What's new

Vaporizing recommendations?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,
My lungs are rebelling and I have come to that point where I must give up combustion.

I have been using my cheap china box vaporizer from just over a week.

I have purchased a new Arizer EQ that is slated for delivery tomorrow.

Anyway, for this week I have been vaping at a "indicated" temp of 330*F.

I would gently pull on the whip and watch the vapor flow in the wand.

I would gently pull on the wand until the mix was a dark golden brown. Almost to the point of charring/blackening.

OK, the more buds I toasted the higher I would get.

But it was not the stone I was looking for. It was a way up high which was great for the day but not the couchlock I like at night.

I read that the cannabinoid profile of the material vaporizes at different temps.

Ok, I am down with that.

Now this is what has me baffled.

If I am toasting my buds to near combustion or to the point where they turn black, would I have not passed through the temperature range of each cannabinoid within the material even if I have it set at 330*F?

I have noticed that if I pull harder on the whip at lower temps I get a thicker vapor that gets me soaring but no stone.

Then I thought well try setting the temp higher and try that.

Well I did and it seems I am very stoned but still cognoscente.

So, am I to infer that a lower vapor temp for a more cerebral high and a higher vapor temp for a stoney buzz?

Is there a way to get that buzz from a pipe in a vaporizier? Am I going to have to get used to it? Will little Timmy ever find out who his father really was? Tune in next week for another exciting episode of "Vaporizing Recommendations"

Also, am I going to see a difference in the new EQ over the cheap china box?

minds_I

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I think I'm going to get myself a vape that I can use with flowers. I've seen some tobacco liquid nicotine vaporizer pens and I think I could modify one for flowers? Prob just oil. So the ones at corner stores are probably useless for me. Trip to the headshop

badonkadank

For a portable one i would go for the davinci ascent,similar to the solo but better IMHO and it comes with chambers for oil(bho)& I believe it works with hash.

Enchantre

Tempurature is important, but also air flow, and how quickly the herb reaches full temp to release all the elements.

And, yes you do get them all... but, maybe the high-temp ones are overpowering the lower temp ones, so you don't notice them?

I start vaping at 280F-ish, and move up to about 400F over time, to get all those from my meds.

I've heard good things about the EQ. Hope you love it.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
Life Saber is pretty killer for less than $200, seems to fly under the radar for some reason. Its similar to a Silver Surfer but better. hard hitting all glass wand/whip thing is tasty as hell, way better than a plastic whip. can also hook it a bong, is almost as good as a vapexhale cloud