What's new

Vaporizers?

SoloGro57

Well at least you have it working. I'm using the balloon elbow with my whip too. I was tapping on it to clear the duff with the heavy end of the glass poker and it shattered. I haven't replaced it yet. They do give you plenty of extra glass and screens with it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya it's all good I got 4 screens now. Im going to try the Balloon tonight before a crash. I did see a adaptor to hook up your water pipe to the vap not sure how that works.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good News they are going to send me a replacement for free. I ordered a new one anyway but oh well. so now I will have a extra whip Elbow.

SoloGro57

That's great...

That's great...

Good News they are going to send me a replacement for free. I ordered a new one anyway but oh well. so now I will have a extra whip Elbow.

I was pretty sure they'd take care of you. You have every right to expect that everything be in working condition when it arrives new on your doorstep.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
is it cheaper to get them straight from the manufacturer or 3rd party sites like amazon or ebay etc..?? I am seriously considering purchasing one now and the extreme seems like the way to go for price & quality. Thanks

Perpetual Nooch

I just got a V-Tower vaporizer not too long ago and I will tell you I will never go back to smoking. Not only because it is not the healthy choice but because now that I've tasted vape'd cannabis anything combusted (joints, bowls, pipes) just tastes bad to me. Anyone else experience this? It's like when I quit smoking for a couple weeks then lit up a cig and it just tasted like chit.

Another benefit of the vaporizer is the amount of weed I save. I don't use as much and get just has high, all day long.

The only con I can think of for vaporizers is the price but the V-Tower at around $180-200 CDN is a bargain compared to the Volcano at $600-700. But, then again by using less weed the unit will quickly pay for itself.

MrGreen

I just got a V-Tower vaporizer not too long ago and I will tell you I will never go back to smoking. Not only because it is not the healthy choice but because now that I've tasted vape'd cannabis anything combusted (joints, bowls, pipes) just tastes bad to me. Anyone else experience this? It's like when I quit smoking for a couple weeks then lit up a cig and it just tasted like chit.

Another benefit of the vaporizer is the amount of weed I save. I don't use as much and get just has high, all day long.

The only con I can think of for vaporizers is the price but the V-Tower at around $180-200 CDN is a bargain compared to the Volcano at $600-700. But, then again by using less weed the unit will quickly pay for itself.

Yep, the taste is amazing as long as you have good weed. It's so hard for me to smoke now, but sometimes a few hits on the road necessitate the use of a pipe.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been using the extreme for a few days now and I have to say it's the best unit I have used. I have used the Volcano and it takes about 2min for that to heat up this unit take 30-45 sec. Best unit I have ever used !!!!

Tropical

I agree about the taste. If you wont to get stoned on the road, why not just get a cig-adapter or inverter? I also have a butane powered iolite for when I'm away from home. I can fit it, with all accessories in my cargo pocket.

SoloGro57

yea the Extreme is a very nice piece.... I have an Iolite too, and for what it does, it can't be beat.

I will take the duff out of the iolite and run it thru the extreme at a bit higher temp to get everything out of it.

Gilligan turned me on to a great economical vaporizer. A Sears Heavy Duty Heat Gun ($110) http://bit.ly/4Ailp4 , paired with an adapter (he made) to hold screens, product, attached to a Reynolds Turkey Roasting bag (changeable). You can dial in different types of weed to their optimum temperature. Heating, at your setting, is essentially instantaneous, and the fill is quick; bag will need changing once every month, or two. Fast and dependable, and guaranteed by Sears, Reynolds, and Gilligan. Thinking Gilligan should be making, and selling, these adapters as a side business, at $25 a pop, in every color available (PS, I should have asked Gilligan about the price; they are well worth whatever he wants to charge; maybe I'll go into business with him)

I have been doing two fills per load, the second at first temp +100 degrees. seems to work exceptionally well.

TooNormal

Da Buddah

Da Buddah

Ok, so I got my Da Buddah vaporizer about a week ago.

I've gotta say, for the money it is an excellent whip-style "first-vape". The price point wasn't prohibitive to "start" with Vapes and see if you like it. Sure it's not a $40 China knock-off, but it's built solidly, and I like the fact you can easily see the air/vapor path is "all glass" [well ceramic in the case of the heating element].

Sure, it's not digital, but beyond a little "hunt and seek" the first couple times around, the lack of a digital gauge hasn't been a problem. I just marked the low/high range with a Sharpie and keep within those lines.

And holy @#$% talk about high. It sneaks up on you because your not feeling your lungs/throat burn, and there's no carbon-monoxide/oxygen-deprivation buzz like when you first hit smoke. So you keep drawing on the whip thinking "Ok, well I'm not there yet.. or the air must not be hot enough yet" etc. - then you take the bowl off the heater, realizing it's all golden-brown and vaped and then the HIGH-life truck rolls over you - WHAM!

I can see myself not smoking any more, or at least only smoking in social situations where a vape isn't available.

The other good thing I didn't realize is how little it would smell!
That's great in the fall/winter for people like us who like to keep the windows open -- particularly if your nosy neighbors 3 doors down seem to have inherited the genetic scent capabilities of a Bluetick Bloodhound.

And someone else already mentioned it, but definitely the taste is better -- maybe that "Cheese" will really taste like cheese now instead of tar-encrusted char-cheese.

I also looked at the Extreme after finding this thread, and I gotta admit it's a slick looking, multi-tasking piece of kit, but I'm happy with my Buddah for now [well until it breaks, or I see a need for bags - which might be a while given the way this looks built].

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I was doing research on vapes for a few hours today and have concluded that I will be buying Purple Days. It is meant to be plugged in 24/7 (8 watts max, very low power consumption), and is very durable and simple to use. I suggest researching this vape, commonly referred to as PD. It is supposedly one of the most efficient vapes around.

About $180 BUT there's a 9 week waiting list. They're all hand made.

tokinGLX

ive been an avid vapier ever since i first hit a vape back in the summer of 05.
i didnt cough for 5 minutes after every hit, lungs and whole body felt better overall while i was getting much higher off of vaping a half gram than i was smoking a dub.

i use a ssv, every now and then(or when friends come over) i will plug it into the bubbler for some real knock you on your ass hits.
a pic of my black one and a friends green machine-
greenssv2.jpg

Piel

Veteran
Vaping is great! And the lack of smell is excellent.

But I had a friend over during the weekend and we took some bong-hits and man did that blow me away! It must be 6 months since I hit the bong but man was it fun!

No I´ll vape another six months and then "blast away"!

not me I have a hands free vapor warze. just nothing like the flame on the flower. Vap tastes a little like hash oil to me, i like that. For effect a hemp paper rolled j is my favorite. Followed by a bong, then rice paper j, then pipe the vap. My vap sits on the shelf.

fdish

I use a volcano vaporizor and have not had bronchitis since. I used to get it regularly by smoking too much. I find I use more vaporizing but get sick less. You can try them in BC,Toronto, Hamilton, Vancouver.

Latest posts

Latest posts