What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA - 2017 4/20 SALE!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
IC is being infiltrated by know-it-all impatient snowflakes who have egos so big that to satisfy them they must argue through their computer or smartphone and believe what they say is the absolute truth.

-Funk

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couldn't agree more. It is understandable to be frustrated over the delay, but publicly calling a company a fraud and accusing them of major felonies as a result is ridiculous (at this point) and over the line imo. The lights are real the company is real. There is a hangup that should have been expected. Time to put on your adult clothes and start handling things like a businessman instead of like pissed off street thugs. Want to be upset over the delay? That is justified. They never should have put such a definitive dead line on shipping them out and should have warned those there may be possible delays, although it was pretty obvious to me it may happen. It is perfectly reasonable to hold them at fault for that, but to leap into major felony accusations at this point in time is over the top.

On that note relax guys you don't commit fraud like those that are accusing and get away with it anymore. I am not saying groups of people don't do completely moronic things like this, but logic leans towards the opposite.

1. There is a huge paper trail here. Not only with us the consumers, but the site we are on. The parent company is all over many of our bank accounts (they have a website of their own as well and are a business state side as well). If this was definitively fraud it would be a foreign company not stateside.

2. This is a company that has previously worked with many people both on here and the general public.

3. You don't spend the amount of money they had to spend on engineering, graphics design, websites, and previously manufactured and working lights that were marketed publicly that many people bought and are happy with.

4. Your bank will have your back.

5. Emails are completely valid in court and to your banking complaints.

6. You don't publicly state R & D a year ago on these lights with plans to commit fraud...a year in advance....Who the fuck waits a year to rip people off?

If you gave cash I can see how you would be a little uneasy, but you knew that before you did it right? Relax. Many legitimate people did not spend cash, are legal, and our Fed government as we all know doesn't fuck around. The people involved in a fraud would have to be complete morons and on a suicide mission. I don't think the lighting industry is really a good and profitable area of fraud to get into for criminals....

Hold your canon fire until the dust settles. I don't like thousands of dollars floating around out there either, but we all knew this was pre-production pre-order. I am happy to have even the chance to get these before others and at a good cost. :tiphat:

And for those of you disappointed with the reality of the definition made by our government on what is considered 'Made in America', you would be even more pissed if it were actually all made and assembled in America when you were told the price of lights as result. And don't think in the future if our country imposes tariffs on imports that you won't be paying that tariff. It will be a tax on you, plain and simple.

starke

Very well said 40Amps. I'm anxiously awaiting my lights like others but have stayed out of the pissing contest on this thread. Just based on Krunch's grows and experiences with the company (including in person) it is obvious the company is legit. Unless the conspiracy theorists here think one of IC's long respected growers is in cahoots. My lights will arrive and I shall grow some kick ass bud with them. End of story.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
And don't think in the future if our country imposes tariffs on imports that you won't be paying that tariff. It will be a tax on you, plain and simple.

really now... and how do u know this?? seems that senators/congressmen and others down in wash. have no idea how it will work.. so please let us in on how it will work...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
really now... and how do u know this?? seems that senators/congressmen and others down in wash. have no idea how it will work.. so please let us in on how it will work...

Oh, but they do know. It's called a thousand years+ of basic economics proven right time and time again. When a product costs more to be produced at home rather than abroad to the point companies will cross thousands of miles of ocean to have it built and shipped back and the cost of production is still way less than if you did it at home, are you really going to try to argue that costs won't rise for consumers who are to purchase the product? Come on now it's common sense. The consumer foots the bill all fuckin day long on tariffs. Go read the multitude of history compiled over the last thousand years concerning trade wars. It is the same thing as raising taxes on businesses, the consumer foots the fuckin bill every time. Want to not be able to afford most of things you can now?...go push tariffs. Do they temporarily increase jobs back home? Sure. Can you wall off the rest of the world forever and not get completely left behind? No.

Nationalism is all emotionally great warm fuzzy feelings and all, but when basic math and common sense logic comes into the frame it falls apart concerning free trade and free markets.

That's all I need to say on the topic anymore is off-topic.

IC is being infiltrated by know-it-all impatient snowflakes who have egos so big that to satisfy them they must argue through their computer or smartphone and believe what they say is the absolute truth.

-Funk

I agree with your view, but calling someone a snowflake is NOT right either. two wrongs dont make it right again. it makes it more wrong and detracts from the original message. In my experience those calling someone a 'snowflake' is a conservative calling out a progressive, which I think does not belong here, politics that is.

I practice meditation and respect for others as a way of life.
:respect:
namaste

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Oh, but they do know. It's called a thousand years+ of basic economics proven right time and time again. When a product costs more to be produced at home rather than abroad to the point companies will cross thousands of miles of ocean to have it built and shipped back and the cost of production is still way less than if you did it at home, are you really going to try to argue that costs won't rise for consumers who are to purchase the product? Come on now it's common sense. The consumer foots the bill all fuckin day long on tariffs. Go read the multitude of history compiled over the last thousand years concerning trade wars. It is the same thing as raising taxes on businesses, the consumer foots the fuckin bill every time. Want to not be able to afford most of things you can now?...go push tariffs. Do they temporarily increase jobs back home? Sure. Can you wall off the rest of the world forever and not get completely left behind? No.
Nationalism is all emotionally great warm fuzzy feelings and all, but when basic math and common sense logic comes into the frame it falls apart concerning free trade and free markets.
That's all I need to say on the topic anymore is off-topic.

you know what happens when carrier moves their jobs to mexico and their 5000btu a/c's gets taxed , which makes it cost more then the g.e. 5000btu.... they don't get bought in America... let em sell em in el Salvador, or guatamala, or another 3rd or 4th world nation...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
AvidLerner - You are right that using phrases like snowflake isn't the most reasonable way to go about it. Cooler heads should prevail. The thing is is that the phrase wasn't used in a political context.

In the book Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk wrote, "You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

So, when someone is getting angry about a new product coming to the market and delays associated with it not arriving or shipping on time, I use the phrase snowflake.

The URSA Optilux16 looks like the real deal. I can't wait to see what the talented growers of IC will produce from them.

-Funk

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
anyone see alex??? he hasn't shown up for almost '2' weeks.. or more importantly has anyone received their lights n can give 1st impressions...

Uvas101

Looking to get some new lights, anyone know what happend here? Im thinking about just getting a couple of these "G8LED 450 Watt LED"

F_T_P!

I was psyched up about these lights, maybe the blockade in the south china sea has something to do with the delay. Too bad unions have destroyed manufacturing in the USA, this sort of problem would never have happened.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking to get some new lights, anyone know what happend here? Im thinking about just getting a couple of these "G8LED 450 Watt LED"

Right now things are hung up in shipping/customs according the company. I have not had or tried to have any correspondence with Alex or the company since being told this. Seeing where this thread was going and expecting probably lots of angry pre-order people I am guessing we won't hear too much from him until the lights/parts of lights needed have arrived and are ready to ship.

I would guess since it is at least 30 days shipping from China to the states that we won't be hearing anything until beginning of next month. I hope we get an update or something by then. Sucks but it is what it is right now. Hopefully it is remedied and we all have our new gear to work with in the next couple of weeks.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
fyg from shanghai to los angeles is 11days on a ship... and once it arrives in la, it is available for pickup immed...

Ahh I was attempting to order shipping containers from around the region several years ago and it was 15-30 and mostly on higher end. This was awhile ago though, but do you know this for sure?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Ahh I was attempting to order shipping containers from around the region several years ago and it was 15-30 and mostly on higher end. This was awhile ago though, but do you know this for sure?

its 5700 miles (give or take)... the ships plying this trade are speeding along at 22knots... 11days (give or take)... a few years ago we were doing electronics for Motorola, and they were being sent via plane... needless to say air is a 'bit' quicker... its all a matter of what is the value of the commodity u are shipping... and how quick u need the commodity...

this is just the distance's traveled.. there r places it will indeed take time to order the container, get it to the shipper, load it, truck it to the port, await the arrival of the ship, and the transit... so indeed it could take a month or longer...

saitama

Hello! Picked my light up today. It's a beast. Pretty heavy. Well packaged, too. Here are some pics. Haven't powered it on yet as my girls are still sleeping. They're gonna wake up to some tough love.

sGFnLfX.jpg

TamfShI.jpg

px9ZAjA.jpg

5Y19vKL.jpg