What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

Buckeyebandit

The rspec came out a month after I bought the 600's. Go figure right lol. Temps at 82 is ideal for these lights I have found. I have the 550 rspec now and will be getting another soon. See how 4 LEDs do in a 8x8 with rdwc.

If you're talking about the HLG 600W QB288 V2 R Spec kit, I took delivery of mine last week.

I've got it set up in my new 5x5 tent over an organic soil bed.
View Image

Haven't grown anything in it yet. Soil is still settling in while my cuttings root. Should be starting in the next couple of weeks.:woohoo:

My basement temps are normally 62-68*f year round, humidity depends on the season. After 36 hours of running wide open, the temp inside the tent was 82.6*F with my exhaust running on it's lowest setting, ~35%. The power supply is remote mounted outside the tent.

ETA - one last thing, everybody is right. Pictures don't do this light justice. It is freaking BRIGHT.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some better close ups
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

U

useless.gardens

true cut of og kush in 9+ sq ft screen under a 300v2 :
picture.php
thanks for the rec+ fishstick on HLG ...& great to see someone using these from whom i can get feedback.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
same for me really,without seeing smokin joes garden i probably would have only ordered a single gavita led...certainly the awesome deal helped but results are the only thing that matters...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I know, the results are no joke! I've been blown away with the big, tight, frosty nugs you've been getting with those LEDs! You've definitely got the gears cranking in my hamster-wheel hat rack:)

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I think I’m about to order 4 of the HLG Saber 100s for side lighting. Gonna strap one on the ceiling of the tent on each side of the two 1000 watt reflectors. It’s a 5x9 tent and really could use extra lighting on the 5 foot sides. The 1000w single ended bulbs do a good job on a 4ft space, but not so good on a 5 foot space. Hoping it will help the colas on the outsides catch up with the colas closer to the light.

U

useless.gardens

I think I’m about to order 4 of the HLG Saber 100s for side lighting. Gonna strap one on the ceiling of the tent on each side of the two 1000 watt reflectors. It’s a 5x9 tent and really could use extra lighting on the 5 foot sides. The 1000w single ended bulbs do a good job on a 4ft space, but not so good on a 5 foot space. Hoping it will help the colas on the outsides catch up with the colas closer to the light.
you should ( IMO ) do two. peep the results in lets say 4 weeks & get two more. maybe you want a diff profile or style.

the install is gonna be gravy either way.

by the way, my thread needs a true og pic.

^ you da man who is the man who is also the man:dance013:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
you should ( IMO ) do two. peep the results in lets say 4 weeks & get two more. maybe you want a diff profile or style.

the install is gonna be gravy either way.

by the way, my thread needs a true og pic.

^ you da man who is the man who is also the man:dance013:

At first I was just gonna do two to see how it goes. Once I researched them and the drivers, and realized I can dim them down some, I said I’m all in. Extra heat won’t be an issue. It was 99F outside here last week and my high temp in the tent with 2000w running during the day was 74F. Lol. The high temp is always 75F or just below year round...lower in the dead of winter.. Low temp is always 65F. My environment is what makes me look like I actually know what I’m doing! Hahahaha

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
end of week 7 in the led room...

got hot this week,plants don't seem too stressed though,went ahead and kicked on the second filter/fan combo...just one more week of feeding then a week of just enough molasses to bring the water pH down,the a week of plain ro to finish them off...

got in a hurry tonight,i will bring the good camera in soon for close ups
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty,got the good camera out,batteries died so only a few shots...one day maybe i will even remember what order i shot the pics in so i can tell which strain it is...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
end of week 8...most of the plants got their last feeding this week,and a final feeding of microbes tonight,start with flushing on sunday so in the home stretch...can't wait to see how the leds did...managed to keep the plants reasonably healthy through flower,the room has been working pretty well all things considered...i have the intake duct hooked straight to one of the duct registers with an insulated line and have both 6 inch filters going inside the room...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
only need to average 2.4 oz per plant to hit a gram per watt...seems doable...if it wasn't for the damn cookie plant i think 2 1/2 would be in reach...

Latest posts

Latest posts