What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i never water till the point there's runoff,i think it's called sledgehammer from fox farms,and no but sort of since the sledgehammer is basically a tea when you get down to it...

nickman

Veteran
Sledgehammer is yucca based. Used for flushing.
Microbe Brew and Kangaroots have the microbes

yeah,that stuff! it's the microbe brew i have...

I have used both of those products in the past... I would use the sledgehammer about once every month and the microbe brew more often, like once a week or so...

The microbe brew is a nice product. It’s bat guano, worm Castings and some microbe’s...!!!...
I stopped using the sledgehammer after reading that it can cause birth defects in unborn babies or something And I remember reading something about cancer or something...?...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Damn, that's crazy! I started out with FF nutes, but found out that most of them are "organic based" or just straight chems. Pretty lame when you want 100% organic flower. I still have the "Big Bloom" formula that is organic for stressed out seedlings kicking around somewhere.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fox farms stuff is....i dunno,i want to say it sucks for the most part,but that seems harsh...i do know around here at least happy frog medium does make frogs happy as it's full of bugs...but that's true of every brand of organic medium i've ever bought....free fungus gnats with each purchase!

i got the microbe brew mainly because it was cheap and i wanted to add some kind of bio-critter product...but i also made some other changes to my nutes at the same time to hard to say if it's making any positive difference when you introduce more than one variable into the mix...

nickman

Veteran
Yeah, I’ll agree with you about the fungus gnats. I still use the happy frog and the ocean forest. I would like to find a better option. It’s just what I’ve been used to using and you know what they say.
I just need to just try something different,ya know...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I like 7 parts flushed coco, 2 parts perlite, 1 part worm castings, and 1 part peat moss to drag down the pH. Most of the stuff can't harbor pests, and you can reuse after flushing and re-amending. I use teas to supplement what the mix lacks, which is pretty much everything, lol. But that makes it easier for me to monitor/adjust specific nutrient levels.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 21 tonight...

really liking these lights,they're making me look like i know what i'm doing!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I've got the french press full of Sumatra, and getting ready for the day. There is nothing like coffee in the a.m., or the p.m. for that matter:)
I hope all is well in the tartar sauce kitchen!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more pics from last night...as the buds develop i will start bringing the good camera in for pics...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Goats

it's looking really promising in there unc. i think you're gonna have a really great run.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fingers crossed...

it's certainly the best grow space i have set up so far,that's helping a lot,and the ease of dealing with the lighting is a big factor in the space functioning well...

in the future i may have to do a run where i veg the plants in there as well,i would like to see how well the lights would do with a big plant properly trained to a scrog...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty,gotta keep things rolling along here...it was a watering night and i had my phone in my pocket so why not some midweek pics?

started a new thing for me,a fresh water day once a week,except i'm using it as a day to add microbes,thus,microbe monday...

plants are starting to frost up,still looking nice and healthy...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Super dark green, and no signs of deficiencies or toxicities. It didn't take long for you to dial these in, did it? :) Bang up job, Uncle!

Latest posts

Latest posts