What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
end of week 4 tonight...still seeing good growth on the buds every time i go in to water,really seeing the frost popping out everywhere now...

been slowly defoliating as things go along,not having too many dead or funky leaves,no issues at all really,not even showing any tip burn which these varieties would have shown under hps so i'm thinking i'm right in the zone as far as nute strength,and my watering amount seems to be good as well,the pots are dry after two days,but not medium pulling away from the sides dry...

so far i'm not seeing any serious difference in bud development or frost between the led and a regular 1000w hps.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a few thoughts on led lighting...

do some research,there seems to be an awful lot of snake oil in the led business...

i went with the horticulture lighting group products for two reasons,the most important being i had seen results from someone i have known here on the site for years,the super good deal i got on them certainly helped...

but since getting them i have been looking around at other companies offerings...

seems like as with most things in pot world if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't...

anytime you see something like "world's best" , or "most efficient" it's most likely complete bullshit...

so do some searching,there's nothing like seeing real users actual results....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wish i had another one for when i set up a tent here in a few weeks...heck,i only recently converted to digi ballast and even that seems quaint and old fashioned now...

nickman

Veteran
What’s the average cost for a half decent LED ...?...
tha5bwould cover an area of about 3x3 or similar ...!...

Blazeee

Veteran
Talk about turning up late to the party. Not to sure how I missed this one, but will make sure to take a seat and sub up.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 35 tonight...still chugging along here,getting into the heart of flowering now so the buds are swelling visibly every two days when i water,really starting to stack now...

starting to get hot outside now but the room is still keeping the temps in range,mid 80's during lights on,mid 70's lights off.been super dry out so the humidity is rarely above 40-50%

added a bunch of stakes,i was starting to get some serious lean going on,i'm sure more will be needed soon..
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

U

useless.gardens

i was checking a'zon for HLG lights as a price i got for the newest version of unc's lights (his are a previous version if im not mistaken) is $600+.

seems to be that some of a'zon HLG stuff is new old stock... which included unc's lamps.

i wouldnt buy anything NOS, personally, at least with regard to a led light, until i confirmed the authenticity.

im looking for something to light up a 3x3 for flower (not veg).

its good to see somebody growing out plants/flowers under these newer style LEDz.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Very nice healthy looking plants! Those look to be right on par for the time in flower so far. Do you see any difference is size of the flowers or resin compared to the gavitas at this point?

I need to pull the triggs on an led. Last time I spent 800 on a de cmh and it wasn't worth a shit. So waiting to make sure I get the right one. A member here has offered to build some but the price is too high for me right now.

Which strains go another 8 weeks?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the plants seem to be keeping pace with what i would see under a single end 1000w bulb or the gavitas running at 600w...no difference in bud size or frost coverage...so far it seems to be going swimmingly,along with actually following the directions with the nutes properly i may be on the way to what could be a record haul in terms of grams per watt for me...

the gmo in particular goes to 12 weeks,also orange cream dream...the wedding cake,cherry cookies,and sunset sherb will go to 11,and the platinum and forum cookies along with the NEM in the 10 week-ish range