What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizers - looking for reviews, input, as related to fitness!

TruthOrLie

Veteran
From my understandings, the amount filtered of bad stuff vs the amount filtered of good stuff is not a fair trade off when passing vape through bong. Are you not finding this to be true?

AGBeer

Ive found that filtering through a bong does little more than

A. Keep little particulates from getting in my mouth/lungs (relative non-issue with me)
B. Cools the vapor

Vaping with a bong is nice especially with a heavy hitter like my SSV, but its not entirely necessary.

AGBeer

Another site to look at (spawned from FC) is Vaporpedia.com

This is pretty much the nuts and bolts and some articles on vaporization.

Enjoy!

I am a very active person. Softball in summer, hockey in winter(cept this year.. hurt my knee), and I jog a few days a week. Plus my proffesion has me very active. (painting contracter)

Lets just say that the volcano vaporizor is the healthiest thing to happen to me, a heavy pot smoker. About three years ago my smoking hit a peak. Blunts, bongs, joints all day long. Well this took a huge toll on my lungs. Short of breath and worse of all hacking up black phlem. It was that fall that I went to a upstate ny harvest fest. There I met a bunch of old hippies with a volcano. I was like wtf is this crap all skeptical. Well lets just say the day I got back from the festival I placed a order with volcano.

Since then I have yet to catch bronchitus or any other respritory illnessess. I no longer hack up black phlem or become short of breathe. Simple put the healthies thing you can do as a pot smoker is get a volcano or a comparable vaporizor.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Starwatcher, That's awesome. How often are you going back to the old fashioned fire-it-up method?

My Arizer Q Extreme arrived yesterday. Was immediately impressed with the first use (whip), .. But when I was ready for bed, I found myself going back to a pipe & some kif (which I also vaped), for that IN-YOUR-FACE-ness I like.

Used the bag today, and I'm very pleased. For some reason, I feel like it's easier to gauge how much more vapor I can produce (with what's in the bowl) using the bag, vs, a whip. Maybe it's all in my head.

At what temps do you folks find yourself liking to vaporize? Generally speaking..

AGBeer

It is more of a transition when vaping at bedtime because the higher end CBDs/CBNs arent always reached with a vape (depends on how far you take it) Im not familiar with the EQ temperature translation (I go by how it tastes and looks)

But Im sure you can more easily achieve that 'couch lock/beddy bye time' feeling that combustion provides by -
Using a nice tasty indica dom.
Adding a little kief to the top of your bowl (on the vape)
Slowly keep jacking the temp on the EQ til you get little to no more vapor
If you read in the EQ thread @ FC, you can get plenty of tips and tricks for that vape.

Make sure to save your wand hash. That shit is the best sleepy time medicine. (That and ABV tinctures)

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
@silver hawaiian.
to me the elbow pack method in the whip is by far the hardest hitting. I leave my EQ at 195C 99% of the time. gives me a functional, electric, sativa high, best taste. add some hash to an elbow pack for extra brutality

IME to get a real couchlock effect I need a heavy indica and raise the temp a bit. most of my weed I can vape and stay up all night.

ladydog

I have been smoking for a few years vaporizing here and there. I bought a box style a while back and loved the vapor aspect, but the thing used up to much herb. Now i have an aromazap and will never combust again. ive had it for about 2 months now and tried to smoke a bowl the other day out of a bong which used to be my absolute favorite way to smoke and i didnt like it at all. I didnt get any higher and the taste was MUCH worse. Get an AROMAZAP. each bowl packed is less than a bong toke and you get 3-4 milky rips. It will take a few days to learn how to smoke it and get your tolerance of smoking down to where you really feel the effects. If you want to cut down on your consumption and have tastier and healthier smoke buy a log style vape. Either woodez, purple dayz, or the one i own, an aromazap.

sneakinman13

Veteran
i got the easy Q a few months ago, and although i still enjoy bowls and joints , i do use my vape ALOT, and the high from her is so great and strong! when i had the flu all i did was vape, and i forsure couldnt have smoked at the time, so as you can see, very smooth :)

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
So I pulled the trigger and purchased a domain name to list ACTUAL reviews of vaporizers from people who actually know what the hell they are talking about. There are no good review sites out there right now and most of them that claim they are reviews are just fake articles to try to get you to buy one thru the site.

Can anyone who owns a vaporizer and would like to submit a review for the site please PM me with a paragraph about it including the following:

1) overall thoughts on it. size, craftsmanship, heating time etc etc.
2) a small list of both pros and cons
3) a rating on a scale of 1-10

Thanks for any help. I have about 3 detailed reviews written up so far. As soon as I get enough for it to be worthwhile I'll post the link.

Thanks.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
@silver hawaiian.
to me the elbow pack method in the whip is by far the hardest hitting. I leave my EQ at 195C 99% of the time. gives me a functional, electric, sativa high, best taste. add some hash to an elbow pack for extra brutality

IME to get a real couchlock effect I need a heavy indica and raise the temp a bit. most of my weed I can vape and stay up all night.

The Elbow Pack Method w/ the Whip, .. What's all that mean!?

Here's how I've used it so far:

Vaped with the whip - the 3" hose, basically just hitting it straight off of the heating element (packed the bowl) with the aid of the fan, ..

And the bag.

What am I missing here?

Durrrrr

AGBeer

You have 2 different bowls on your EQ

The cyclone bowl, and the elbow.

Cyclone is for bags (I believe)
Elbow is for the whip hitting.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
elbow pack method is a secret only known to about 50 people on FC. I think word is getting around finally LOL. if arizer was smart they would at least mention it in the manual. anyway it just means you put the weed in the little dome screen in the elbow of the whip

pro tip: vacuum the weed into the elbow, for quick loading

fun with my old E

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Had some bricked hash, chopped up and crammed in the elbow deal with some ABV..

Faaaaan TASTIC.

Also, good shot on the elbow pack. Using the cyclone bowl makes me feel like I'm being stingy with my weed, but also makes me feel like I'm using a ton more than I otherwise would burn.. Elbow deal is a nice size.

sneakinman13

Veteran
elbow pack method is a secret only known to about 50 people on FC. I think word is getting around finally LOL. if arizer was smart they would at least mention it in the manual. anyway it just means you put the weed in the little dome screen in the elbow of the whip

pro tip: vacuum the weed into the elbow, for quick loading

fun with my old E

never packed my elbow like that! but i sure do like it now that ive seen your tutorial ! thanks tons

AGBeer

Also, for those of you with an SSV or DBV, the EQ elbow screens work very nicely with the SSV/DBV wands (when you want a mini hitter)

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I have a volcano and I don't use it much. Probably the biggest reason is that it is sort of a production to get set up and it is much easier and quicker to take a couple blast of a pipe. I seldom sit down and smoke a bunch of weed. If I was sitting down for long "sessions" the volcano would be fine.

I'm active and honestly don't notice effects of smoking MJ on my lungs. I do notice the effects of smoking even if few cigarettes a day, but I think this has more to do with capillary restriction than it does with lung function. I stopped cigarettes many years ago as soon as I realized the effects they were having on my performance.

Pine