What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm using SunBlaster 6400K tubes as supplementary lighting in my cabinet, and they seem to be working OK - I have them cycled to give 2.5 hours 'sunrise' before the main light comes on, then back on for a 3-hour 'peak', and then 2.5 hours 'sunset' at the end:

As for Kentish Creme, it's only a medium yielder at best, though higher than OG Kush, and with slightly higher resin coverage - and possibly higher potency, but that's probably quite subjective. It usually goes nine weeks, and will finish outdoors in the UK. There's a huge thread in my signature links about it, and a grow thread in the 'Test Grows ~ New Varieties' section on my cross of KC X MoFlo, called JLo - these are the V2s - the original batch, using a pure Flo as the male, was sadly lost last year:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=86832&page=11

Ryu

Cheers for the linkage EM, enjoyed the read. She's a special lady

Are there many non hazey sats with big fruit flavours?

Ryu

Yeah man, please keep us posted on the tooti fruiti, a funky Londoner came to Wales about 12 years ago and blew us away with some jack herer and tootifruiti. It was ridiculously moreish on the taste buds, dominantly sickly sweet orange with a range of fruity punch on the exhale, spent all evening with different fruity tastes popping up. All I know is that it had dense ass, quite light coloured buds and it was old sensi seeds stock, spacey body high, smiley vibe, wicked for jamming with friends.
Hope you got that one, that was the weekend I stopped smoking soapbar and started the search for erb, guess you could say the start of my education :)

Anybody like the idea of linking smoke reports or even grow reports to the elites? Most of the popular ones are easy to find but some are just too elite! Londinium, I was just gonna PM you about PPskaze and London Pink as I couldn't find much info on them, especially smoke reports. (nice pics in your gallery by the way) Then I thought if you have to type it out, maybe this thread would benefit more than just little old me?

I buzzed on some soaring SSD from Superconductor at the mo so feel free to poo poo that idea if it's shite:yeahthats

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah will keep you updated on the tooti,no worries. Thanx for the info I hope its the one you speak of as it sounds excellent!
The linked smoke reports is a good Idea,I do have one for PPSkz and others of my own but they are usually best done by un-biased others in the long run. I'm sure we could pull together smoke reports of most of the UK bred and clone-only's from the peeps on IC. Any we cant source easily we can concentrate on getting done collectively as we can.
See what LLP and the rest of 'em thinks of the idea! JBo ;]

Ryu

I understand it's a very subjective matter but you gotta start somewhere, maybe just a quick description after each cut to describe the vibe - taste/high. I remember reading a couple of stunning reports about Cheese and Psychosis on another website, how best to link already written reports without breaking any rules guys?

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a link to PurplePineapple x Skaze thread with a smoke report and pics etc\/

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=104445

Usually best to get permission to use others work beforehand and you must credit anything you post that is not your work.....This thread is an example bcos the UK lists at the start we all contributed to is cut and pasted onto many other Canna sites threads...Usually without LLP's knowledge I believe! Don't think Gypsy would want links to lots of rival sites particularly either...Just my tuppence-worth! I'm sure others on this thread would have a better idea exactly what protocols are..... I very much agree even a little info about the highs,flavours and performance for all the strains would be cool! I would be glad to provide some info for all my crews girls and other's peeps girls that I also know well! The more definitive info provided the better for future growers as well. JBo ;]

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Easy now UK crews Lookin good as per...Lovin' your work!! and I mean THAT!:woohoo:
Wotcha L.L.P. Nice to see ya around again...Hope the parties have been good mate.
I've been a little bit missing myself of late,I had same story with the Borg....these Modern Mites are little bastards(I had four-spotted ones at one point they are tufff as fuck..gross)....Only got free meself a few months back...
Glad you still got the LondonPink and the PPSk as my PPSk mum is a little sick and have been searching a couple of Selfs I done for new mum but so far all are a little mutant and weird in grow-cycle so its just inherent in those girls IMO...One actually looks really leathery like a SAGE plant in veg and I mean the culinary herb not Adam's TH strain.
I might grab a chop back off u soon tho' if mine don't pick up.....was interested to see how she was for you. I Sexed her up wiv pollen from my 'Backtooth'(Steves no1 X [Steve's no1 x Barneys]) male and gonna find a a couple of boy's from those to make a PPSK75% and see what happens from there metinks.
I have bloomed your Psycho(did a little better than my cut but exact same in high and flavour,mines probly been through more hands than yours),PsyBerry(Lovely but still not sure which I prefer still,lol)Psy Sista(a good mate with a greenhouse is holding her for me and is lovin it,will get some in the great outdoors next year with a few other UKoutdoor specials that mi bredrens have been messin with).
Puttin a LemonV(smells delish even in veg) and the Cheese x lumbo(can't wait) in to bloom in a week or so(any tips on those bruv?) and have a JackiePSD mid-bloom in a friends aero-ponic 'BioSevia' room and shes lookin Impressive...much more vigorous and spicey smelling so far than a 'SourDeisel' cut I tried(Yes a Real one!and I Still do not like it) and passed on to a Soil grower as I am not a fan of the 'Buzz' of SD and the flavour just reminds me of strains I got bored of 10 Years ago.Quite dissapointed really about that one...So I think JPSD will be more my cup of tea...Hows she been 4 u mate? Would love to catch up soon.Lemme know if there is anything I can do for you and your crew!!
RYU hiya, Glad u like the tech mate,My Technical partner has been kinda ill on and off for quite a while now so we have a new system still half finished thats miles ahead of that one...I will update that thread as soon as I get it tested and running.
Re the LondonPink: She was mine from the mid '90's a cross of: LondonWhite(S.PearlxNL5 f2 xWW F1) x PinkLady F1(P.Haze F3bx x WW F1)
that I had never grown out more than a few pips of due to seed theft years back,but luckily got one good pheno from some PotLuck seeds returned to me recently(Theres more info in the thread and I think LLP has it on the list if I'm not mistaken) Shes nowt to do with StinkyPinky or any other Famous Pinks She is Strictly U.K. bred Underground Bizznizz.....i have given a handful of cuts out selectively of her for a year or two now within 'Blighty' and one in Holland so she is about and possibly 'Renamed' by others as is often the case.
Theres a small possibility a cut exists from back in the day as I passed seeds to a few peeps then,but I have only managed to find this example...so I doubt it!
I am happy for her to be passed around the UK as I'm not working her anymore due to lack of a stud male and as we all know 'hoarded cuts' just get lost or weak from over-cloning...You can PM me about her if u like? :yes::joint:
As for Light spectrums and supplemental lights...I use a 125 blue cfl in old pootlight shades as a supp for every 600w Grolux hps at the mo and will be getting 400w CMH's for my grow spaces soon as they are fabulous,but not for bloom as I like my 600's and they arent available. My ideal would probly be 2 600w sodium for each 600w CMH in my bloom space but to be honest 2 x 600w hps with one 400W original MH in the middle with a wide reflector(and multiples thereof)is the best setup I have used in the past as far as quality,yield,internodes,disease issues and strength of high go.Might try purple 125w CFL's for supp instead of blues tho' as they are so cheap anyhoo! Dont like the idea of the purples on their own for Prop tho' as I'm not a fan of 'Giraffe' cuts and seedlings,two cool tubes for one purple tube sounds better to me.....
P.S. forgot whether I mentioned it or not but I picked up a 12 year old cut of 'TootiFruiti'(supposedly via Milton keynes) {plus a cheese x Rhino thats sposed to be a Yeilder with cheesey,meaty stench} from AFOAF and the tooti is a little low in vigour in veg but we shall see when we bud her whats shes like!She smells candy sweet in veg already. Will post some pics when she picks up a little.... Anyone else holding a cut? Luck and Lumens JBo:joint:

Ryu

the smoke report link moved up a post?

I was kinda surprised that i missed it but I guess i didn't really :)
It'll be the techno pixies

Tonic101

Hey guys

Respect to the brits:joint:

Here is a thread i posted in the strains and hybrids forum, but in heinsight i should have put it in this thread!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=145919

She is a clone only strain i relesed into the wild about 5-6 years ago.

She came from a very small batch of seeds from my Sweettooth#3 X jack Herer.

The clone is known only as #6. I gave this to several people and clones ended up getting to the more comersial boys in the S.E.

There are people that have stuck with this one for years, they tried other strains but nothing was as good a allrounder as this cut.

I would be interested to know if anyone on here has heard of the #6. Its a long shot but maybe!

cheers

Tonic

indifferent

Veteran
Purple Afghan x Abusive OG Kush, 8 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys - probably old news to most of you but here is a brief smoke report on the cheese (dry but uncured)

the Cheese is a lovely smoke. tastes good, smells great and will fill a room with smell when you open the jar, the strong parmisan smell has been joined by some fruitiness a little fuel as it's dried. potency is good but not the strongest ever. the effect is best described as a 'buzz' - quite positive and social - with some waves of stone. would probably keep you awake if you smoked it just before bed.
it really is oldschool - i can see why it helped fuel the rave scene in the UK.

the first plant (pictured a couple fo pages ago) yielded 82 grams which divided by 62.5watts (a quarter of my 250 as the screen takes up a quarter of the cab exactly) gives a yield of about 1.3 grams/watt - just above average for me :)
it was vegged for about 8 weeks though... and flowered for 63 days.

i think the one that is still in there will yield slightly more but we will see. interestingly it looks quite different to the other and the only difference was that the soil mix was diluted with 20% coco. the buds have corned up/mini foxtailed a lot more.

pics - first cheese without coco at 8 weeks
picture.php

second cheese with coco at 8 weeks
picture.php

same one at 9 weeks (under MH for the last week of this)
picture.php

V.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heard mates from Sparkhill talk of a Tiger cut years back but never saw or smoked it,unfortunately.....Will ask peeps when I go up to Midland's tho'.....Do u know anyting else 'bout her HF? JBo;]

P.S. Looking very nice there Indifferent,gorgeous structure.
Nice Cheese Report VG,Good Work mate!
Nice cross TONIC101 I love SweetTooth and keep 3 diff mums and 2 pops of it as they make magic with whatever they mate with. Crossed with Jack u can't go wrong really can ya! Looks cool!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man
Just to be sure - OG Kush was the female, right? Before I go any further with mine...;)

yep ,twas the abusive :joint:
Good-oh. Because mine is one of the bushiest, branchiest, most chubby little bushes I've grown in a long time! Pics soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.