What's new

UK Outdoor Growing 2010

MJBadger

Veteran
doppey , looks like a nice plot wish you well . 1 POINT spread your slug pellets out a lot more , they are more effective thinly spread & also a lot less waste .

paulo , those plants have a lovely root system on them & look very healthy .

Looking at everyones plants on the threads this year i`m way behind , i think i may have to swallow my pride & invest in some lights to get them started in future grows . Will have to work out if i can find the room for them or build a small shed or something .
My outdoor plot is well grown with weeds/nettles so hiding a few plants should`nt be a problem , just the rabbit & deer to deal with . Got a few products to use this summer so will see if they work .

Stay green .

doppey

nice patch.
but how do you avoid wearing a path through the stingers?

I'll probably only check them once to sex them then once or twice if we get a really long heat wave to give them a little bit of water from the stream that runs just by them then once to harvest, so the nettles will have plenty of time to regrow and i try to take big jumps up the side of them to leave as few as possible crushed.

Managed nearly 40oz off that patch 2 years ago growing purple peace (i think you sent me those tps :yes: although it was a while back so could be wrong lol) and i checked on them twice throughout the season then once to harvest.

doppey

minime

esbens

esbens

nice plants paulo----nice patch to doppy----hear are esbens strains the x files--female mix of the others some female some male still sorting them out then there out---

stay safe all

doppey

Lookin good minime, not going for the ''cram the whole garden who needs space to move'' approach this time i see :biggrin:.

doppey

thepureskunk

Auto Island

Auto Island

Hey everyone,

Some really nice posts and plants :cool: Thanks WAM for taking a pic of that Kali Mist. Glad you enjoyed bro :tiphat:

Finally got round to taking a couple of pics. These 2 pics are what i have going in the Island. I also have another 20 or so pots with autos as well but they are further behind so no pics as not much to see!

First pic is the whole bed. The sand is slug protection...i'll be damned if i let the slugs have one single plant...!!

picture.php

Next is a little closer up of a few seedlings:

picture.php

Peace all, TPS :)

MJBadger

Veteran
TPS , the sand should do a good job but give Beer Traps a go . Slugs can smell beer from hell of a distance & will bypass the juiciest green to get to it .

Heres a little pic to wet your appetite , nice big lump , all the white fluff is Willow blossom . The stuff is everywhere & it looks like a snowstorm in summer . Nothing at all to do with MJ but there is more than one passion in life :laughing:

Stay green , looks like summer may be a decent one .

ps . how do you upload bigger pics , done a search but not found it yet .

harold

These big clones will be planted out sunday :) finally! (with pics of my secret blackthorn patch to come) 24 clones altogether. Ive just given them a drink from the watering can, i always water from above the canopy so they get a foliar feed and stem strengthening workout :) (learnt this tip from a fellow icmager) I use aged water, seaweed extract, organic grow fert, epsom salts and diy lacto bacillus.

lost 7 bc hazes & 19 autowarps to birds :cry: i know its small birds as they've crapped all over the net protection and have crushed more by landing on the netting, little c*nts lol... will sort it out tomorrow.

:wave:

thepureskunk

Hey :)

Thanks for the kind words! I've just been out to check the seedlings and all are doing fine. Even got 8/8 of Zeds FON to pop...the last one came up today which i think is 5 days from planting.

Nice fish MJB!! I've got to do more fishing as not doing any is really doing my head in...it sucks :( I am thinking that i may have time to come down in October...i hope! Will keep you informed..

Nice work harold...should be quite some show come Sept/Oct. Great work :dance013:

Peace all :)

sneakygrower

Hi all,
Bit of a late start to the season but that's what happens when you have nowhere to start them off inside.. The strains I ended up with are: 10x Purple Maroc / 6 x Purple Wreck / 5 x AutoAK (LL) / 2 x Freebies (Lemon Skunk & BIG Grapefruit) - everything was fem, apart from the Autos..
Anyway, the location is quality and I reckon (touch wood) safe.. Loved the adrenaline lugging all that compost, spade, chicken wire etc in.

A few seeds didn't germ, and I managed to mix up the ones that did, so who knows what's what!! Ended up with 20 seedlings, 2 snapped in transit but one has recovered with a makeshift twig stake.. Dug a trench around the nursery for the chicken wire to keep the rabbits out..

Went to check them last night, one rather large oversight on my part when it came to pests... SLUGS!! 4 seedlings down :( - First lesson learnt, but hey that's what it's all about.. Was trying to figure out what had caused the grief when I noticed slime in the empty pots, and then spotted a very fat, smug (I reckon) looking slug cotching by the nursery.. He got chucked in the lake, hope karma doesn't punish me too badly!!

As there's nowhere to buy pellets at 9pm on a Sunday, I'm gonna grab them on the way to work today and beef up the defense tonight.. I hope the little bastards haven't got anymore of my babies!

Anyway bit of a crap photo, but my fav seedling, a freak Purple Wreck who has got 3 of the first cress style leaves and true ones too!

Peace

Edit: Is it too late to plant more out??

Last edited:

HempHut

Coat the outside of those pots with a band (2 inches wide or so) of vaseline -- should keep the slugs from making it up the side of the pots.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
we're getting some much needed rain this week. hopefully i will be able to take pictures of what i put out soon. i have a worry however, 10 leb27 all doing well and showing sex, but no males at all, looks like 8 female and 2 hermi.. so looks like im running feminised.. but risk herms :(

MJBadger

Veteran
Edit: Is it too late to plant more out??

Hi sneaky , you certainly deserve some harvest for all the hard work your putting in & to answer your question . No it`s not too late , the plants will still flower only on a smaller plant as it`s had less vegging time .

And you wont get bad karma for chucking a slug in the lake , good karma will come from giving a fish a good meal .

Stay green .

ps . Its raining YIPPEE , plants went out guerilla this morn .

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Norfooking Goods!

Norfooking Goods!

Hi there guys!:tiphat:
Damp and grey weather around here but even so my plants are doing ok.
Here a couple of pics from my Norfooking Good after 24hrs with yo-yos

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace and Light:ying:

minime

nice plot tps---plants cumming along nice paulo good work harold--and nice to see some new faces welcome---so glad for the rain--water crystals should absorb as much water as possible---the news papers are working to as i put some plants in the plots --i could feel the dampness though the soil around them wear dry---definatly gonna be putting torn up news paper along with the crystal from now on---any one doing gorrilla should try it as it holds the water a lot more than just crystal---happy gowing all and be safe