What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
All mine are indoors too - sadly, the original first-gen plant was only photographed once, and I deleted the pics, like a fool. But this is my current outdoor plant - not huge, but should give me half an ounce or so of some of the strongest I've had:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we got NEW variety to add to the list LLP,, (hope you are well bro) :canabis:

Name: (aka "Painted Lady") ,,, Critical x (W.Widow x Free Tibet) [FRT]

Inspiration:
picture.php

Parents:

Critical [Royal Queen Seeds]
picture.php

X

W.Widow x Free Tibet [So7omon Seeds]
picture.php

Context: Hopefully the male was a 'pineapple' specimen so the flavour gets passed onto the Critical body n structure. Otherwise,,, the WW x FT should inject some depth in the cannabinoids already present in the Critical,, we are mainly thinking hashish material with this cross,, if the progeny are any good then we will in-breed them we guess :D

Seeds already in circulation,, if yo like it,, then dub it!

Keep doing the do all... :canabis:

TBL420uk

do you know how the Big Buddha Cheese stands up to the uk clone only version?
The UK (Exodus) Cheese kicks ass on the BB version. Why BB crossed it with an Afghan male & not self pol the original i do not know. You aint smoked cheese till you smoked the Exodus original one.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its because S1 cheese seeds look nothin like the cheese clone,,,,

imo BlueCheese is the best represtation of the cheese clone in seed form,,,smell and taste very similar to the Cheese clone,,,,,,the plant structure is BlueBerry but the nugs are cheesey threw an threw,,,,,,,

peeps round my way grow the budahs bluecheese an pass it off as cheese no problem

Solidopc

Just stuck a exo cheese x northern lights cross into flower tonight. This one is a selection from llp i think. I have one outside in the garden ready for chop anyday, and it smells in my opinion, better than exo cheese. Much better infact, and i have to admit, i prefer the aroma to the ffa i now have curing in the jar which was grown alongside it.

Seems cheese ios a good ole breeding plant. Every cross ive tried with it in has been nice, and had that danky smell. Can't wait to see this one performing indoors. Supposed to yield very big too.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is my first cheese harvest - a foot square scrog module, one of 4 under a 250, organic soil. big shout out to LLP and BeAn :)

8 weeks
picture.php

9 weeks - harvest day - today.
picture.php

V.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Sweet buds there, VG.

Let us know what the total yield is on that square foot. I might rethink my SOG...

lovelightpower

Veteran
here is my first cheese harvest - a foot square scrog module, one of 4 under a 250, organic soil. big shout out to LLP and BeAn :)
V.

looking good bro. much much respect.

btw have you any info on your sharks breath and blueberry cuts, i've seen you post bits and pieces, but how do you reckon they stand up to cheese in taste/high etc...

lovelightpower

Veteran
not sure but i tink so,
i'm still keeping 2 cuts of cheese going, which always makes things confusing.
but yours has more vigour than the other, so kinda makes sense keeping both.
but yeah i think i passed yours along on this occassion.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the kind words guys, i have another plant in there (same modscrog - about 10 days behind) which i think may turn out better

klint - yep very smelly :D

Blimey - check my grow diary for yields etc. modscrog is high yielding and it keeps the plant numbers down.

looking good bro. much much respect.

btw have you any info on your sharks breath and blueberry cuts, i've seen you post bits and pieces, but how do you reckon they stand up to cheese in taste/high etc...

thanks mate nice to see you here - hope the parties are going well!

i couldnt compare those cuts to the cheese high yet as i am yet to smoke it, but smell wise i would say the the Bb smells just as strong - especially after it is cut, just of berry/sweet skunk/floral rather than parmisan/old socks :) i'm still learning about the Blueberry really i ran it in the summer and it looked like this at 10 weeks
picture.php

which i was very proud of and posted the pics in a couple of places and got loads of rep for it. then i posted the pic on the DJ short forum and was told that it shouldnt really foxtail like that :redface: (still got 1.2 grams/watt from it and the quality was great). apparently high temps and excess N and P in late flowering are the cause. now i'm going to run it over winter and cut the P some more (i had already reduced the N by half from my normal levels). taste of the Bb is great and cuts through tobacco even. high is calm but not couchy, euphoric and slightly visual/trippy. potency is good but not the strongest by any means.

The SB is strong and still has a lot of 'shark' circling around, but has a lot of head as well. smells lemony and dank. can feed quite heavily too. bout 11 weeks

cheers,

V.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think plants love the lower wats in the late weeks,,,,maybe thats why v`s cheese yealded so well..........good going V

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work VG,superb 250w harvest,the buds look as dense and juicy as some under 600w. All a bit 'Tardis' really mate....Work them Beeatch's baby! ;]

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i'm hoping to top 1g/watt for the yield but it'll be a couple of weeks before the final weigh-in ;)
you've only really got about a foot depth of intense light under a 250 so i try and finish with the screen at 1 ft away and have 6" of bud growth above with the tops 6" below the light.
it's going great but im not doing anything special really - just the basics - good environment (ruck temperature controlled fan), good reflector (ecotechnics diamond)
and sh1t loads of soil - i use 4 x 15litre pots in there and i've had to cut the lips off just to get them in :)
the cab was expensive to set up but i only wanted to buy everything once so i bought the best - and it seems to be paying off :)

now if only my CMH lamp would f**king arrive from the US of A i can risk it all trying something different :D i really wanted to give the cheese that's stil in there (56 days) a week or so of CMH spectrum to finish .....

cheers

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Rick - they are PHILIPS Ceramic Metal Halide and they are like a cross between HPS and MH.
there is a big sticky thrad about them in the growroom design section. you have to order them from USA - about a nifty when you've paid the postage as well.

one look at the spectrum and it's pretty obvious they are more like daylight. we will see.
they dont come above 400 watts though. i need an 'all round' bulb because my grow is perpetual. They give out slightly less initial lumens but i think i may get better internodals and perhaps better weed from it - if it reduces my yields a bit then so be it...
the weed i get atm is great but i think outdoor weed has the edge over HPS - hopefully the CMH will bring that indoors. have totry these things. its taken over a month to arrive though and i'm not impressed with that :(

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.