What's new

UK Growers thread

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Blimey, that was a bit out of the blue. :dueling::respect::D

As an aside, has anyone bought one of the cheap RO machines off eBay?

There is a 100 GPD 3 stage RO on there for about £40 with P&P.. well tempted, just don't want to buy it if it's total toot.

lovelightpower

Veteran
cheers mate,
looks good (well, cheap).

you reckon it would be easy gettin replacement filters for that RO unit, are they a standard size? anyone know?

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
looks good (well, cheap).

My thoughts exactly, cheap.. maybe a little TOO cheap lol..

They sell the filters on eBay too, you're right though, might prove a bit harder down the line. I've had a little read about, most of the kits you see on eBay, that RO Man site, etc are DIY, homebrew jobbies anyway.

Makes you wonder how cheap you could put one together for yourself if you bought up the bits in bulk from the far east.

kunafoot

When it all comes down to it its all about personal preference so appologies on the assumtion. And no I havent traveled the world but Ive ordered seed from all major european seed companies. Unless your are breeding your smoking the same as everone else. I have mad respect for all European heads just talking some shit dont take it personal.

Good gardens to all of you.........
And may your buds be fat and tasty......

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
og who? :wink::smile:

LOL :joint:

here you go mate

Jamaican shark with natty dreads. (Sharksbreath 75 days)

picture.php

V. :abduct:

C

CMoon

Unless your are breeding your smoking the same as everone else.

Landrace sativa' UK clone only :)

picture.php
[/IMG]

as our posting comments on the uk growers thread that just aint true' your sure to get response

cmoon

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
nice budz chaps........

i've been getting into this whole nature trip since doing this outdoor grow. I'm growing on a marsh which is criss-crossed with drainage ditches -it is also an important wetland habitat for birds. It is very humid down there with a wide variety of flying insects, dragon flies etc, and lots of painfull itchy bites. I've got up close to Herons a few times and had this hawk circling overhead-
my friend saw the pics and said it was an Osprey but it is quite possible that he is wrong-anyone know? It makes a high pitched "Aaaaargk" cry and although the pics don't give an impression of the size it is actually quite a big bird.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
plants are growing ok but had an attack in the week-i think that it was rabbits-they ate a male and felled this female

i had been ferting with an ericacaeous (sp?) fert at the regulation dose-ie about 1oz/plant and nothing happened-the plants continued to yellow. Then i threw the whole box of ericacaeous fert on them-something like 4-5times the stated dose-still nothing. Next i got some Growmore 7-7-7-went through the same process over a period of weeks. Now they look better but i think that the seaweed extract and neem sprays have greened them up more than anything..AK

Early SK X-this plant about 5feet tall already

Haze/Hashplant/Sk#1

i've seen this damage on a couple of the plants-if the neem oil doesn't stop this will have to break out the serious shit.

cheers guys
eddieS

gamehaze

growing life in stoke newington sells the ro machine for 150 i bought one and had no problems
its the ro man 4 stage sytem with ro and dionisation.
i find it better customer support when you buy from a shop

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Nice Eddie, sorry to see the animal/bug ravaged plants, looks like you've got a few that are thriving though!

growing life in stoke newington sells the ro machine for 150 i bought one and had no problems
its the ro man 4 stage sytem with ro and dionisation.
i find it better customer support when you buy from a shop

True bro, also got more comback if the thing craps out. The best value places locally to me for RO machines are Koi/Tropical fish places. Thing is they want £85 for essentially the same thing I posted above for £40.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey eddie - looks like caterpiller/grub damage. have a good look over the plants and you may find them hiding!

of course i could be talking rubbish but it doesnt look like slugs or snails :)

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
CC-i've been mixing it warm but haven't added a wetting agent-will put 1 drop of washing up liquid in the nextbatch
thanks for that

eddieS

C

CMoon

plants are growing ok but had an attack in the week-i think that it was rabbits-they ate a male and felled this female

i had been ferting with an ericacaeous (sp?) fert at the regulation dose-ie about 1oz/plant and nothing happened-the plants continued to yellow. Then i threw the whole box of ericacaeous fert on them-something like 4-5times the stated dose-still nothing. Next i got some Growmore 7-7-7-went through the same process over a period of weeks. Now they look better but i think that the seaweed extract and neem sprays have greened them up more than anything..AK

Early SK X-this plant about 5feet tall already

Haze/Hashplant/Sk#1

i've seen this damage on a couple of the plants-if the neem oil doesn't stop this will have to break out the serious shit.

cheers guys
eddieS

hey eddie, you got some tree action going on in there bro:woohoo:

ive used the growmore granules before to good effect, when i want to up the bloom ratio I lose feed phrostegen also available at wilcos:laughing:

bests with the weather:joint:

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran

cheers guys
eddieS

I've seen this on my plants the last few years too (not yet this year) but I never bothered to do anything about it and I can't say it negatively affected my crop since those leaves were cut off in the end anyway. I never saw any catepillars either. I'm not saying don't treat it but I never saw it as a huge problem

Couple of pix taken recently. The first plant's main stem snapped off but it's still going