What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizers?

You're kidding, right?

Yes...Absolutly! No Kidding.

Ours came with a big aroma therapy bowl and a bag of dried flower type stuff. When we're not using the Extreme, we stick the herb bowl on it. So far, anyone who notices the machine thinks it's one of my wife's crazy air freshener contraptions.

No one has even remotly guessed it's for grass. Not even stoner types!

Cheers,
S_F

BudToaster

Veteran
The Extreme is great also ... what pot smoker wouldn't dig the remote.

my gf wouldn't ... she would throw it off the balcony and could probably whip it into the river.

TooNormal

Anyone used a 'Da Buddha' from the same ppl that make the SSV?

Looking at a vape, and did some research which seems to point at the DBV for my requirements/price-point, but haven't seen anything on it here in this thread or in these forums much.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had 1 for a few years now and loved it. Im now looking for a replacement but cant get anything over 100$. I found many the one that caught my eye is this model. My previous model was a forced air unit that made so much noise that it bothered everyone. So im looking for one that is quite. Any thoughts on this unit. These have been selling for around 60$. I have used a Volcano and I can not understand why these units our so expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330363820976&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

SoloGro57

Hammerhead: Don't do it!

Hammerhead: Don't do it!

I bought one and it died on me within 2 months. No factory warranty, no seller's warranty. It's garbage.

I can recommend anything by Arizer. I have had my extreme vapor tower for six months and still love it. Plus there's a warranty.

ace

I just ordered an Extreme too! Comes with a free grinder and free shipping. $263 shipped. If Rez likes it I'm sure I will too. I've tried the Volcano and liked it but you're locked into bags. I was looking at the Silver Surfer or Da Budda and your locked into a whip. With the Extreme you can go bags, passive whip or fan powered hits.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You got yours a bit cheaper I paid 280 with shipping. I did not get mine off of ebay. I still think its well worth it considering what I was going to get.

Last edited:

Piel

Veteran
I´ve been using the Vapir 2 for some time now and it works very well. I´ve only used the whip, no bags for me!, with no complaints. The ideal temp seems to be 177C.

SergeantGod

Use to smoke regularly but gave it up in my late 40s.

So after 15 years of not smoking i've returned because it really helps me medicinally.

Can't do joints because the stuff i grow is so, so potent. The ONE HIT WONDER is here and growing in my basement.

So, when you vape, do you still get as high as when you take a toke from a pipe or bong?

Anyone know what happened to the TOKER II? It was a great bong.

SGT God,
(and yes I was a sergeant in the 60s)

SoloGro57

Vaporizers: Do They Work?

Vaporizers: Do They Work?

Short answer: Hell yes!

Long answer: I was in the same situation a couple of years ago. I thought a vaporizer was what u put in ur kids room when they got a cold. So I figured... hm... I hear that these things work, I should try one. I didn't have any friends that had one, so I ended up on Ebay shopping for cheap vapes. I bought one... the one I told Hammerhead not to buy. I quickly learned that vaping is the shit. Unfortunately the cheap vape was definitely not the shit.

My suggestion? You don't need to buy a $600+ Volcano, tho I am sure they're great, just don't waste your money on a cheap ebay knockoff. I like the Arizer, but I understand that others work well too.

Bottom line? Vapes r the best thing since bongs. Both heallth-wise and head-wise. Get one that you can return if you have problems with it.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
Thanks for the info RezDog .....
Are the glass-on-glass joints standard sized .... 14.5mm or 18.8mm?
Has anybody else used the Extreme?
Yes they are standard size 14.5mm joints

they are 18.8mm at least mine is.

So, when you vape, do you still get as high as when you take a toke from a pipe or bong?)

I get way higher off my vape. more satisfying high too. 3 elbow packs in my whip and I'm high as fuck. 1 is enough really.

all the extreme owners need to embrace the elbow pack method in the whip, it is the tits big time. best taste, uses less weed.

sandwich a drop of oil or some kif in there. oy vay

OldTroll

Use to smoke regularly but gave it up in my late 40s.

So after 15 years of not smoking i've returned because it really helps me medicinally.

Can't do joints because the stuff i grow is so, so potent. The ONE HIT WONDER is here and growing in my basement.

So, when you vape, do you still get as high as when you take a toke from a pipe or bong?

Anyone know what happened to the TOKER II? It was a great bong.

SGT God,
(and yes I was a sergeant in the 60s)

It's highly recommended that you try before buying if able. Vaporizing is very different for different people.

retire as a MSgt in '72

-OT

Piel

Veteran
I don´t know if my to´lerance is low or my weed is good but I only need two small "cages" out of my vape to be really buzzed. The vaping seems to conserve bud -but I still enjoy a joint every now and then:joint:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got my new Extreme vap today burned it off for 30min packed me a bowl and I love this vap much better then my previous one. It did arrive with a broken whip elbow so I had to order a new elbow. The glass is not covered by the warranty bummer. So I used the Balloon elbow to get me started until the new one gets here.

SoloGro57

"It did arrive with a broken whip elbow so I had to order a new elbow."

That sucks man... did they refuse to replace it for you?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I opened the parts box the whip had the broken end in it the other half was just laying there. I sent a email to them will have to wait until Monday to see if they will send a new one but is states in the warranty that the glass bowls,elbows are not covered. I got me some extra sceens and a new elbow 15$ free ship. I bought mine off of Amazon the guy I got it from cant help me.