eighth a week. This is how you get past the "limits" imposed by your doctor.

you can drop off a pound a day at a co op and as long as THEY are following the rules, you should be fine.

mikessong

the reason you can skirt the laws being a vendor is because in all reality you are providing the 'meds' (lol such a funny term to me) to tens or hundreds of patients. if every one of them gets an eighth, which is definitely well within THEIR legal possession amounts (personal), then you are all good, as nobody is holding more than personal for other than personal needs.

if it can be accounted for in where or who its going to and that those amounts are consistent with personal useage, there is little for any LEO to bitch over. You can drop off 5 lbs, 10 lbs, as long as they have the member numbers to cover "personal" use of that poundage.

the term 'personal use' is extremely subjective as one patient may use an ounce a day in edibles, another might use an eighth a week. This is how you get past the "limits" imposed by your doctor.

you can drop off a pound a day at a co op and as long as THEY are following the rules, you should be fine.

No one should listen to the above "advice" regarding limits unless they like being locked up.

ourcee

No one should listen to the above "advice" regarding limits unless they like being locked up.

instead your advice is, show nothing, throw down the weed and walk with the green?

I know multiple people that have had LEO walking through their grow, looking at everything, seeing everything, far more than one persons personal by any LEO's standards, and upon documentation proving that the amounts were accounted for. They just left and said have a good night. That was quite some time and quite a bit of plants and weight ago. No problems whatsoever.

You can be shady and share as much information as any joe drug dealer would, or you can be "clearly and unambiguously" (recent DEA statement on MMJ catchphrase) following the rules and trying to do good by them. Which would you rather be if you ever did have to sit down in front of a jury?

medikush13

instead your advice is, show nothing, throw down the weed and walk with the green?

I know multiple people that have had LEO walking through their grow, looking at everything, seeing everything, far more than one persons personal by any LEO's standards, and upon documentation proving that the amounts were accounted for. They just left and said have a good night. That was quite some time and quite a bit of plants and weight ago. No problems whatsoever.

You can be shady and share as much information as any joe drug dealer would, or you can be "clearly and unambiguously" (recent DEA statement on MMJ catchphrase) following the rules and trying to do good by them. Which would you rather be if you ever did have to sit down in front of a jury?

I agree.

95% of your assumed guilt is how well a prosecutor feels he can convince a jury that what you were doing was criminal.

Regardless of whether or not it was.

pugnacious

I can only speak for the socal heads at the moment. But "vending" to clubs is pretty much going to be out of the picture. Unless you are a grower with a good network, you are most likely going to be pushing your product on the streets or out of state.

In general its for the best. I personally dont like it this way because I used to be a vendor. The D's get all the blame for having the high prices while the growers and middleman have no accountability for it.

When in reality all parties account for it. The pigs, the D's, the growers, and the patients (demand). By cutting out the vendors and pigs the prices should be way more affordable.

We are actually looking forward into working with the city and leo, once a more realistic ordinance is set up. Now we dont have to worry about getting raided as much. So our cost will go down. If we get a green light to grow our own with out getting arrested, this will also drastically lower prices. And I finally get to go back to my roots. Which is growing.

We also dont have to worry about scum bag growers trying to ditch there shitty brown tinted outdoor for 4k. Or having little pricks come in with there mid level meds trying to dictate the prices we sell and buy from. And then get mad when we politely tell them that there meds are not at asking price.

medikush13

I can only speak for the socal heads at the moment. But "vending" to clubs is pretty much going to be out of the picture. Unless you are a grower with a good network, you are most likely going to be pushing your product on the streets or out of state.

In general its for the best. I personally dont like it this way because I used to be a vendor. The D's get all the blame for having the high prices while the growers and middleman have no accountability for it.

When in reality all parties account for it. The pigs, the D's, the growers, and the patients (demand). By cutting out the vendors and pigs the prices should be way more affordable.

We are actually looking forward into working with the city and leo, once a more realistic ordinance is set up. Now we dont have to worry about getting raided as much. So our cost will go down. If we get a green light to grow our own with out getting arrested, this will also drastically lower prices. And I finally get to go back to my roots. Which is growing.

We also dont have to worry about scum bag growers trying to ditch there shitty brown tinted outdoor for 4k. Or having little pricks come in with there mid level meds trying to dictate the prices we sell and buy from. And then get mad when we politely tell them that there meds are not at asking price.

You can lay trails of evidence all over the internet that you are involved in "over the counter sales" but if I were you, I would be much smarter than that. But, if you can't spell, then maybe you can't think either.

nephilthim

Please don't start a flame war with me, i'm not interested. I have no agenda. I hate the clubs, and I speak about it openly. I never said they are crackheads. They are cracks in the walls of alleyways. It was meant to be descriptive, that's all. They are fly by nighters, set up one day, gone the next....in the short term, fast quick buck, and get out go somewhere else, change their name, partners, etc. Most are shady, and have no compassion.

I KNOW THIS!
Don't try to BS me or anyone else who has vended to clubs, or any patients that may be naive. The club owners, for the most part are pieces of crap. Many who are not pieces of crap, are nice people who are just profiteers. Then a small few are nice people with a good heart, good motives and a good agenda. The scene is rife with fast buck scam artists and hustlers and gangsters. I know because I have dealt with most of them.

I will give props to the people who are long gone, from Karma on Vanowen. Those were good people with a good heart. Still financially centered, but with much more compassion than I have seen in most other places. I could name a couple more, like the old NNCC group. Those guys too. Pretty cool and tried their best to please everyone. High quality people and meds. Old Kind Meds on Ventura a while back, those guys rocked pretty good energy. But that's about it, and I visited over a hundred clubs up and down the state. There are good people at Harborside too. Debby in Berkeley in very kind hearted and compassionate. The people at WAMM are awesome, of course, a true collective, and probably the only true collective in the state, to this day, maybe.

That's all the good stuff I can say. Most of the rest i think about makes me want to vomit.

i remember karma colective went there once got shut down because of the letter writing campaign and the burglury didn't help.got some amzing chemdawg there that put this dog down.nncc aka budmart gotta love the people and even security is friendly nice.I would recommend a few others if people would want to know p.m. me.

sidewing

around here for top of the line 250 is all day.. 275 is fairly regular... maybe even 300 if they are grabbing zips at a time.. i personally think if u vito corleone them (talk smooth and make make em an offer they cant refuse so to say (majorly in part the bud will have to do the talking)) i think 325 isnt far fetched if they are zipping it grabbing one at a time.. especially if they are 60 an eighthing it to everyone else which they make 480 an oz.. id say stand your ground and get what u deserve for your time effort and love put into the crop.. as far as im concerned clubs should be paying 400 an oz for real deal 100% top of the line like cannabis cup winning weed.. pay for what u get just like anything else in life.. if they dont want to pay the cost then walk away with it without leaving a sample and they will kick themselves thinking of what it would be like to smoke it.. maybe they'll reconsider or at least grab one for themselves at that rate.. basically dont give them the leverage.. great weed u should always be able to get rid of and if u cant then u can come back and get what they want to pay for it..

sidewing

Ill chime in and let you know 1 thing. Dont ever call and ask that question to any dispensary.

From what I know, the tax is never added onto the actual donation price. Its deducted. And tax is a very sensitive issue with any dispensary owner. So asking that will make them really paranoid.

Everyone assumes that dispenaries are taxing the shit out of the patients, ripping off patients left and right.

Take the time to really break down the numbers, add in the volume of donations, compensation to staff, utilities and rent, and all the other cost effect shit out there. Most of these dispensaries with a $60 cap arent ripping anyone off.

But to go back to your question, the most safest position for dispensaries are to let it go for consignment up to a week. I know theres a huge trust issue, I would know I used to be in your shoes. But you got to take a step back to take a leap forward right?

same thing to a grower who is paying for soil, nutrients, sometimes clones/seeds, electricity, taking the risk for the duration of the grow, plus the time for drying/trimming/curing... then gas taking it to the collective cuz they arent picking it up.. there are expenses on both sides.. i personally think for topshelf indoor organic 300 zip minimum is reasonable for nicely manicured and cured buds.. then the club turns and sells it for 60 which is 480.. 450 dollars is a 50% roi.. which should be the maximum for a ROI.. anymore than that is greed.

pugnacious

300 for top shelf organic? Good luck with that buddy. I mean Im pretty sure youll find a club that might pick that up. But I highly doubt it these days. Were getting all our highest top shelf for no more than 3800-4200, and that 200 is usually a consignment tax. 4k a lb for the highest grade kushes, purps, and hybrids that some places still sell at 60+ an 1/8th.

Im guessing your from socal. You go into an average dispensary with average to low foot traffic. With all this heat from the city at the moment (bail prep, lawyer fees, and possible location move.) not to mention staff and security salaries, Web site fees, rent, electricity and sales tax, advertisement fees (kushla, lajemm,weedtracker.) I can go on and on. But im pretty surprised that there are places still picking up there product for 4800 a lb, are they just buying it just to showcase it and attract patients? Im really suprised that some other grower hasnt walked into your contacts place and offered them a way better price for the same if not better quality. When was the last time you vended?

sidewing

i live in central california and if its top shelf nicely manicured they will pay 275 all the way up.. ive checked every collective and have spoken with other vendors and people get (of course the collective wont admit to it to everyone) 43 for the elbow.. and i know for a fact of 3 around my area that will pay 275 no problem for 100% organic indoor nicely manicured and of course dried/cured properly.. the lowballing happens on hash around here.. most places wont seem to pay more than 10 dollars a gram which is fkn ridiculous considering if u made a batch of bubble from 100 grams u will only pull 10g of hash maximum (10% return usually)... so off 100grams u only make 100 bux.. extreme lowballing.. there is a lot of outdoor around still and some of it is good and im sure is being pushed off as indoor but i can tell the difference..

sidewing

Except that gross receipts are not equal to ROI, not by any stretch of the imagination.

true but making 50% roi excluding all other costs off a single zip.. ok well just round to 100 bux profit a zip.. and say in a week they move 30 zips.. which is a low figure in my opinion.. 3 grand profit a week before anything else.. which is an extremely low guesstimate.. im sure its much more.. so no less than 12grand a month.. that is plenty to pay for electricity, and whatever else.. good collectives around here are family operated so they dont pay anybody.. they dont have security guards.. so all i see them paying for is the location rent, electricity, and taxes.. no websites.. no staff sallary.. maybe thats why they are willing to pay more than some socal clubs... besides just because they have to cover the costs doesnt mean that they should be low balling vendors.. if they arent willing to pay what things are worth while still being able to maintain a business then obviously they arent operating right.. u cant lowball a deserving vendor who is just trying to cover his costs as much as they are, simply because they are coming up short on the facility side.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
.. which is a low figure in my opinion.. 3 grand profit a week before anything else.. which is an extremely low guesstimate.. im sure its much more..

Your business degree seems lacking - - and figures based inn your opinion don't pay the bills.

But with your vast expertise, you could be The Donald of meds - or at least not have to buy your meds from others then criticizes those same people.

Ohhh that's right, your a lil short on expertise too. But you don't let that hold you back.

I spend a hella lotta time in other peoples dispensaries and see both sides. In the business sense - dispensary's are retail outlets with a varying degree of compassion.

Landlords, utility company's, legal defense funds, advertising, accountants, security, furnishings, and employees also have varying degrees of compassion, but most of the fore mentioned show damn little compassion about getting paid. That skews your profit margin right out the window - and we haven't GOTTEN TO PROFIT YET.

But your the expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.