What's new

UK and USA : what is on TV ?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
So it's like the Census here in Australia, all I did was return the envelopes marked 'no contract, return to sender' after the third time I haven't heard back from them.

No. This evasion is grounds for a warrant. This isn't a private case of innocent until proven guilty. This is official money collection. You would have as much luck telling the tax man he can't come in and see your books at the registered business address. They will get their money. The internet has plenty of stories of how people knew how to get away with it, and are now in disbelief the government tax collectors didn't care about their perceived rights.

You either pay, or say you don't need to. Their is no religious option, such as Jedi's not paying for their bins to be emptied (which has been stopped)

We get the census and voting register letters with their £1000 fine notices. They can be ignored. They are not collecting money from you. However it's best not to argue about it or you will get screwed. There can be no evasion stories. It's all about fear, so they can only be examples made where people openly try to evade paying. In the last census, 120 people opened their mouths and were convicted. In the UK, these type of unpaid fines lead to jail, and after jail, the fine still needs paying. Some obstinate fools have been jailed a few times for not paying the same fine.

TV licensing will accept you saying you don't need one. That is a clean end to the matter. They are not out to prove you wrong, they just want the easy money. Kicking in doors is costly.

Howardjohnson

Here is my playlist with all free available USA and Canadian channels I have for myself with EPG tv guide ( CBC, Global, USA, TNT, and French Canadian stuff & some sports a bit ). It has French and English Canadian stuff and a few USA stuff that I watch often feel free to use it in any of your IPTV clients or Kodi!

St. Phatty

I wonder how much of Netflix growth slowing is related to people not wanting to use their credit cards.

I re-joined the local library so I can watch their James Bond movies.

Cuddles

I wonder how much of Netflix growth slowing is related to people not wanting to use their credit cards.

I re-joined the local library so I can watch their James Bond movies.

I don´t and I don´t even have one anymore lol :D
btw can you do real downloads from netflix or is it just streaming?

I just found a new video downloader and saved a bunch of Vera episodes from youtube which I hadn´t seen before. This new software is much better than savenet too.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Has anyone mention 'Detectorists' yet? Corny as Hell but it grows on ya! ;)

It's about 2 guys and friends in the UK using their metal detectors to search for buried hordes of treasure.

I love British TV! :wave:

Cuddles

Has anyone mention 'Detectorists' yet? Corny as Hell but it grows on ya! ;)

It's about 2 guys and friends in the UK using their metal detectors to search for buried hordes of treasure.

I love British TV! :wave:

is this a reality show or real actors?
keep a lookout for Only fools and horses ! In case you´re not familiar with it - t´s HILARIOUS :)

Cuddles

been looking for the episodes of Only fools and horses which are not included in the box set I have but no luck yet.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
is this a reality show or real actors?
keep a lookout for Only fools and horses ! In case you´re not familiar with it - t´s HILARIOUS :)

They're real actors Cuddles but they're so good they make you believe it's a reality show.

I cried when the series ended, they had all become friends that I would miss. :eek::

Cuddles

I forgot to mention that I also like horror movies. I really like the older ones and also what is considered `B-movie´ stuff.
to my regret they don´t get shown on TV very often. Hell, they barely show em even on halloween! :(
so are there any cool ones I should keep a look out for on the internet?
please let me know :)

Cuddles

ever seen "the Rocky Horror Picture Show" ? a really campy cult classic. not even a "B" movie...maybe a "D-" lol...

of course!! I have it on my external hard drive!! :) :good: ;)
But it´s not really a horror movie imo, there´s nothing scary about it :D

buzzmobile

Veteran
I forgot to mention that I also like horror movies. I really like the older ones and also what is considered `B-movie´ stuff.
to my regret they don´t get shown on TV very often. Hell, they barely show em even on halloween! :(
so are there any cool ones I should keep a look out for on the internet?
please let me know :)

See if there's anything worth watching on this list.

Full Length Horror Movies:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm9l7EEbJuhw7N89msIBjBUT54df3_dPN

St. Phatty

"Don't Look Up", Netflix made movie about the Killer Asteroid scenario.

Supposed to be a Comedy, but was surprisingly realistic.

Americans are SO CONNED about "planet defense" from a true killer asteroid.

https://www.nasa.gov/planetarydefense/overview

If NASA was serious about dealing with dangerous Asteroids, they would be attacking them NOW - from the rear - before they come back in a hundred years.

Because it's a lot easier to accelerate to 10 miles per second once, to catch an asteroid, than to fly to it, decelerate, then accelerate to catch up to it.

Meanwhile, nobody has done anything FAR EASIER than catching an asteroid - by practicing training on Space Junk in satellite orbit.

Cuddles

They're real actors Cuddles but they're so good they make you believe it's a reality show.

I cried when the series ended, they had all become friends that I would miss. :eek::

I´ll keep an eye out for re-runs. Do you happen to know which british channel it was made for?

Cuddles

I just saw that there is a spooky film with Vincent Price coming up on TV called The Bat. Does anyone know it and should I bother?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Terry Pratchett series, Hogfather, Going Postal, Colour of Magic, Wyrd Sisters, Soul Music, Troll Bridge etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts