What's new

UK and USA : what is on TV ?

Cuddles

A while ago I discovered that ITV is repeating A Touch of Frost !! I started watching it but realized too late and so I missed a number of episodes and wasn´t able to download them and one or two files were corrupt :(
So I decided to try youtube and to my surprise they have got full episodes available ! yipee :thank you:

For anyone who is not familiar with it, it´s a british crime show starring David Jason as Inspector Jack Frost and I highly recommend it.
I also recommend watching it in the right order ie start with the first episode otherwise some things may not make sense which can be irritating.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Longmire is a good series, based on the book series, it is about a sherif in a small town called Absaroka, he doesn't carry a mobile phone, his wife died a year before the first series (I won't say how, spoilers) and he has to deal with the rez police.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
college football, premier league soccer, major league baseball, pro beach volleyball, NASCAR races at Bristol and some sports too! all of that and too many damned commercials, sometimes 8 or more during a "break" from the show. let's see, today is Saturday...probably some fishing shows on as well.:good:

Cuddles

So, I ´ve always liked stuff from the `old days´ . But as these are rarely shown on TV these days, I decided to check youtube. A few weeks ago I came across some old Mr. Moto films, which I loved as a child.
This week I found The Paleface (Jane Russell and Bob Hope). She plays Calamity Jane and Hope plays the, well...the dope.
This was my friday night movie to watch and I loved it :)
I´ve also been downloading Are you being served episodes :) ( For those who don´t know it, it´s a british sitcom and is set in a department store. )

Ca++

'Are you being served' ran for years.

Dads Army
It ain't half hot mum
The good life
The Liverbirds
Porridge
The Sweeney
Minder
Steptoe (I didn't gel with steptoe, but many liked it)

Oh what was that thing in the upstairs flat, where the landlord was always in and out.

Recently 'My Family' got a real good run. Also that council version, where the watch tv in their pants n string vests.

Keeping Up Appearances

Late for work (no, that's me)

Cuddles

'Are you being served' ran for years.

Dads Army
It ain't half hot mum
The good life
The Liverbirds
Porridge
The Sweeney
Minder
Steptoe (I didn't gel with steptoe, but many liked it)

Oh what was that thing in the upstairs flat, where the landlord was always in and out.

Recently 'My Family' got a real good run. Also that council version, where the watch tv in their pants n string vests.

Keeping Up Appearances

Late for work (no, that's me)
luckily I have only fools... on DVD ! BUT I´m still missing one or two x-mas specials :(

goingrey

Do they still have the Newlywed Game on American TV?

Watched a couple of episodes on Youtube and LOL what a concept. The producers get them say all this suggestive or not even suggestive but straight up filthy stuff but it's cute because they are newlyweds.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As for me I don't pay for "cable" but I do pay for Internet. My ISP offers streaming boxes that offer free content & subscription based channels. But mostly I just use my PC connected to the TV to watch movies/shows on sites like "123movies"

The shows I've enjoyed so far are Peaky Blinders, Ozark, and Animal Kingdom. Right now I'm binge watching "The Simpsons", already on the 23rd season.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Do they still have the Newlywed Game on American TV?

Watched a couple of episodes on Youtube and LOL what a concept. The producers get them say all this suggestive or not even suggestive but straight up filthy stuff but it's cute because they are newlyweds.
watched an episode a while back. emcee asked this one lady what the most unusual place was where they had sex. she thought for a minute and said (on tv) "well, one time i let him put it in my ass..." i bet her mama was fit to be tied, lol.

Cuddles

so guys, halloween is coming up! So I´m wondering if there are any decent horror movies showing on UK or US television soon to watch download? Please say yes :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
true, but the news are not entertaining :( I never felt like making pizza or popcorn and sit down with a beer to watch CNN or whatever. It´s just depressing, that´all ...........
watching the nightly news can make or break a diet. you'll either be so depressed after seeing it that you aren't hungry, or eating ice cream and cake BECAUSE you are depressed. depression is such a fickle master...

St. Phatty

Watched Elysium on Netflix yesterday.

B grade sci fi with Matt Damon & Jodie Foster.

AMAZED they agreed to do the movie.

Today is my last day of Netflix streaming.

Gave up Netflix DVD a few weeks ago.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My TV conked-out a coupla months back - so I told Virgin to take the cabal off my account - and the home phone nonsense - so just have a £25 per month internet connection - where I can watch quite alot of films/shows from the past and present - I can even 'Watch with Mother ' - which was the very first TV I ever watched as a child - back in the early/mid 1960's - so lately I have been binge watching 'Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men - (with Little Weed) - its riveting television! - on the Internet -