What's new

Vaporizing recommendations?

Vape-pro

Check out vriptech. com . It nice cause you hit out of your favorite smoking bong, not a tube or bag. Been using it for a few years now , wouldn't ever consider anything else after using it. peace

S

SeaMaiden

Dave and I have been looking at vaporizers. I've used a Volcano, and it's a nice vape but it's a pain in the ass, especially trying to pass that bag around. I like the whip-style vaporizers, so I've been looking at two 7th Floor models, the Da Buddha and the Silver Surfer. I'm liking the Silver Surfer a bit more, just my own aesthetics.

I'm also looking at the little bitty personal vaporizers. I've seen those used often, but with bubble hash or oil, not ground up weed.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vaporizing recommendations

Vaporizing recommendations

more bags.......

vs.gif
vs.gif
vs.gif
vs.gif

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I use an Airizer Solo... works great. It has 7 different temp settings. I run mine on either 4 or 5 depending on the strain and how well the weed is cured. Drier product works best on 4 for me and product that's a little fresher, I go to 5 and get nice hits. The main reason I went with the Solo was because of it's portability. A fully charged battery usually lasts me the whole day, but recharging is very easy and quick. I even have an inverter in my car, so if i'm on a long trip, I can charge up while nocking back the miles. Check it out...

mgk :tiphat:

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Vapes are 100% flavor when used right. I can barely stand the taste from combustion anymore... all i taste is tar when i use a lighter or wick.

Got pneumonia about 6 months back and went to vaping full time after I got better.

Now hitting a joint, which I loved to do, tasted nasty... pipes even worse.

And I'm running a couple miles a day to boot, without collapsing a lung.

immaculate

Vaporization is perfect in theory but tends to unsatisfactorily slow, requires lots of mucking around and lacks immediate impact in practice compared to a lighter, a bowl and a lighter.

If you are worried about tar from burning bud, do what Middle Easterners have been doing to centuries and dry sift bud, discard the hay and smoke the essence to minimize the tar and maximize the onset of the high's impact. A few matchhead sized pieces of pure dry sifted resin can be in your lungs and zinging your brain in seconds, while the same amount of resin in a bud when vaporized takes several or more minutes to vape.

When vaping impact, ease and speed of use improves (and it will) I will be the first to buy that contraption and give vaping a go again..until then ...where's the lighter?

:tiphat: http://herban-legends.net/vaporizer-shmaporizer/

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
My Arizer Extreme Q is set up and ready to rip in under 5 minutes.... most of the time it would've taken me longer than that to locate my lighter and pipe/tube/papers.
the EQ can be used with bags, whip or attached to a filtration device (tube, bubbler, etc), has a digital temp adjustment, has a 3 speed fan to fill bags or to speed up the heating process when you first start it up.
Vapes are 100% flavor when used right. I can barely stand the taste from combustion anymore... all i taste is tar when i use a lighter or wick.
Hey Pete your post is the straw that broke the camels back, I got the Vapir one 5.0 and it was fine but the Extreme Q is the budget volcano and I am totally convinced it is just as good and I like the glass options cause I really want to experiment with essential oils etc. So I am waiting on the EQ. Thanks for the input all, plus I heard you can use the cooking bags from the grocery store for vaping, correct me if I am wrong please.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Looks very cool actually, reminds me of the Embur a bit, there are alot of options and if I was a young buck I would have one on my coffee table all the time. ;)

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I Like the Launch box for discreet portability for sure, however all my luck on the slopes means I crash worse and feel less till the meds are gone LOL!!! If I smoked while boarding I swear I would be wearing Hockey pants.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I Like the Launch box for discreet portability for sure, however all my luck on the slopes means I crash worse and feel less till the meds are gone LOL!!! If I smoked while boarding I swear I would be wearing Hockey pants.

Peace

Seems I am learning the quick reply option doesnt allow others to see what I am responding to... Ha sorry folks.

I must be ageing

T

thesloppy

When vaping impact, ease and speed of use improves (and it will) I will be the first to buy that contraption and give vaping a go again..until then ...where's the lighter?

That's pretty much been my experience as well. I've had an SSV for somewheres around 5 years, and as lame as it sounds, the extra seconds, and effort involved was always enough to make vaporizing a secondary activity. When you're talking about a fraction of a second, and a flick of your thumb, versus warming/grinding/attachments/whatevs can make a big difference.

To that end, I modified my SSV, to make it as easy/fast as possible. I basically just jammed the wand apparatus into my bong, and use the SSV as a lighter. I can leave the unit on, and then it's ready for whenever I want it, and if I'm really lazy I can just jam a bud in there without grinding it, and it will still vape just fine, as long as you mangle/stir it with a poker, in between hits. I wrapped the SSV in some gummy bath mat to make it easier to hold, and avoid the oven mitt issue mentioned upthread (seriously? An oven mitt is the best solution they could come up with? Now, that's inconvenient). It's allllllmost as easy as using a lighter. It's also pretty close to the usage of the Life Saber and Vapolution (and one of those is probably what I'd buy if cash were no issue and/or I didn't already have a vape).

All of that said, my vape is still my secondary means of use, because I'm a lazy bastard, and although it's now very close to the immediate delivery, and ease of use of a lighter, it's still not quite there yet.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
LOL hockey pants, that is a great idea

you will not be disappointed with the EQ, use mine every day. I recommend getting some 7th Floor (Silver Surfer) tubing, the standard whip is kind of stiff and plasticy, hard to remove. try the elbow pack method.

yes you can use those turkey oven bags from grocery store, but they are annoying, too crinkly and loud to fill

S

SeaMaiden

That's pretty much been my experience as well. I've had an SSV for somewheres around 5 years, and as lame as it sounds, the extra seconds, and effort involved was always enough to make vaporizing a secondary activity. When you're talking about a fraction of a second, and a flick of your thumb, versus warming/grinding/attachments/whatevs can make a big difference.
That's been my concern. I like to keep a joint rolled, and it's often hanging out of my mouth, especially when I'm doing stuff.

But wait! You don't just talk about the problem, you come up with a solution. And that's where it's at. Solutions.
To that end, I modified my SSV, to make it as easy/fast as possible. I basically just jammed the wand apparatus into my bong, and use the SSV as a lighter. I can leave the unit on, and then it's ready for whenever I want it, and if I'm really lazy I can just jam a bud in there without grinding it, and it will still vape just fine, as long as you mangle/stir it with a poker, in between hits.
I can do that. This is making me feel more serious about a SSV.

I wrapped the SSV in some gummy bath mat to make it easier to hold, and avoid the oven mitt issue mentioned upthread (seriously? An oven mitt is the best solution they could come up with? Now, that's inconvenient). It's allllllmost as easy as using a lighter. It's also pretty close to the usage of the Life Saber and Vapolution (and one of those is probably what I'd buy if cash were no issue and/or I didn't already have a vape).

All of that said, my vape is still my secondary means of use, because I'm a lazy bastard, and although it's now very close to the immediate delivery, and ease of use of a lighter, it's still not quite there yet.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/vape2.jpg]View Image[/url]
Very cool and thanks for sharing. What's the oven mitt for? Does the unit really get that hot? How about an OvGlove? Seriously, an oven mitt?

Why do you think you'd now prefer the Life Saber and/or Vapolution? What features, pros, cons are standing out for you?

:thank you:

S

SeaMaiden

I'll vape via a SSV with you, any day. Or night.

Btw, dear...

YAHTZEE!

T

thesloppy

Hehe. You two.

I contacted the SSV customer support last year about blowing me a glass piece that was just a ground joint on one end, and a vape head on the other....basically just a bowl sized version of what I've got, with a ground joint, rather than masking tape jammed into the joint. They quoted me $30, which isn't bad, I just never ordered it, but you might consider it, if you like that route.

Very cool and thanks for sharing. What's the oven mitt for? Does the unit really get that hot? How about an OvGlove? Seriously, an oven mitt?

Yeah, it does. The SSV is just one big piece of aluminum, so if you leave it on for a while, it will eventually just keep getting hotter, until it's hard to handle. It never gets to the point where it's dangerous or it'll burn you or anything, but it's uncomfortable to hold, and I guess the vapolution shares that problem, and their solution was to start sending out an oven mitt with their unit. The gummy stuff I put around my SSV is perforated, and allows for some ventilation, which keeps it just barely cool enough to handle, without handwear.

Why do you think you'd now prefer the Life Saber and/or Vapolution? What features, pros, cons are standing out for you?

Pretty much just that they've got a ground glass joint going straight to the bowl, without a whip or anything (and without the need for a masking tape DIY job). Personally I'm more comfortable with the light saber, if only because it's made by the folks who made the SSV, and because it appears to have been designed with the heat issue in mind...it's body itself is ventilated, which appears to be enough to dissipate the heat. I like the vapolution's heater design...the heater's on the outside of the airpath and never actually comes into contact with the air, whereas the SSV and light saber are drawing air directly across the heating unit. No idea if that has any actual benefit, though. I haven't used either of 'em, so I'm only working on my imagination when it comes to those two.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
LOL hockey pants, that is a great idea

you will not be disappointed with the EQ, use mine every day. I recommend getting some 7th Floor (Silver Surfer) tubing, the standard whip is kind of stiff and plasticy, hard to remove. try the elbow pack method.

yes you can use those turkey oven bags from grocery store, but they are annoying, too crinkly and loud to fill

Thanks for the Info, I am waiting on my EQ and am not worried about noise, just cost of use. I am so glad I started this thread it likely saved me a pile of dough with the learning curve.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
votes here for the arizers, both the tower and the portable. i was a doubter about vaping, then vaping without a bag, until i tried these. the portable is great, maynard g krebs' experience is bang on with mine.

but i will agree with chamba that the best "clean" (or nearly clean) hit is from nice kief.