What's new

UK hybrids and crosses you have made or intend to make.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
What's the current line of AK47 like? I think I heard that the original parents were lost? I've grown it a few times over the years, from see, I got the Cherry pheno the last time I grew it about 9-10 years ago, it was such a great hit, very spacey with immedite effect, after 2 pulls of a joint it went straight to the back of your eyes...wicked sativa power. Sadly I never kept cuts but I toked on the Cherry AK at the HQ Club in Barcelona a few moths ago, the aroma instantly brought me back 10 years ago lol. Fair play to your mate for keeping the line alive, I wouldn't think that there would be too many out there with original stock, AK47 always showed great hybrid vigor to me, a real nice mix of sat/ind, the few packs that I grew were all slightly sat dominate, nice breeding potential. Anyhow, all the best with it.

:tiphat: :tiphat:
HGO

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was at hq last week Hgo,,,I think I saw it but didn't look at it.

Tbh I never reall though much of ak47 but I was late on the scene to get a look at the non commercial cuts. Best I have had of it was the damkrinks and it was basically a cheap strong weed for Dutch smokers.

Hay londinium,,,that's still really cool. I applaud you and your friends work on this.,,bravo. ,,would you say improvements have been made on the original stock?

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never ran it from seed in 90's(I ran THSeeds stuff back then as Adam's a friend since CIA days and my Northern buddys ran Simon's and Tony's stuff ),I ran 2 cuts for years picked by them and they were both Epic...one was 9 week bloom,short ,Phat and Cherry/tad menthol but a Motivation Killer,the other was Cough Syrup and Hashy Incense and 10-11 wks bloom...I prefer the latter as the high was more Sativa...But the Cherry was the Popular one with growers for sure. I'm gonna try and make sure both those pheno's are represented when we self it again to make AK-ish beans.
I dont think we've "Improved" it as The original F1 was Very Vigorous and that only comes from Out-Crossing. But I do think we can turn-out something close to what it was. We have F3'S from 2 diff sets of parents from the f2's so we have some options for a TopCross. TBH If it turns out any good I will give Beans or some nice cuts back to Serious anyway(if they want them).... Just being caretakers for a few years....Its Not my work,Not even one of my Fave Lines nowadays but It's a Bona-Fide Classic that needs preserving for the Populous. Everyone should Smoke AK at least once in their life for F--k's Sake :)
I have seen and smoked some post 2000 AK47 from Serious and It was actually very nice...But much more Sativa-looking plants now IME. Still tasty and Potent and problem free though and thats what I care about. I will let others prioritise stature,leaf-shape,Pretty Colours etc...Lifes too short to measure branches and weigh dry rootmass! lol ;) Q.Is it Fire A.Yes = Keep it! Luck'n'Lite JBo

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I like your sentiment Londinium, massive respect mate, keep working on this one for sure!

Nice one Rick, how ya like the HQ & and what all did ya toke on? It's one cool place to toke, I was gonna get a bottle of GSC terps but never bothered, kinda wish I did now lol. Got a GSC cut vegging away now though so not too long to I see what all the hype is about :) Looking forward to tasting her.

HGO

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you got the jigga cookies, fourm or animal. ..I've heard some cookies clones don't do the name justice. .but I can tell you, the jigga is pretty good and subrob said the animal is the shizz

I smoked some rosin at hq. ..it was ok ..not amazing just ok. I believe the constituents with lower boiling points are lost with this tech. When I believe we should be looking at losing the constituents with higher boiling point to eradicate the burnt flavour at the end of the boil.

I used a cool dab pipe. .loved the pipe. Just wish I could have smoked something with more Terps and less burnt flavour. ..it was strong to be fair. The high didn't last long though. I still enjoyed it :)

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I've the forum cut mate, not sure about the different cuts but I thought the forum cut was the most popular, it's the one I keep hearing about but I've no idea lol...she's just rooted and looking good, I've got a tent that I grow new cuts in for testing and although she won't be a commercial cut, she will be good to throw some pollen on in the future. Did ya check out any other clubs? The first time I went to HQ was with True, about this time last year. The lads were making rosin with the t-shirt press and I was amazed at it, totally baffled scratching my head thinking how in the F*** lol. Barca is one cool city, I'll have to get back to the dam in the next few months, been mad busy this past while.

HGO

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Apparently the jigga is "thin mint" ,, the forum is more of an og ..not sure about the animal but subrob says it's the absolute shizz and defo lives up to the hype.

I like the idea of rosin. But I don't think it works well for Terps. I fancy trying the live resin now to see if it has a better Terp profile

Unfortunately I was only in Barcelona for a few hours and only got the chance to go to hq. .gutted I didn't get longer. .was planning to go back to Barcelona but the missus was not up to it on the last day...gutted

Blazeee

Veteran
You guys got any pics of these cookie cuts in veg or early flower?

Im running some Forum cut GSC x Wookie 15 by Bodhi, that I just flipped last week, Im just wondering if theres any identifying traits that stand out or that i can look out for. I have heard of strange leaf mutations some fan leaves missing blades or coming up with a strange number and those long ass petioles she puts out. So far ive seen everything from 2 - 9 bladed leaves. Just wondering if theres anything else to look out for.

Also what kind of smells/taste/flavour are these different cuts putting out.

I also plan to throw some pollen over on the Cheese cut ive got along with the stardawg, wifi and lemon haze to play around with in the future.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CeresHilton x MentalHome. Hazey,Funky,Sweet and Herbal.

Attachments

• Mental Hilton.jpg
    Mental Hilton.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Mental Home x Ceres Hilton trichomes.jpg
    Mental Home x Ceres Hilton trichomes.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Mental Home x Ceres Hilton close trichs.jpg
    Mental Home x Ceres Hilton close trichs.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
B

bobmarleyman

ive still got some pre 2000 AK 47 eggs might make f`2s or make some crosses

vicfirth-12

Psychosis x animal cookies x grape stomper og.

SilverAK x animal cookies x grape stomper og.

I had 6 females and 5 males from the Animal cookies x grape stomper og.

The males went through a bit of enviromental tests. The one I ended up using can handle cold, drought and irregular lighting without freaking out.

I think the psycho cross will be a good marrige. Not too sure about the SilverAK cross. SilverAK breaks down like this.

Super silver grape (ssh X the white X Gorilla grape) X Nepal X AK47

U got sum nice sounding crosses there vic. I got sum purple lines which I think I might play about with if I find a good male in new year

Blazeee

Veteran
Granola funk (Forum cut GSC x Wookie15) #6 male plant from bodhi started dropping pollen a few days ago, have crossed him to the stardawg.

The male is very similar to a female i found from the same pack, the female has a really strong lemon candy smell and tastes delicious, the male has a similar structure to the female and has the exact same smell on the stem rub and when you break the fan leaves off, so im hoping he brings something good to the table.

I also plan to cross him to the UK cheese on my next run, as i have been growing the cheese for a while now so i will have a better idea of what traits the male is bringing. I would also like to have a go at trying to make a cheese bx, although i dont have the time or space for that right now. I think this male would go good in a cheese cross, as the female who is silimiar to him has a strong lemon candy after taste that just coats your mouth on the exhale like the cheese does.

Pics of the male plant days 17-21 ish and the stardawg at day 28 12/12 after i have pollinated her..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Lung.Butter

current stuff im harvesting soon.
headbanger f2's
rockstar kush x headbanger
stardawg x karma jack
silver surfer x silver skunk

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hunkf2 x CheesePuffz f2
12 weeks bloomer this girl.decent yeild.
just testing it after a few weks curing...Smells like Sandalwood,citric and cheesey and tastes kinda like JackH but more Gamey and Limey. will see how the high is now. JBo ;)

Attachments

• Hunk x CheesePuffz 1 (1).jpg
    Hunk x CheesePuffz 1 (1).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Hunk x CheesePuffz 1 (3).jpg
    Hunk x CheesePuffz 1 (3).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 20
  • hUNKYcHEESEPUFFS CLOSE.jpg
    hUNKYcHEESEPUFFS CLOSE.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: