What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizers - looking for reviews, input, as related to fitness!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey guys

I'm looking for any information or feedback about vaporizers..

I've used them before, but never on a long-term basis.. What I'm really curious about is the fitness/health aspect of them.

I prefer to stay fairly fit - I kickbox, so I like to be in as good a shape as I can.. Even aside from that, when I'm just running or doing general fitness crap, .. It's good to have some wind. :)

Who uses a vaporizer daily? Do you find it to be significantly more healthy "feeling" (in terms of a cardiovascular sense) than smoking?

Anyone?

..Anyone?

Thanks! ;)

john cutter

I bought a magic flight launch box about a month ago. I use it a few times a day and really like it. I do prefer the high of a vape to anything else though so my opinion may be different than yours.

I bought it for the same reasons as you. My cardio has improved, and I have a lot less congestion in my chest.

I'll be stepping up to a bigger table top vape soon.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hmm. Thanks for the input. I'm checking out the Arizer Q Extreme.. $299 on its website, which actually seems quite reasonable. I'm finding it on Amazon for ~ $189, ..

If I pull the trigger, I'll come back with some updates.. Really looking for an alternative that's a little easier on the lungs..

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Got mine off ebay,$220.00 shipped.They have them cheaper,but I opted to by from an authorized dealer so I could get the warranty.

TwoOhSix!

I vaporize with a Vapor Bros through a bong. I love the feeling of getting high without bogging your lungs down with tar.

K

kayaN0W

watch out wit that vape an ur workouts.....i almost passed out yesterday after my squats HAHAAAAA, i dig that feelin tho :)

silver hawaiian

Veteran
You know, .. It's really about conditioning more than anything, ... There is no worse feeling than being completely out of gas, the :30 timer hasn't rung yet, and you're in a ring with a guy who's doing his best to knock me silly.

That. Sucks.

K

kayaN0W

You know, .. It's really about conditioning more than anything, ... There is no worse feeling than being completely out of gas, the :30 timer hasn't rung yet, and you're in a ring with a guy who's doing his best to knock me silly.

That. Sucks.

Looord...i just reread ur OP. I misunderstood ya, i was thinking you were looking for something to take sum nice soothing hits off of right before watever fitness regime youre doin for the day.....if ya dont, give it a whirl hehe. Maybe not on ur kickboxin days tho :)

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I do prefer the high of a vape to anything else though so my opinion may be different than yours.

This is a VERY important point. I don't know if I actually get more high but, I certainly get less stoned or couchlocked. For those that prefer couchlock, a vape may be a bad choice.

If you don't have a buddy with a vape you can use as a test, there are smaller hand pipes in the $50-$80 range that use flame through a ceramic disc. If you like it, it makes a great travel pipe. If you don't, at least you haven't wasted $150-$500 on a quality home unit.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Looord...i just reread ur OP. I misunderstood ya, i was thinking you were looking for something to take sum nice soothing hits off of right before watever fitness regime youre doin for the day.....if ya dont, give it a whirl hehe. Maybe not on ur kickboxin days tho :)

Ha!

I was speaking (typing?) in the bigger-picture sense. ;)

All good. I did some research (quickly) and pulled the trigger on the Arizer Q Extreme..

We'll see. I do appreciate the heads up, y'all, in re: the high v. STONED effect of vaping v. burning, .. I think I'll be happy with the vaporizer, .. And, for those times when I'm craving that 2x4-to-the-baclk-of-the-head effect, I can always break out the bong. :)

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
I vaporize with a Vapor Bros through a bong. I love the feeling of getting high without bogging your lungs down with tar.

i love my vapor bros, through the bong sounds interesting, maybe i need a new vapor only bong, i have an idea...

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I'm not going to recommend any particular vaporizer.

Clearly a different style of high, though...

I would say, my recent purchase may have been a total waste of money as now I am absolutely in love with Weed Milk.

Nothing in the lungs. Just a shot of milk and I'm high off my ass.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I'm not going to recommend any particular vaporizer.

Clearly a different style of high, though...

I would say, my recent purchase may have been a total waste of money as now I am absolutely in love with Weed Milk.

Nothing in the lungs. Just a shot of milk and I'm high off my ass.

'splain

And, I'm presuming it's a lot like the consumption buzz, correct..? Tincture, brownie..?