What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA - 2017 4/20 SALE!

URSA LED

Vendor
**update 1/26/2017
WE ARE SHIPPING THE FIRST BATCH OF PRE-ORDERS TOMORROW 1/27/2017
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ORDERED AND EXPECT THEM IN THE MAIL BY 2/3/2017 / CHECK E-MAIL FOR TRACKING
Any pre-order forms sent between 1/26/2017-2/19/2017 will fall in the next batch of OPTILUXS that is expected to ship out on 2/28/2017.
After that, they will be on AMAZON for $1800!

starke

Just curious. Did anyone on IC Mag who preordered prior to 1/26 receive a shipping confirmation email yesterday? Still looking for mine.

URSA LED

Vendor
Just curious. Did anyone on IC Mag who preordered prior to 1/26 receive a shipping confirmation email yesterday? Still looking for mine.

Giving you guys an update **2/1/2017

We are a little bit behind in shipping due to the CNY holidays holding up a component we have.

We are expecting the lights to ship out on 2/7/17.

:laughing:

Last edited:

YetiOG

Don't be so rude.. ;)

Im sorry im skeptical but this is the weed industry and unscrupulous prople take money, make promises and run ALL THE TIME.

All i did was post my experience and oppinion. It may be sharp but im not cussing or flipping out. Just skeptical, and inquisitive.

You realize we as potential buyers have the right to ask questions and stuff right? While im past the point of buying from him, does that really garentee in not really a potential buyer? Im still shopping for lights its my prerogative if i choose to ask questions.

Of note, the guy promised folks free stuff if he didnt ship. Did he ship? Did anyone get their confirmation or did he run? Im only asking because its happened a million times good people fork over cash and get burned.

Sorry for my concern

YetiOG

this dealer has been very responsive to my communication in the past, maybe you should work through him. It won't cost any more $$.

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/...cts/products/ursa-optilux-16?lshst=collection

or work through Amazon if you must, although more and more they seem to be turning into Evil, Inc.

I appreciate the link to a helpful seller. If the customer service responded so i could ask my questions id probably be buying instead of bitching.

Its pretty fristrating these guys dont make any effort to treat potential canadian customers like they matter. Why make a canadian email and ignore it? If you dont want to expand to canada dont make emails saying you do, and dont show up at our trade shows. It leads us to believe they intend to sell to us, which clearly is not the case.

Im not convinced anyone will get their lights let alone a canadian get customer service. Its fine. Im over it and moving on to other options. Even if phillips, illumitex, fluence, lumigrow and all these other leds are in fact inferiotlr ill go somewhere with real customer service.

URSA LED

Vendor
Im sorry im skeptical but this is the weed industry and unscrupulous prople take money, make promises and run ALL THE TIME.

All i did was post my experience and oppinion. It may be sharp but im not cussing or flipping out. Just skeptical, and inquisitive.

You realize we as potential buyers have the right to ask questions and stuff right? While im past the point of buying from him, does that really garentee in not really a potential buyer? Im still shopping for lights its my prerogative if i choose to ask questions.

Of note, the guy promised folks free stuff if he didnt ship. Did he ship? Did anyone get their confirmation or did he run? Im only asking because its happened a million times good people fork over cash and get burned.

Sorry for my concern

Hi There! I apologize for the delays and lack of communication on our end with you. We have been experiencing set backs with our first round of pre-orders due to the high amount of interest and we are working diligently to correct these problems and have the fixtures out as soon as possible.

We have been receiving setbacks from our carrier due to customs holding and Chinese New Year set our Taiwan logistics team back by 2 weeks.

Currently, 3 of 17 pallets have arrived so far and they will be shipping out today based on the pre-order dates sent in along with the Helios 320's I promised.

Again, I completely understand your concern and please allow me to explain we are not some kickstarter company without financial backing. We fully intend to deliver as promised albeit some delays however long will be compensated accordingly.

IMG_0220.jpg

Last edited:

URSA LED

Vendor
customs? Chinese New Year? Your first post said these lights were designed and built in the USA?

They are designed and built in the USA.
Small components such as the bracket (a piece of hard metal) is being sourced from Taiwan but assembly takes place locally (we install the brackets here).

Muleskinner

Veteran
"Made in America" means it was just assembled in America from components sourced from around the world. It's been that way for at least a decade.

I know, just being a wise-ass. You can't produce anything electronic these days without all the parts being from China. Still, LED lights are one area where there is still a ton of manufacturing in the US, Germany, Canada, etc.

saitama

After considering an air cooled SS LEC 630 to upgrade my single LEC 315, I chose to go with the Optilux. Decided to contact Alex to talk about shipping options and one thing lead to another and I stopped by their office to see the product for myself. I met a few of the staff and they showed me their test unit and a few informal measurements. They definitely have a nice looking product that's well made. Any skepticism I had was put at ease and I hope this post helps a few others out in this dept as well. These people are straight forward dudes who are proud of their product and excited to share it with us. I'm glad I got to meet them.

Give them a break. Delays happen and people are left accountable; trust that they'll make it right.

I do not work for Starlite, nor do I have any affiliation or hold interest of any type in their business.

Here are some pics I took during my visit.

kQ0dxlt.jpg

KwJQujn.jpg

Sue4vei.jpg

Xad8Jgp.jpg

X3z7eBi.jpg

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
If anybody from the bay area has ordered their light and is skeptical, I highly recommend hitting up their main #, asking for Alex and setting up a time to come by their office. Pretty straight forward.

what would be more 'straight foward', would be actual people who bought these lamps , getting em n coming forward to give their impressions...

YetiOG

what would be more 'straight foward', would be actual people who bought these lamps , getting em n coming forward to give their impressions...

:laughing: the lights probably do t even exsist its just an elaborate scam :laughing:

Funny how they spent so much time blowing smoke up everyones ass about how they would be shipped by the 7th or they were giving free shit. Now theres no mention of the lights that were supposed to go out. Sounds like lots of people will be crying the blues when they get told some more BS and more and more.

Those lights are never coming. If they were these guys would be more upfront while they hold everyones cash instead of laughing, and trying to get as much as they can before they vanish

Amazing how they have anounced stock on a site how can they do that if they cant actually ship any lights. These guys are just going to rack up as much as they can and abandon that office they keep showing people.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel like IC lately is being infiltrated by people from the gage green thread on RIU. One big trash heap.

Latest posts

Latest posts