What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sincerely hope I'm incorrect about the aphids... I fear that I am not.... I've seen a situation like yours before... trouble might not start for a few weeks... Keep your eyes on what the ants are carrying.... I wish you luck, and I hope I'm wrong....

copy paste.......

Aphid-herding ants make sure their "cattle" stay well-fed and safe. When the host plant is depleted of nutrients, the ants carry their aphids to a new food source. If predatory insects or parasites attempt to harm their wards, the ants will defend them aggressively. Some honey ants even go so far as to destroy the eggs of known aphid predators like lady beetles.

Some species of honey ants continue to care for their aphids during winter. The ants carry the aphid eggs home, and tuck them away in their nests for the winter months. They store the precious aphids where temperatures and humidity are optimal, and move them as needed when conditions in the nest change. In spring, when the aphids hatch, the ants carry them to a host plant to feed.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/co...phids-have-symbiotic-connection.html?nav=5067

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7404.html

http://ant.edb.miyakyo-u.ac.jp/BE/Kingdom/4041/4041e.html

http://insects.about.com/od/coolandunusualinsects/f/antsandaphids.htm
Good info :good: I'll find something something for the aphids but for now I'm just gonna breath deep and go back to plan "A"/ Harvest on the 21st and take some amdro when I do.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
A couple of pics of what I have going

A couple of pics of what I have going

Very new at this hobby so almost ashamed to show these pictures......but everyone has to learn. Tent is a 3 x 3. Most plants are Mandala Satori, will give better description if anyone is interested. About to flip to 12/12.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first...stake goat out in full moon
second...get all liquored up
third.....start bonfire,dance around to appease goat god
forth....bugger goat
fifth....wake up and search for scope to get taste of goat semen out of mouth

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:yoinks: Bwahahahahahahaha :biglaugh:
picture.php

Grizz

Veteran
I thought that was the whale method ? I think the goat ritual requires rubber boots and sand paper

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very new at this hobby so almost ashamed to show these pictures......but everyone has to learn. Tent is a 3 x 3. Most plants are Mandala Satori, will give better description if anyone is interested. About to flip to 12/12.
Very cool unregistered !!!! I have the Satori & his beyond the brain in my seed vault waiting for a rainy day . you'll have to let me know how ya liked the Satori when it finishes :)

the rest of you guys .....:bat:

:smoke out:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whatever you do don't put dry buds in that trimmer oc, fresh chopped buds only. some people dont like them but I love mine, looks like you could have cranked those buds a few more times for a closer trim.

Ok so I ran a few plants through the spin trim. I ran a few oz and the buds that were freshly cut got all gummed up. I had to stop it and take those buds out. I ran some that was almost ready for hand tirm this came out much better. The next plant will be the same dryness as if I'm doing it by hand. If you do spin it long enough the buds come out super timed much closer than I do by hand. I need to figure out the right amount to turn a run. There will be a lot of stops so I can see what they look like.. So far it's perfect for all the larf it can do some really small buds.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#View Imagehttps://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#View Image
we all started somewhere,i would have killed for a tent when i started..
loved the kalichakra,the sadhu and hashberry i wasnt so impressed with...still have a pack of kalichakra in the fridge...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
loved the kalichakra,the sadhu and hashberry i wasnt so impressed with...still have a pack of kalichakra in the fridge...

I got those as freebies when i bought the other 2 . never heard anything about them till just now . glad to hear ya liked them :)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok so I ran a few plants through the spin trim. I ran a few oz and the buds that were freshly cut got all gummed up. I had to stop it and take those buds out. I ran some that was almost ready for hand tirm this came out much better. The next plant will be the same dryness as if I'm doing it by hand. If you do spin it long enough the buds come out super timed much closer than I do by hand. I need to figure out the right amount to turn a run. There will be a lot of stops so I can see what they look like.. So far it's perfect for all the larf it can do some really small buds.

:thinking: Hmmmm might have to check that out . never considered using one . always thought they'd trim all the trichs off the buds . :dunno:
I hate trimming larf & would love to get to the point i don't need to trim & dry it .... but it ain't happened yet .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,i just swept a pile of buds out of the bottom of the tent...there were cookie buds and glue and all sorts of stuff...plus a little pile of kief! you should see my hash bin,plenty of trim-able buds in there...i got lazy over the years...

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Ill trim them for ya unc! Send em my way:)

I always wanted to try Mandalas Kyrstalicia. Its a South Indian x Nepali I believe. Supposed to be good. And I need some nepalese based buds in my life.
The Satori is supposed to be the strongest strain they have I think.

For some reason, when I tried to click on Unregistereds Satori pics, it went to MY album??

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you should read up on that. I dont think 10,000 ppm is good brother? I only use 30 ppm and it works fine. I know a lot of members use the same thing I do. I'm no scientist lol but that seems toxic in those numbers. I guess it doesn't matter as long as the plant is discarded when you finish collecting the gold..

Yeah You toss the buds. I dont care to smoke any metal. It has never phased the plants when I spray it on before. Some plants won't flip. I like to try hard. I expect GG4$ will flip for me easily. Not sure about OGMango.

My son loves both GG4$ and OGMango, just like me. He prefers the GG4$ flavor, while I prefer the OGMango.We love both highs. He does think that this would be an ultimate cross, if I can get them to produce viable pollen.

I wish I could reach through my monitor and drop a couple buds of GG4$ and OGMango on each of your keyboards, so You could roll a fatty and taste this stuff. It tastes almost as good as pussy

I just got this spin trim today. All of my harvest have been hand trimmed. With the amount of product I run I'm not worried about metal coming off lol. I use BHO to i'm sure some think theres bad shit in there and you're going to die lol....... . Cooking out of a pan has much more contamination but we still use them. Candy has rat shit in it we all still eat it.. When I was in HS I smoke weed all day/night 7 days a week out of a metal pipe so did everyone else...Im hardly concerned about metal coming off this thing and doing more damage than what's already there .

Grizz

Veteran

what do you mean they got all gummed up ? I would think you would knock a lot more trics off trimming it dry, I may have to try your method though just to see, I do recommend cleaning it and wiping the rubber paddles and the trim screen with olive oil, keeps the rubber flexable and less trics stick to the oiled parts. I have been using one for almost 2 yrs now and love it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,it always reminds of the bad times when i was barely getting anything out of the harvest and i had to trim every single scrap....now i find buds lying on the carpet all the time,and like i said,my trim pile there has to be an easy 1/2 lb sitting in it...i dont even bother keeping scissor hash anymore,it never gets smoked...i give away more bud now than i used to keep for myself....shoot,i spent more on plants for the yard this summer than i used to make in a year!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they wouldn't roll properly across the screen. got stuck on it and pretty much ruined that bud. When I did it with the plant that had the outer part dry worked like a charm. Even if I lose more tri's to the trim I'm still going to use it for bubble or oil. Im not even sure i'm keeping the gizmo yet. I need to use it more.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,it always reminds of the bad times when i was barely getting anything out of the harvest and i had to trim every single scrap..
i'm still at that stage . :shucks:

not so much cuz of shitty yields or crappy buds .... the demand here is just alot more than i can handle !! so i need to get as much as possible from my girls . WITHOUT sacrificing quality ... I hope !!! i think i do pretty good , just wish i could safely do more .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts