What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Perpetual

Just wanted to hear some peoples experiences with vending to a cannabis club, or co-op. Good? Bad? Really want to hear it!

P

Perpetual

Well I am curious to know what your ups and downs have been, maybe what to look out for, or good experiences? I'm sitting with some and haven't done much more than drop off a couple samples with one club. I know it is top notch, but did I ask for too much? What's fair for lows, mids, highs? oz's of bubble?

long overdue edit: ok its not TOP notch :D

P

Perpetual

Is there a way of determining a price to ask, based on what they might sell it for?

G

Greyskull

unfortunately every marketplace is different. get to know your market place as best as you can....experience is the best teacher.
i will say bringing samples IMO isn't the most effective means... most likely they'll smoke it and forget it. I like to let the bulk bag do the talking...

D

dongle69

Not really, every club is different and market price varies by area.
Some clubs have very little markup and some clubs rape the blind.

Heehee we double posted Greyskull..

G

Greyskull

if you have friends that grow or provide perhaps they can tell you what the local market is?

G

Greyskull

damnit dongle we did didn't we?
have i told you i like the way you think ? hehe

P

Perpetual

Nope I don't really have any buds who can help me in that department. No one even really knows I grow it. Might be a good idea to have a circle of friends there, I just worry so much about loose lips.

So just walk and plop a big ole bag on the counter?

D

dongle69

Talk to them first and ask what they want from vendors.
Follow their rules.

D

dongle69

Some clubs won't say anything over the phone, some have armed guards, some are the coolest people, some pay well, some don't.
You just never know until you know... you know?

P

Perpetual

Yeah I guess I need to get out there and see. I wanted to make sure I had some sort of gameplan or standard way of doing things beforehand.

mikessong

You want a ballpark of what to ask for - 50% of what they sell it for. If your buds will bring $50/eigth, you can probably get $200 an ounce, maybe a few hundred more per pound. That's if your buds are better than the average ones which I constantly see vendors bringing in and getting turned away. It seems there are a large number of people with average or below average buds who simply can't get rid of them because of the large amount of competition - even at cut-rate prices because generally patients prefer good stuff. My advice, if you have a market where you know you can get rid of something at a decent price, stay there.

D

dongle69

You want a ballpark of what to ask for - 50% of what they sell it for. If your buds will bring $50/eigth, you can probably get $200 an ounce, maybe a few hundred more per pound.

Perfect example of getting screwed by the clubs.
100% markup is bad for patients and vendors.
Hopefully you can find better in your area.

drymouth

There's a thing called "consignment" in the streets we call it "frontin" don't do it! Not cuzz they'll try to rip you off... but more so on the dea raiding the joint with your med's and money! No club is safe from Leo! if your in the bay area then lbs. go from 2500 - 4000 I've heard of peeps getting 4500 but never really pay much attention when the tell me. 3000 would be prety fair! if your in the southern part of cali... I would'nt really trip as the prices come prety much the same! names to will play a big part(which really should'nt) example:hindu skunk... 3000! chang the name, "Chery pie" 4000 wow! what a differance. Shit sucks how everything now uh days, even pot... have to have some crazy made up name to sell! Thats the shit that got the weed game twisted! But its the truth... peeps would rather buy some shit with a ring to it! real talk.

G

Greyskull

i like to use the terminalogy "net terms" myself.... though i prefer PAID IN FULL at time of delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts