What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA - 2017 4/20 SALE!

Ken Huang

Vendor
Week 3 flower under Ursa optilux

Hi deepfriedbutter,

Your ladies are looking great! Can't wait to see what happens in the next few weeks! I've been following your grow diary as well!

You could probably begin to lower the light back down a little bit, if you haven't done so already. Be sure to lower it slowly to accommodate for the growth!

saitama

Hi deepfriedbutter,

Your ladies are looking great! Can't wait to see what happens in the next few weeks! I've been following your grow diary as well!

You could probably begin to lower the light back down a little bit, if you haven't done so already. Be sure to lower it slowly to accommodate for the growth!

unfortunately they never greened back up, so I'm going to keep the light at the distance it is currently at.

Miraculous Meds

Hi ken, I have some questions about ur new optilux fixtures. I'm a led newb so forgive my ignorance, but I'm just trying to educate myself more on making a potential lighting change.

So comparing ur unit vs say the black dog x2 (their new series), looking at their 600w equivalent to compare similar size. I think they say u can get 900 umol or there about. U say the optilux gets 1600 center. But at what distance from top of canopy do u get that measurement? Also the blackdog uses 5w diodes (200 or so), while the optilux uses 16 200w diodes. Can u speak to the differences in using such larger diodes? I'm wondering if it's canopy penetration ability? But black dog claims that bigger diodes are harder to control heat build up...

I run 10'x10'x7' tall flower rooms. I was thinking 4 of these in a room. But comparing to krunchbubbles 10' room he used about 3600w. To match that I'd need 6 of these units. So what would u recommend for my room dimensions?
Thanks,
Mm

Ken Huang

Vendor
Hi ken, I have some questions about ur new optilux fixtures. I'm a led newb so forgive my ignorance, but I'm just trying to educate myself more on making a potential lighting change.

So comparing ur unit vs say the black dog x2 (their new series), looking at their 600w equivalent to compare similar size. I think they say u can get 900 umol or there about. U say the optilux gets 1600 center. But at what distance from top of canopy do u get that measurement? Also the blackdog uses 5w diodes (200 or so), while the optilux uses 16 200w diodes. Can u speak to the differences in using such larger diodes? I'm wondering if it's canopy penetration ability? But black dog claims that bigger diodes are harder to control heat build up...

I run 10'x10'x7' tall flower rooms. I was thinking 4 of these in a room. But comparing to krunchbubbles 10' room he used about 3600w. To match that I'd need 6 of these units. So what would u recommend for my room dimensions?
Thanks,
Mm

Hi Miraculous Meds,

Don't worry about being a newb, everybody has to start somewhere right? :)

The 1600 umols measurement comes at 2ft above the canopy, which is the recommended height for a 4 x 4 space.

Our chip technology is pretty different than what blackdog uses, we have a patented chip design called the 3-pad flip chip that allows us to dissipate the heat more effectively than any other LED. This allows us to use larger chips in a smaller form factor, thus increasing the canopy penetration of the light. Also by using 16 x 200w chips (which equals 3200W), we under drive those chips down to 640 watts, to further increase efficacy and reduce heat out put.

If I'm not mistaken, blackdogs fixtures are actively cooled using fans, our Optilux fixture has no need for fans, again allowing for a smaller form factor and removes the chance of a fan failing and burning out chips.

As for your 10 x 10 x 7 room, is it a tent or an open space? Actually, either way I believe 4 Optilux's will be perfect for that setting. The reason Krunch had to use more wattage is because he was using our Helios fixtures, in which he needed a couple extra lights to get the coverage he wanted. The Optilux has much better coverage than our smaller wattage Helios fixtures, and you will not need to run extra fixtures to get the coverage that you want.

7 feet height is also not going to be a problem as our Optilux fixture has a really slim profile. The heat dissipation is so good on our fixture, that you will not experience bleaching or burning even if your plants get closer than 12 inches towards the end of the flowering cycle.

Hopes this answers some of your questions, feel free to contact me if you need any more information, I am happy to help! :good:

Ken Huang

Vendor
Hey Everybody!

Looks like we are getting ready for our 4/20 sale! Please check the updated first post for more details!

As a thank you for all your support and positive feedback, we will be bringing back our pre-sale pricing for the Optilux for this sale and we are also going to be putting our Helios 185W and Helios 320W fixtures in our DUET spectrum on sale as well!

Just PM me or mention ICmag in an inquiry to ken@ursaled.com or sales@ursaled.com and we will automatically include the promotional pricing!

saitama

Hey Everybody!

Looks like we are getting ready for our 4/20 sale! Please check the updated first post for more details!

As a thank you for all your support and positive feedback, we will be bringing back our pre-sale pricing for the Optilux for this sale and we are also going to be putting our Helios 185W and Helios 320W fixtures in our DUET spectrum on sale as well!

Just PM me or mention ICmag in an inquiry to ken@ursaled.com or sales@ursaled.com and we will automatically include the promotional pricing!

Sad day. I just ordered the 4200k bulb for my lec 315. This is a great price for great equipment guys. Hop on it.

"For the next week following 4/20 we will be bringing back our pre-sale pricing of $1,200 for our Optilux fixture as a thank you to everyone who supported us, and for all those who have been waiting to try out the Optilux but could not fit it into their budget!"

Does this mean the sale is on til the end of April? I hope so, I'd like to order one! I sent out a couple pm's and an email. No response.

Cheers

Ken Huang

Vendor
"For the next week following 4/20 we will be bringing back our pre-sale pricing of $1,200 for our Optilux fixture as a thank you to everyone who supported us, and for all those who have been waiting to try out the Optilux but could not fit it into their budget!"

Does this mean the sale is on til the end of April? I hope so, I'd like to order one! I sent out a couple pm's and an email. No response.

Cheers

Hi mr. fiskars,

Thanks for your interest. You are correct, our sale will be going on until the end of April!

Please send me an email; ken@ursaled.com and I can help answer any questions you may have!

Last edited:

Mel-Brooks

Ursa 320w

Ursa 320w

Ive been trying to get ahold of you for a while I was wondering if you are still doing your promotion?

Latest posts

Latest posts