What's new

UK and USA : what is on TV ?

St. Phatty

Mission Impossible 3 - not that great.

Watched the whole thing, still not sure what the plot was.

Then I started watching Columbo, the First Season.

No Special Effects, just Peter Falk and his prop cigar and a Plot.

Highly recommended ! :party:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I gotta admit I have never watched any of the mission impossible movies.

there's a few hours you didn't lose...load a bowl and celebrate!👍 has there ever been a good movie idea that didn't get fucked up by casting Tom Cruise or Nicholas Cage in it? 😑

Cuddles

there's a few hours you didn't lose...load a bowl and celebrate!👍 has there ever been a good movie idea that didn't get fucked up by casting Tom Cruise or Nicholas Cage in it? 😑

the only one i can think of is born on the fourth of july. i was very young when i went to see this one at the cinema. I was suppose to meet a friend in front off the cinema but we sort of missed each other and I went in all alone assuming my friend would follow- I sat there all by myself... anyway I gained respect for Cruise But what made me lose total respect for him was.... three guesses?1
As for Cage, I never liked him. Dunno why.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Sorry Cuddles , if this one is no good but here's the write up on

Chopping Block (2016): Director: Joshua Hull Writer: Joshua Hull Stars: Jasper Sams, Michael Malone, Haley Madison Genres: Comedy, Horror Runtime: 1h 23min Country: USA Language: English Release Date: 30 August 2016 (USA) Also Known As: Pink Slips Storyline: "CHOPPING BLOCK follows a group of corporate guys who get laid off. Desperate times call for desperate measures. They decide to k*dnap their ex-boss's daughter for ransom. Things take a bloody turn, when the boss's daughter just happens to be the only survivor of a masked psychopath. A masked psychopath still out for blood. Hilarity & bloodshed ensue..." Review: "Yet another obscure little horror flick recommended to me by Ewen MacIntosh (Big Keith from The Office UK). Judging by the title and the poster, you'll probably be expecting a gore-fest, but it's actually more of a black comedy along the lines of HORRIBLE BOSSES. I'm not sure if it's the acting, the direction or the script that lets it down a bit but essentially the characters are fairly well-drawn, there's a smattering of witty dialogue and the odd laugh-out-loud moment. It also reminded me of an obscure little gem called SEVERANCE... but if you've already seen that... and you're in the mood for some mindless black humour... you could do a lot worse than CHOPPING BLOCK." Written By NozinAroun81.

Cuddles

I came across Fargo the TV series (not the film) recently. Is anyone here familiar with it? What do you think of it?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Pretty sure I was watching Fargo. It was a bit lacking though.

Gavin and Stacy?
Two pints?

Both like Friends, only no money. Not for guys to watch, but good for girls

Cloneman

Veteran
Belfast the movie's good, nice bit of religious bigotry there. There's a clip where the 2 kids are talking about the difference between protestant and catholic names > excellent.
Buddy, Ma, Granny and Pop put in great performances!

St. Phatty

Can I have a Patent on the word "Fucking" ?

I would make $$$$ off of Deadwood.

I doubt they really talked that way in gold mining towns in the late 1800's.

Still a good show though !

buzzmobile

Veteran
Can I have a Patent on the word "Fucking" ?

It's doubtful. What size do you wear?
hoodie.jpg

Yellowstone has a good number of f bombs as well.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only one i can think of is born on the fourth of july. i was very young when i went to see this one at the cinema. I was suppose to meet a friend in front off the cinema but we sort of missed each other and I went in all alone assuming my friend would follow- I sat there all by myself... anyway I gained respect for Cruise But what made me lose total respect for him was.... three guesses?1
As for Cage, I never liked him. Dunno why.

I like Cage a lot,,,,
Two of my fav films had him in the lead,,
“ Raising Arizona” and “Wild At Heart “ ,,
although he does seem to make a lot of crap these days but his exes are humongous apparently.,,,s2

Latest posts

Latest posts