What's new

Vaporizing recommendations?

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
The 7th Floor Life Saber vape lets you pick your own glass and you can just dial in the right temp. Whether you want a milky bong hit or a whisper.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Why would someone get an analogue temperature control unit that can fluctuate in temperatures of 9 degrees Fahrenheit(the site says this) when you can use a digital controlled one that fluctuates just 2 degrees?. If you pack your bowl this temperature can be even lower as too much herb in the bowl lowers the temperature even further.

Maybe the reason you didn't find the digital gave enough heat is because it is more accurate than the classic, and the temperature you chose was actually a little higher then you actually thought it was, but while using the digital it was more close to the temperature you actually wanted. I don't know but the digital is better for temperature control.

You know you need different heat settings for different products right lol.. headband 707:woohoo:

immaculate

Dr. Hornby's HPLC Volcano tests:

all of the active THC is not delivered until bag 4 at setting 7.5.

So once again we make the observation that a level setting of 7.5, or above, is required for 3 bags to deliver activated THC. Lower settings, indeed deliver active medicine in the form of terpenes and aromatics, essential oils long know for therapeutic properties. I have often thought this is where the euphoric experience of cannabis lies in these, also prohibited, oils.

From a lab study:
Theoretically, the vaporizer [they used a Volcano] might have been expected to realize a higher THC delivery efficiency than combustion, since it should have avoided loss of THC by pyrolysis. That this was not observed indicates that there were other inefficiencies in the vaporization process.

Efficiency of a traditional pipe according to Gierenger, et al. measured 78%, with little variance (they used radiating electric heat to torch the bowl, so take off whatever percentage you think is fair for a flame). The vape? High variance, measuring from 36% to 61%. Virtually the same results as doobies (34%-61%).

You may get a euphoric effect, but that doesn't mean you're actually medicating your body.

The things are useless in my opinion.

…large-scale population studies have failed to find any link between cannabis smoking and lung cancer or other respiratory ailments. Since the cannabinoids THC and cannabidiol (CBD) have both been shown to have cancer-fighting properties, scientists speculate that cannabinoids may have a prophylactic effect against damage that the tars and other potentially harmful chemicals present in cannabis smoke would otherwise cause. – Lee, G., and Sun, D.J., Ed Rosenthal’s Marijuana Grower’s Handbook.

whodare

Veteran
Sorry but if it came from "dr" Hornby or rosenthall it's probably bullshit.

Those guys are some scammers.

And so what, even if they were no more efficient, it's better than combustion and inhaling all at smoke.

immaculate

Sorry but if it came from "dr" Hornby or rosenthall it's probably bullshit.

Those guys are some scammers.

And so what, even if they were no more efficient, it's better than combustion and inhaling all at smoke.

Okay, I'm not even touching the first part. I cited multiple sources/studies.

I think vaporizers ruin the taste of bud. The first "green" hit tastes okay, the rest are almost unbearable. And in my opinion, vaporizers just give bud the same generic taste. I don't even notice or taste certain flavors until I torch the plant.

For me, burning is also part of the process and the feeling. And again, I've cited at least two medical experts (and there are many now) who point to the fact that smoking the shit doesn't cause respiratory illness. So that argument is fallacious.

whodare

Veteran
No you didn't, you linked to a website that talks about a study the great dr Hornby did.

Puh leeez

At best his study shows the inaccuracy of the volcano temp dial.

And your right the second third and fourth burns don't taste as good, but I didn't know you could combust a bowl four times without packing it fresh.

I get 16-20 solid hits from vape bowl burnt four times, the comparable amount would last me 2.5 hits in my bong.

A vape bowl lasts a while as I usually burn it twice then chill for a few hours then burn two more bags. All off one bowl

I'd have smoked 4 or 5 bong bowls by then.

Smoking cannabis may not cause cancer but I guarantee it will reduce respiratory function and efficiency, which is kind of important for many sick cannabis users.

whodare

Veteran
Haha this quote sums it up perfect. From your article.

You’re wrong on a few points.

First, Dr. Hornby did find that the THC-A was decarboxylated and the THC boiled off in the volcano and here were the exact words:

http://www.torontohemp.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2400
“We did another experiment to six bags and behold, ALL IS GONE!!!!!!!
THC acid, converted THC, CBN and CBD, all gone skyward.
This is at Volcano setting 7 and six bags were taken.
So between 2 bags, where virtually all the THC is still present,
and bag six the THC is being boiled off. To 2 bags it’s all
terpenes and aromatics.

Suppose, we will have to narrow it down, to see if there is
one bag where the THC, fly’s, at setting 7. Bet it’s bag 4.
We’ll see…”

What needs to be done is showing people how to use a vaporizer right because using it the way you use a bong or pipe is not going to work for the best results. Besides eating(if it’s done right) nothing compares to vaporizing due to the fact that you can manipulate the temperature and release substances in their pure form with no degradation and concentration unlike smoking which brings with it unwanted materials and dilutes the active ingredients as well as burn most of it.

Stonefree69

Veteran
For me, burning is also part of the process and the feeling. And again, I've cited at least two medical experts (and there are many now) who point to the fact that smoking the shit doesn't cause respiratory illness. So that argument is fallacious.
Smoke from combustion in any form can be harmful, that's obvious. Unless blessed by Jesus and approved by the Pope.

BudToaster

Veteran
many people switch to vaporizing the herb when they are sick and tired of hacking up flem in the morning or coughing in the middle of the night.

i can vape as much as i want, but one joint/pipe hit and my lungs complain (adult on-set asthma, or some such).

i personally, having experienced it for a while now, will never consider a vaporizer that doesn't have a digital display of heater temperature. showing the setpoint temperature would be nice, but knowing the actual heater temp is most important, ime.

Stonefree69

Veteran
The problem w/the digital Volcano is I hate bag vapes and prefer straight GOG (glass on glass). IMO it gets stale within seconds just like in a bong hit that doesn't get done right away.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Vapexhale Cloud @ max temperature.

GoG air pathway, 18.8mm male joint, etc....

BEST VAPORIZER ON THE MARKET
, HANDS DOWN

Beats Volcano, SSV, Da Budda, EQ, etc

You'll thank me after trying one. Best thing since sliced bread.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
yes vapexhale cloud is amazing. not at max temp though gross

I still like the convenience of my EQ. leave it on all day. pack an elbow as needed.also I like vaping elbows of dry sift. will buy a cloud next year though prob

bloyd

Veteran
The Cloud is great. I was an early adopter. I recently picked up a toro macro single xl can bubbler that I use the cloud with and I am pretty convinced I have reached nirvana.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
yes vapexhale cloud is amazing. not at max temp though gross

I still like the convenience of my EQ. leave it on all day. pack an elbow as needed.also I like vaping elbows of dry sift. will buy a cloud next year though prob

I've never had an issue with taste, at any temperature. WORLDS better flavor then smoking.....

The high temp setting is primarily for full extraction, you won't miss CBD/CBN with the full temp. Same "result" as smoking.

Dry sift is great in the elbows! Crumbled bubble hash is probably my favorite. I like to smear a dab worth of oil/errl on the inside of the elbow lid too, pressed into a elbow w/herb. Full temp is plenty to 100% vape any oil I've ever made, it's very nice. :biggrin:

The Cloud is great. I was an early adopter. I recently picked up a toro macro single xl can bubbler that I use the cloud with and I am pretty convinced I have reached nirvana.

Nice grab Bloyd! The more I experiment, the more I like smaller pieces too. From macros to pillars, it works incredibly well. Currently running the Cloud through about 6 pieces, vaping couldn't get much better.

Mia

Cloud is nice, loading a bowl as we type...I have the dial at 3:00.
Don't buy into the digital hype. I had an analog volcano for years and years that worked flawlessly. Regret selling it.

T

Truthman

Vapexhale Cloud @ max temperature.

GoG air pathway, 18.8mm male joint, etc....

BEST VAPORIZER ON THE MARKET
, HANDS DOWN

Beats Volcano, SSV, Da Budda, EQ, etc

You'll thank me after trying one. Best thing since sliced bread.

I wouldn't say it's the best vaporizer on the market. If you want an exact AIRFLOW(not just heater) temperature from the top to bottom of the bowl, quick temperature variable setting, and want to take in very little herb at a time for a more concentrated essential oil, cannabinoid hit at a good ratio to air so you can get as high as you can(besides eating herb), it isn't good for that. It is the BEST for being able to hold it's heater temperature so you can take bong like tokes, and get a quick, sympathetic nervous system high(adrenaline rush) which is still fun once in a while.

For the super duper, all day high, you need to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, and to do this you want thin(almost invisible) vapor as it will blend in with the air in your lungs, and not cause a reaction in the body that something is wrong, and the lungs need oxygen so it goes into fight-or-flight response which most people associate with a strong high but it's the tip of what you can do with inhaling herb. To achieve this really strong high or medicinal effect you need something that won't dilute the vapor too much with a lot of air, let you know the exact airflow temperature so you can know the exact or approximate temperature for the substance you want(which is easy to find online or with the mercks index), and can reach temperatures quick so you don't have to wait too long, as well as have water to cool, and filter, the small plant matter that get released . The only vaporizer I know that does this is the Aromed, but because a lot of people don't like the looks or the slow, medium inhale you have to do, and don't really care about actual temperature(they just want to get high and enjoy the flavor) they don't like it, and the cloud fills in that need for a super fast extraction, while also giving a choice to use glass pieces from numerous sources so more power to them for filling a hole in the industry.

T

Truthman

Cloud is nice, loading a bowl as we type...I have the dial at 3:00.
Don't buy into the digital hype. I had an analog volcano for years and years that worked flawlessly. Regret selling it.

I wouldn't call it hype because I need to know what temperature I'm working with so I can vape different substances I want to vape as close to their boiling points as I can without causing any degradation. Digital makes this possible.

Mia

Good point. Temps are correlated with the analog dial but I don't know how precisely.
I do appreciate what you're saying though.

T

Truthman

Use an infrared heat gun to see what they are?
The fact of the matter is, the analog system will hold it's temperature perfectly well, you just want a nice digital display. Volcano has correlated the temps. to the unit markings on the analog dial, how precise they are is a different story, I don't know. Yet regardless, it is just a matter of figuring it out what it actually is. It does not change and holds within a certain range on both models and adjusts accordingly when out of range on both models. I'm pretty sure the heating and control mechanism are exactly the same on both. To sum it up the only difference is the analog signals that actually do the work are converted to digital for visual purposes only.
I do appreciate what you're saying though.

It isn't that easy, especially with the volcano.

The site tells you themselves, that the classic has a fluctuation of 9 degrees, and the digital a fluctuation of 2 degrees. That is a big difference for roughly the same price.(the digital is $130 more) It's very important if you care about what you're vaping, want it pure as possible, and your spending a lot of money.