What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK---Gypsy in his hey-day Bloodsport on now

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
https://www.buzzfeed.com/johannacox/an-interview-with-the-man-who-inspired-and-paid-for-some-of

“Jean-Claude and I went at it for real one day on set, both of us real mad, and I told him to meet me on the roof of the Victoria Hotel, and I’ll show him who’s a champion. We met there, 60 stories up, and I stood on this section that was no wider than 18 inches. I told him we’d fight right there, then did a full-rotation kick and stared him down. You could see his heart fall into his chest and he said, ‘Frank, you’re crazy.’ After that, we went to dinner and he never raised his voice to me again. Not even when I took him to court.”

Just found this with tidbits:

https://www.fast-rewind.com/making_bloodsport.htm

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,that article had a lot of bullshito that Frank is known for.from what I've studied of Dim Mak is that it's similar to being a doctor almost.in acupuncture you have meridians in the body.hitting and manipulating them is what causes the extreme damage to organs,nerves and bones.its pure science not chi.i have studied this stuff.Bloodsport was a good movie but that's all it was,a movie

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Yeah,that article had a lot of bullshito that Frank is known for.from what I've studied of Dim Mak is that it's similar to being a doctor almost.in acupuncture you have meridians in the body.hitting and manipulating them is what causes the extreme damage to organs,nerves and bones.its pure science not chi.i have studied this stuff.Bloodsport was a good movie but that's all it was,a movie
Chi is not science?

shithawk420

Veteran
No it is.but it's not something we understand yet.fucking someone's artery,and spinal cord up using neurology is.im not putting faith into something a shaolin monk showed someone for 30 minutes it took the monk a lifetime to learn.it takes lifetimes to be able to harness chi.And you have to have an extremely strict diet.its not something you can just learn.you have to live it and I don't have that kind of discipline.if I need to defend myself I need something practicle that I can use now.this is the way it works.plain and simple

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- came across this Bolo meme - a while back - gave me a chuckle -

picture.php

Sunshineinabag

......Thanks Harry........my movie career (lol) was pretty short........I must have worked on about 6 films during the mid 80's in Hong Kong.........mostly action/martial arts films.....where ineivitably I ended up getting killed and/or beaten up...usually.....

I worked on 'Bionic Ninja'.......'Bloodsport'......'Noble House'......'The Good The Bad and the Beauty'......and was an extra in a couple of Chinese movies that I can't remember the names of......

*In 'Bloodsport'.......I was one of the fighters at the Kumate'......name of Per Gustavson......supposed to be some sort of Swedish nobleman.....lol!

**I'll have a look around for some old pics of those times.......back in my hey day.....

Fuken sweet!

mack 10

Veteran
Classic. Q for Gypsy,
Did you get to meet any of the other Kung Fu stars?
The skills some of them had where crazy.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Classic. Q for Gypsy,
Did you get to meet any of the other Kung Fu stars?
The skills some of them had where crazy.

- I did meet Jackie Chan once - on the set of Project 'A' part 2 - my GF at the time was a 'dancing girl' extra - and I went to pick her up - he was friendly but busy choreographing the next scene - so it was brief - but sweet - I have always admired Jackie - he's cranked out so many films - many being block-busters in China - if not the world - and is still going to this day -

shithawk420

Veteran
Unless he decides he's too old jackie Chan will always do his own stunts.as far as I'm concerned he is the best in the world when it comes to that.broke almost every bone in his body.he actually started out as a singer believe it or not.

Jackie is another badass.i used to read Kung Fu magazine from the 80s and Jackie was in their doing traditional forms of Kung fu.my uncle had a stack of Kung Fu magazines.he is a legit badass and master of traditional Kung Fu.serious.

His first movie was actually Enter the Dragon as an extra.its true.he talks about his first impression of Bruce Lee.

Cuddles

......Thanks Harry........my movie career (lol) was pretty short........I must have worked on about 6 films during the mid 80's in Hong Kong.........mostly action/martial arts films.....where ineivitably I ended up getting killed and/or beaten up...usually.....

I worked on 'Bionic Ninja'.......'Bloodsport'......'Noble House'......'The Good The Bad and the Beauty'......and was an extra in a couple of Chinese movies that I can't remember the names of......

*In 'Bloodsport'.......I was one of the fighters at the Kumate'......name of Per Gustavson......supposed to be some sort of Swedish nobleman.....lol!

**I'll have a look around for some old pics of those times.......back in my hey day.....
Heya Gypsy, I absolutely LOVE martial arts movies. :wave: I can´t believe you were in any of them. I gotta keep a look out for them!

mack 10

Veteran
- I did meet Jackie Chan once - on the set of Project 'A' part 2 - my GF at the time was a 'dancing girl' extra - and I went to pick her up - he was friendly but busy choreographing the next scene - so it was brief - but sweet - I have always admired Jackie - he's cranked out so many films - many being block-busters in China - if not the world - and is still going to this day -

cool, you have done interesting stuff,
hope this Covid f's off so we can all get back to doing interesting stuff.

im on my 3rd missed trip already.. an April not sounding good already an its months off!!!

mack 10

Veteran

cool, you have done some interesting stuff,
hope this Covid f's off so we can all get back to doing interesting stuff.

im on my 3rd missed trip already.. an April not sounding good already an its months off!!!

Jackie's best stuff was the older Armour of God stuff.
the car chase down threw the mountain town is insane.
think he broke his foot in one of these movies?
they made him a soak thing to put over his cast to look like a shoe, .. lol
guys hard core.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
So which one was GYPSY? Was he the guy in the dark blue pants that fought Bolo? They are showing Bloodsport on the ViceTV cable channel. That brought back some memories as I saw it when it first showed.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
This always makes me laugh - when I remember playing 'Tommy Foster - CIA agent' in a low budget Chinese film called 'Bionic Ninja' - out in the new territories - at some container dock - in a red ninja suit - it's so bad - its virtually comedy - lol