What's new

Vaporizing recommendations?

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I would like to know what the industry standard is on vaporizers, I have always smoked but since moving my asthma is kicking in bad, it was recommended i start vaporizing but there is so much out there, I can't spend the coin on a volcano and I have been looking at the Vapir products, also heard some good stuff about the silver surfer, any advice would be welcomed.

salamandra

I'm in love with the "life saber"!!! Can't afford it though! :petting:

Why? well its all glass, easy cleaning . No smelly plastic tubes getting stained by use!
Comes with a hemp bag! :woohoo:

Disclaimer: Never owned a vaporizer before!

Sour Deez

I have an Silver Surfer Vape (SSV), thing is a beast, everyone who owns one loves it, reasonably priced also, believe its like 250-300. http://silversurfervap.com/

The same company makes a slighty different stlye called Da Budda Vape (DBV), little bit cheaper. http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/

Check them out, those are my reccomendations. Those are both whip style vapes.

If your into the bags like the volcano, check out the extreme q. (Can actually do both bags and whip style)

Just dont spend 600$ on a volcano, there are better options for cheaper price.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
silver Surfer seems to be it, I have to order one up read lotsa goodness about it, I may have an opertunity to get a Arizer V-tower extreme used for a decent price I may get both tee hee, anyhow thanks again for the info, I love this sight it is so pro compared to the rest.

Sour Deez

SSV also has the option between different heater cover/wands. There are 3 options, standard, ground glass and spherical ground glass (SGG).

I would rule out the ground glass right off the bat, although its hands free which is kinda nice, but u have no control over the placement of the incoming hot air. Higher possiblitly to get a char spot.

With the standard and SGG you can turn and maneuver the wand and get a nice proper coverage of the herb, dont have to worry bout buring cause you can constantly turn the wand to get the hot air to hit every bit of herb. Just have more control. The standard still seems to be the fan favorite.

BL4ZE20

It depends on your needs really. The ssv was my first vape and it was good for it's intented purpose. My favorite is the newer Vapexhale cloud which is much more suitable for using with glass pieces. The heat retention is also much better which is very important for vaping.

BudToaster

Veteran
it's not "heat retention" so much as dynamic heater control. i agree that accurate heater control is extremely important.

That said, the Vapolution 2.0 is all glass air path, which is also important to me. i would probably add a computer controlled heater to the vapolution if i didn't already make my own vape.

Vapolution is about $120
Cloud is about $450 -- now comes with a free oven glove so you can hold it after it's been on for a while.

i caught a case of asthma about 12 years ago and i can only use a vaporizer now. one hit from a pipe or bubbler and my lungs hate me.

check out vaporpedia (.com) and/or fuck combustion (.com) for lots of detail info about all vapes.

F

Funion

I use the Da Buddha vape with the straight six perc water cooler (smaller than you would expect). It is a perfect combo with very milky hits. I have no desire to change/improve upon this set-up. My only complaint is that the taste is compromised with a filter.
I tried a volcano the other day for the first time. Meh

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
it's not "heat retention" so much as dynamic heater control. i agree that accurate heater control is extremely important.

That said, the Vapolution 2.0 is all glass air path, which is also important to me. i would probably add a computer controlled heater to the vapolution if i didn't already make my own vape.

Vapolution is about $120
Cloud is about $450 -- now comes with a free oven glove so you can hold it after it's been on for a while.

i caught a case of asthma about 12 years ago and i can only use a vaporizer now. one hit from a pipe or bubbler and my lungs hate me.

check out vaporpedia (.com) and/or fuck combustion (.com) for lots of detail info about all vapes.

Hey guys thanks for the info, I watched a vid of the cloud in use on youtube, the hits looked a little to baby blue for my lungs to handle, I prefer white cloud , as oppose to blue cloud. I think its funny you need and oven mit to handle it, how many stoners got burned before that was included lol. Still searching and reading and watching all this info, Thanks fot he links Bud I really appreciate it and any information. I really value anyones opinions. This is a hugemarket that has been exploding over the past ten years, there really is something for anyone.... I love it Bitches!!!

dddaver

Veteran
I have the Vapolution, and I like the "glass-on-glass" technolgy. Very clean and healthful in my eyes. Unlike some other vapes, you're supposed to roll the weed so it keeps in a pretty tight ball in the tube/bowl . Came with either a food grade plastic whip or (like I use) a universal glass bowl thing, I forget what they call it thing, works great. But since you have asthma and that one requires some pull by the lungs, I would have to recommend one with a fan or a bag. Have fun.

BudToaster

Veteran
blue clouds are actually better -- gentler, lower temp vapor. white might have some near combustion components.

C

Chamba

Vaporization is perfect in theory but tends to unsatisfactorily slow, requires lots of mucking around and lacks immediate impact in practice compared to a lighter, a bowl and a lighter.

If you are worried about tar from burning bud, do what Middle Easterners have been doing to centuries and dry sift bud, discard the hay and smoke the essence to minimize the tar and maximize the onset of the high's impact. A few matchhead sized pieces of pure dry sifted resin can be in your lungs and zinging your brain in seconds, while the same amount of resin in a bud when vaporized takes several or more minutes to vape.

When vaping impact, ease and speed of use improves (and it will) I will be the first to buy that contraption and give vaping a go again..until then ...where's the lighter?

BudToaster

Veteran
90 second warm up, then 5 1/2 minutes of vapor. maybe i've slowed down since getting into my 60s. it suits me, nice ritual, and no asthma response.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Arizer Extreme Q is set up and ready to rip in under 5 minutes.... most of the time it would've taken me longer than that to locate my lighter and pipe/tube/papers.
the EQ can be used with bags, whip or attached to a filtration device (tube, bubbler, etc), has a digital temp adjustment, has a 3 speed fan to fill bags or to speed up the heating process when you first start it up.
Vapes are 100% flavor when used right. I can barely stand the taste from combustion anymore... all i taste is tar when i use a lighter or wick.

Growcephus

Veteran
Vaporization is perfect in theory but tends to unsatisfactorily slow, requires lots of mucking around and lacks immediate impact in practice compared to a lighter, a bowl and a lighter.

When vaping impact, ease and speed of use improves (and it will) I will be the first to buy that contraption and give vaping a go again..until then ...where's the lighter?

That's a fair assessment.

There IS a learning curve with vapes, and each vape will be different. They certainly don't provide the speed and consistency you can achieve with combustion, until you get your technique down. Once you learn how to use your particular model, however, they simply ROCK.

I've got a "Da Buddah", and it works extremely well, and fits my needs perfectly. It took a little bit of experimentation to find the heat setting and pull rate that I like, but once dialed in, the thing works like a champ. I use it with my bong, as I find it's easier to monitor your pull rate because you can see the vapor building up in the bong tube. One full bong tube of vape does the job right nicely.

IMO, vapes are well worth the effort needed to learn how to use. They leave a smaller odor signature, have a lesser impact on your lungs, and make your weed last longer. All good things, and those benefits make up for the lack of convenience combustion offers IMO.

Good luck to you.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I am trying a couple, I bought the Cheap chinese Vape, for like 35 bucks, don't waste your time it makes me nervous the way it smells of fumes when it heats up LOL!!, I am picking up a Vapir ONE 5.0 it is suppose to be decent it should be in by the end of the week. If that doesn't do it, I am gonna drop some dough on the Arizer Extreme Q. most reliable reviews seem to put it second to the volcano which I have to say is a bit over priced compared to what the EQ is, I watched a youtube side by side Bag Vape and the Volcano was faster but there was no marginal difference in the vapor, I will save a few hundred bones and go with the EQ if the Vapir One doesn't pan out. Thanks for the feed back, much apprerciated Folks. I love the innanet