What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK---Gypsy in his hey-day Bloodsport on now

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It always made me wonder why the Chinese producers called that movie 'Bionic Ninja' - because there was nothing 'Bionic' about it - I guess it's because there was a big western TV hit with 'The Bionic Man' starring Lee Majors - and they wanted to ride on the fame of the 'Bionic' name - so called the film ' Bionic Ninja' - which for me was alot of rolling around - and getting shouted at by some Cantonese marital arts director - in much heat and humidity in Kowloon Park and that container port out in the new territories - near the Chinese border - and riding around in some old Mercedes that had a clapped-out air conditioning unit - getting lunch boxes with mystery meat in them - some memories still remain - which is nice -

Hempy McNoodle

......Thanks Harry........my movie career (lol) was pretty short........I must have worked on about 6 films during the mid 80's in Hong Kong.........mostly action/martial arts films.....where ineivitably I ended up getting killed and/or beaten up...usually.....

I worked on 'Bionic Ninja'.......'Bloodsport'......'Noble House'......'The Good The Bad and the Beauty'......and was an extra in a couple of Chinese movies that I can't remember the names of......

*In 'Bloodsport'.......I was one of the fighters at the Kumate'......name of Per Gustavson......supposed to be some sort of Swedish nobleman.....lol!

**I'll have a look around for some old pics of those times.......back in my hey day.....
I loved Van Dam when I was a kid and Bloodsport was one of my favorites. I didn't know you were in that!